Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN!
1629989190405.png

For all of you LR owners and reservations out there, I finally did 0-60 times in Chill, Sport and Insane modes. None were in drag strip/launched.

View attachment 701601View attachment 701600View attachment 701599
thanks for this. Wow, chill mode is...horrendous! or at least not very quick. Sport is where I think it defaults to? if so, 4.5 seems pretty respectable to me, and of course, insane to beat that guy at the light...
does anyone know - can we leave in insane mode? my buddy did it and we thought it revered back to sport.
thanks!

thanks for this. Wow, chill mode is...horrendous! or at least not very quick. Sport is where I think it defaults to? if so, 4.5 seems pretty respectable to me, and of course, insane to beat that guy at the light...
does anyone know - can we leave in insane mode? my buddy did it and we thought it revered back to sport.
thanks!
Both Insane and Plaid modes respectively do not time out. You can drive all day in these modes. Drag Strip Mode is the one that times out after 3 hours, or when you start the car the next time.

thanks!
I received my car in chill mode and switched it to insane. It has been there ever since, without reverting to sport mode.

Hi All,
My buddy was getting the mustang mach e and got p'd off at Ford's nonsense - now he's pretty serious about a Polestar 2.
I'm starting to look at it - I think it's ugly, both outside and in.
I don't want to compare directly to the S - I think it gives more than 2/3 of the S, at a little over 1/2 the S price (about $60k all in, no FSD but does have parking, etc.).
0-60 is 4.2 I think - and I saw posted earlier the LR sport mode is about that - so i think i wouldn't feel a difference.
i like the tesla better in many ways, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these things? Polestar is Volvo, there's SOME history but not as evolved as Tesla, and i MIGHT have range anxiety (about 266 max miles) however, my daily drive is like 12 round trip so that may not be a major factor.
It has the bonus of the $7,500 credit.
I think the S is in a whole other category - but I'm also wondering will prices actually DROP in a few years (better battery tech, no more chip shortages, etc.)? yesterday i read the theory that prices will go up, so getting the S before the $10k increase (I'm in for that) is a "bargain" - though for now I have FSD which even Elon says "isn't great"
I think the Polestar 2 is supposed to go more against the 3, which I think is actually slightly cheaper than the Polestar 2.
anyone have any experience or thoughts about the polestar 2? they can purportedly deliver 3 weeks after ordering. I'm not sure if they have a polestar monkey or if that is a Tesla exclusive.
Thanks! :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Both Insane and Plaid modes respectively do not time out. You can drive all day in these modes. Drag Strip Mode is the one that times out after 3 hours, or when you start the car the next time.
thanks. Not sure why my buddy's went from insane back to sport - but we were dialing everything in so who knows what "buttons" we pressed.
Not sure if it is a coincidence, or even in insane mode, but he didn't give me a heads up when we got on the highway and i snapped my neck.
it's been killing me for 2 weeks! I don't think related, sometimes happens from sleeping, but maybe a happy/unhappy coincidence!

Hi All,
My buddy was getting the mustang mach e and got p'd off at Ford's nonsense - now he's pretty serious about a Polestar 2.
I'm starting to look at it - I think it's ugly, both outside and in.
I don't want to compare directly to the S - I think it gives more than 2/3 of the S, at a little over 1/2 the S price (about $60k all in, no FSD but does have parking, etc.).
0-60 is 4.2 I think - and I saw posted earlier the LR sport mode is about that - so i think i wouldn't feel a difference.
i like the tesla better in many ways, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these things? Polestar is Volvo, there's SOME history but not as evolved as Tesla, and i MIGHT have range anxiety (about 266 max miles) however, my daily drive is like 12 round trip so that may not be a major factor.
It has the bonus of the $7,500 credit.
I think the S is in a whole other category - but I'm also wondering will prices actually DROP in a few years (better battery tech, no more chip shortages, etc.)? yesterday i read the theory that prices will go up, so getting the S before the $10k increase (I'm in for that) is a "bargain" - though for now I have FSD which even Elon says "isn't great"
I think the Polestar 2 is supposed to go more against the 3, which I think is actually slightly cheaper than the Polestar 2.
anyone have any experience or thoughts about the polestar 2? they can purportedly deliver 3 weeks after ordering. I'm not sure if they have a polestar monkey or if that is a Tesla exclusive.
Thanks! :)
The Polestar is a good car, and I can't not recommend it. The more EVs sold the better. Keep in mind though that the 4.2 0-60 is with the AWD, which has 249 miles of range. You'd be in for a bad surprise with the single motor's 7.0 second 0-60 lol. I personally haven't had any IRL experience with one though, so I can't speak from that end. However, I will say this: if you're going going move to that segment in EVs, I would REALLY strongly recommend checking out the M3, which is the benchmark in that segment. The LR M3 has 353 miles of range, the same 4.2 0-60 (3.7 if you want), and is less expensive.

