Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well placed my order in January model s plaid + it auto converted to plaid in June trading in my current m3p 4K miles delivery estimates have been all over the place got trade in value 7-18 was happy with the offer but what do you know it expired 5 days before delivery appointment re-evaluated offer mind you 30 days and 800 miles 6500.00 less than original offer 🤦🏼‍♂️
I am going to go ahead and offer you a few periods. Here you go.......

PS can you try and sell it private? Or CarMax, Carvana, etc.? Not sure about Florida, but you could lose the sales tax advantage on your purchased Tesla. But maybe selling it to one of those makes up for that difference?

Last edited:
Well placed my order in January model s plaid + it auto converted to plaid in June trading in my current m3p 4K miles delivery estimates have been all over the place got trade in value 7-18 was happy with the offer but what do you know it expired 5 days before delivery appointment re-evaluated offer mind you 30 days and 800 miles 6500.00 less than original offer 🤦🏼‍♂️
BOHICA

So I think there were a couple of posts the past few days asking for a pic of a Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheel covers popped off. Where
here's one I poached from a forum on Facebook.

IMO the car looks MUCH better with the wheel covers ON. Even with that, despite the extra $4500, I'm glad I finally decided to
upgrade to the Arachnids, which make the car look 10k better. Still blows me away that a 130k+ car comes with "hubcaps".
Looks great to me

Aesthetics and range issues aside, has anyone actually seen any legit posted acceleration times between the two tires? I'd bet it's marginal at best...

Either way, I gotta look at the car every day so for *me* looking at it with the 21's on it will be much more satisfying than the 19's.
Understandable, to each his own. Difference in acceleration is not an issue for me, it's what the 19s offer over 21s. The list of pros far exceeds the one con which is looks and it's a good enough compromise for some of us. Enjoy your 21s man and let me bang with my 19s okay!

This is a big concern of mine as well. I am going to be pissed if they do that *sugar* to me.

This my friends is so much better than a plastic hubcap that’s adds a few miles of range.

Attachments

• D1D4060E-683E-4A7C-AC61-B4B125E9E55E.png
    D1D4060E-683E-4A7C-AC61-B4B125E9E55E.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 181
I wonder what the market value is going to be for a set of Tempest wheels. Seeing as how I can't drop 7K on winter rims, I'm curious if the number of people dumping them for forged wheels will make them reasonably cheap.
I'd definitely wait a while. There are certain to be a few, and 19" will probably be fairly easy to buy. If that does not happen you can buy aftermarket when the need arises.

I'd definitely wait a while. There are certain to be a few, and 19" will probably be fairly easy to buy. If that does not happen you can buy aftermarket when the need arises.
Yeah looking at the prices on Tsportline and such, they are raking new owners over the coals right now. I'll park it for four months before I let them extort me.

I see the Arachnids without tires are selling for $2k. Hopefully I can pick up a set of Tempest with tires for less than that. I can't believe there will be a whole bunch of people looking to buy the default wheels.

If that doesn't happen, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up aftermarket rims next summer for under $4k.

I ordered my SLR on 6/10/21 and went blank for close to two months. Figure this, on average, to be a six-month process -- possibly longer. Some will come and go while you're waiting, and then there's @Leodoc.
The frustration is I ordered the Plaid Plus back in February. Seems like they just restarted my clock when they switched me to the Plaid. Patience, patience!

Has anyone seen detailed charging and range data on the LR (or Plaid) yet? I'm curious to see what the ~400 mile range translates to in the real world, and also curious if there are charging improvements over the 3. Thanks!
Yep, the Plaid's range and charging speeds/curve has been analyzed: