Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a white interior and white exterior reservation for a plaid… delivery estimate was September 6-26 ( dreaded end of quarter push )
I asked them to flag my account for other available configuration orphaned cars ( if someone declines delivery, I will take it )and only thing I wanted was cream or white interior ….
within a day I had two cars to pick from from 2 different service centers ( I had a duplicate order / reservation to improve my odds , where we have our other property in a different state ….
I chose black with cream interior with wood trim and arachnid wheels …. Had to pay more but got my car yesterday ….
I saw 4 plaids at SC and one had tempest wheels , rest arachnids … black and cream interiors , carbon fiber and wood trims and black, red , MSM colors …
hope this helps ….

the car is a beast and I can tell u the finish is better than my MXp100d by many many folds …. We found a visor mirror that had a crack but that’s it …
no cheapo plastic creaking sound and much much improved wind noise / quieter cabin and seats are much better

Still team blank. Grrr

Team Blank as well: Plaid white/white/CF/21" FSD
I think that Carbon Fiber might put you into the Tesla purgatory. I have been there since I place my order in January with white interior and 19" wheels. I was told by a SA back in June that my delivery date would be Sept/Oct. We are seeing the 19" wheels being delivered and some white interiors. And I do have a estimate delivery date.

So @1khpV3 and @Breezewest hang in there. Too bad we could not get a quick message once a month stating what is going on with our "reservation". I for one, would not cancel my order if they told me back in March that I would not get my car until November because of shortages of white seats and 19" wheels. It would have saved me time logging in each day checking for an update.

The EOQ is approaching so I am hoping that everyone with an Aug, Sept, Oct estimated delivery window gets there car in the next 3 or 4 weeks. With you guys/gals out of the way, then the rest of us can get our cars delivered.;)

I appreciate your post, pictures, information and words of encouragement while I continue to wait. Thanks❤️

Texas folks. My experience has been different this time. In 2018 I had to pay in full prior to even shipping.

This go around I have VIN and an EDD of 8/20-24, and have been told the vehicle is set to arrive in Dallas by the 21st.

For others. How was the transition? I’ve yet to pay (review agreements is grayed out - Tesla finance). How long from the arrival date should I buffer (2 days)? When did the payment option appear? Do they deliver to the house? I’m itching to drop a large amount of money.

Thanks in advance. So close…

That's how it works now w most of these online tradeins. I sold mine on Carvana and no questions asked pickup and instant check. They have an algorithm based on risk. They make the offer. It's good. Unless you falsified the pictures you're good
Idk about when you sold but the KBB private party estimate for my car is ~$69k, the trade in is ~$60k, Carvana is offering $49k. Dealer price was around $75k. Tesla is selling a car just like mine with twice the mileage for $76k...

Clearly Carvana doesn't want any more Teslas...

Texas folks. My experience has been different this time. In 2018 I had to pay in full prior to even shipping.

This go around I have VIN and an EDD of 8/20-24, and have been told the vehicle is set to arrive in Dallas by the 21st.

For others. How was the transition? I’ve yet to pay (review agreements is grayed out - Tesla finance). How long from the arrival date should I buffer (2 days)? When did the payment option appear? Do they deliver to the house? I’m itching to drop a large amount of money.

Thanks in advance. So close…
That is super shocking to hear. Wonder if it changed with Giga Texas terms.

Well my June 6th order plaid/MSM/black/wood/19s showed up to the dealer around 11pm pretty excited about picking her up View attachment 698955
@Alexjrs Ah, I remember that feeling well. It was just a week ago I stalked my just delivered MSM w/19s at the SC (and took pictures just like you) - right after it was unloaded from the truck! Took delivery at 5pm that day! Enjoy - she's a beauty!

Last edited:
I had a white interior and white exterior reservation for a plaid… delivery estimate was September 6-26 ( dreaded end of quarter push )
I asked them to flag my account for other available configuration orphaned cars ( if someone declines delivery, I will take it )and only thing I wanted was cream or white interior ….
within a day I had two cars to pick from from 2 different service centers ( I had a duplicate order / reservation to improve my odds , where we have our other property in a different state ….
I chose black with cream interior with wood trim and arachnid wheels …. Had to pay more but got my car yesterday ….
I saw 4 plaids at SC and one had tempest wheels , rest arachnids … black and cream interiors , carbon fiber and wood trims and black, red , MSM colors …
hope this helps ….

the car is a beast and I can tell u the finish is better than my MXp100d by many many folds …. We found a visor mirror that had a crack but that’s it …
no cheapo plastic creaking sound and much much improved wind noise / quieter cabin and seats are much better
What exactly did you ask them? Also did they charge you the new MSRP or only had to pay more for the 21s?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And just like that, after a half day with EDD “Nov 15 - Dec 5”, today it says “Sep 15 - 30”.

Don’t you care about my nerves, Elon?

But seriously, as someone in software for over 20 years, I can’t fathom deploying an algorithm as bad as the thing that displays EDD on this website.
I did have an EDD of Nov 15 - Dec 5 and was hopeful my car would be on the same truck as yours given you're in VA and I'm in MD. Nope. Instead of my window shortening...it increased by a day -- Nov 16 - Dec 6.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Question, as mine should be showing up in about a week... how do you know when it's there?
@DukeofURL There are several ways....
1. Get ahold of a helpful SA at the DC and ask them to track the VIN for you
2. Know the transportation time from Fremont to your DC from prior purchase experience
3. Stalk 🤣 the SC multiple times a day, starting about 2 days after VIN assignment on the West Coast and 9 days after on the East coast

YMMV.

Someone said that TSportline may come out with a less expensive wheel. The 19's on the pre-refresh, with tires, are $3,300. That's reasonable. The new ones they just listed on their site for the refresh at $5,700 and simply too much for me.

And yes, the wheel sizes are the same on the Plaid and LR
I got an email from TSportline a couple wks ago saying that new tire/wheel packages for the MS refresh would be available in Sept. Thinking these may be the flow forged ones at a less expensive price.