Last edited:
Um, that was like news from like 5 months ago, lol! 😜 🤣 And yes, many of us ordered when the Tesla website still showed the RED brake calipers and that's what we though we were getting but then just before the MS Plaids first started delivering, apparently Elon changed them to black and hence, now they're all black for the refresh MS Plaid/LR. Sometimes, Elon really doesn't know what Tesla's customers really want/like; he just does whatever he likes.
What customers want ? In his PODCAST interview he was crystal clear that he designs for what he wants..... maybe overall for the better considering when Henry Ford asked people what they wanted they replied 'faster horses'.....

The Polestar is a good car, and I can't not recommend it. The more EVs sold the better. Keep in mind though that the 4.2 0-60 is with the AWD, which has 249 miles of range. You'd be in for a bad surprise with the single motor's 7.0 second 0-60 lol. I personally haven't had any IRL experience with one though, so I can't speak from that end. However, I will say this: if you're going going move to that segment in EVs, I would REALLY strongly recommend checking out the M3, which is the benchmark in that segment. The LR M3 has 353 miles of range, the same 4.2 0-60 (3.7 if you want), and is less expensive.
thanks, i drove the 3 and liked it, then the Y and liked it more. and then said, "f it, if i don't get the S, i'll feel like i'm missing out and i'll regret it" - both my accountant and buddy told me to get the S - they both said, "you're not going to be happy with it (compared to my Benz) but at least I won't regret getting the lower model" - meanwhile, I don't want an ICE anymore. NONE of them. So I guess if I use my rationale, that the S is "less practical" than the 3 or Y, but I WANT it, then I guess I just answered my own question.
thanks @2021plaid oh giver o' likes - you gave me my own therapy session, for a mere $100 Tesla deposit.
and thank you Tesla for sending me into apoplexy where I second guess myself on a stupid car far too often.
Gas savings - $5k! (charger plus installation cost - nearly $3k!)
I guess if I keep on this vein, I had (and have) range anxiety. even with a 12 mile daily commute. so I like having 388 miles in reserve!
okay, i was lured by the cheap price, and quick delivery (which I don't need).
Back to Tesla account refreshing, thanks again!

Last edited:
thanks, i drove the 3 and liked it, then the Y and liked it more. and then said, "f it, if i don't get the S, i'll feel like i'm missing out and i'll regret it" - both my accountant and buddy told me to get the S - they both said, "you're not going to be happy with it (compared to my Benz) but at least I won't regret getting the lower model" - meanwhile, I don't want an ICE anymore. NONE of them. So I guess if I use my rationale, that the S is "less practical" than the 3 or Y, but I WANT it, then I guess I just answered my own question.
thanks @2021plaid oh giver o' likes - you game me my own therapy session, for a mere $100 Tesla deposit.
and thank you Tesla for sending me into apoplexy where I second guess myself on a stupid car far too often.
Gas savings - $5k! (charger plus installation cost - nearly $3k!)
I guess if I keep on this vein, I had (and have) range anxiety. even with a 12 mile daily commute. so I like having 388 miles in reserve!
okay, i was lured by the cheap price, and quick delivery (which I don't need).
Back to Tesla account refreshing, thanks again!
HELL YEAH BROTHER! Glad to have you staying here my dude! Always appreciated your input! Glad to have helped. 😁 😁 😁

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
You sure do sound like a wannabe peacock
to be fair I've heard @AnselmDante state he can't afford a Plaid, etc. though me thinks he COULD if he chose, but chooses less debt. At least that's the position I'm in - I don't want to sound like a jerk. I CAN afford a Plaid. I WON'T pay for one. Though truly, if I was offered a Plaid without the $10k summer price increase I might do it. I've paid $10k for cars to go from V6 to V8, though as I recall, the price delta was $20k to go from the LR's "V8" to the Plaid's "V20"!

I drive my car in eco mode - more to avoid going to the gas station than the cost of premium fuel - however if I could fuel my car at home every night and avoid the gas station, and always have a full tank, pedal to the metal here I come!

If/when my S ever gets here, I'm wondering will I stay in insane or linger in sport, or even chill - and if so, it probably will be more for the comfort and enjoyment of the ride versus the electrical savings/"fuel economy" except on uber long trips of course...