Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is already someone selling their stock arachnids on the for sale forum for $2000. I think the biggest reason I wouldn’t get 21’s is because of potholes and bent wheels. For a daily driver, I don’t have the capacity to deal with bent wheels all the time.
No no… people are remembering the old 21s with horrible load ratings . The new 21 tires have awesome load ratings because they’re wider

Definitely drive both models before deciding. At the very least you should drive a Plaid before deciding.
That would definitely be the smart thing to do so we could judge for ourselves. Too bad us early adopters have nothing to test drive or even look at (for most of us) before ordering. I would have waited until next year but I have no patience.

Buying before seeing saved me $40k because even though I'm very cheap, have a bad back (getting old sucks), and would 99.99% of the time never use the extra acceleration and speed, I'm sure I would have picked the Plaid just because my mental development stopped when I was in high school hanging out with my friends and screwing around with 60s era American muscle cars and one really pathetic but fun Triumph Spitfire.

A male bot? Can you please provide us with a pic of a male bot vs a female bot? And please don't show us a male bot with a 21" bent rim?

1631898362889.png

Okay, this is by far my most off topic post ever, but it is definitely in line with my personality.

Go to Youtube and watch a video titled "The Devil's Daughters - Rock Boppin Baby". The music is uninspiring, but you don't have to watch the whole video. Watch about 30 seconds of it. Just long enough to see exactly what is so special about this video. And then for the humor part, scroll down and start reading the comments.

@uthatcher you may want to sit this one out.

Excuse me. I never said I wanted a Plaid and cry to myself every night because I didn't get one, thank you!

The Plaid has cool talking points, 99.9999999% of all people who buy it will never need them other than to sound cool at some country club. I value range over performance. If I were gonna blow $150k on a car, well I'd just wait for the Roadster which has both (it also looks cooler and more unique). ;)
Sorry Tigers, I don’t belong to a country club! Haha! 😜🤣. Btw - the new Roadster, if it actually happens is supposed to be $250k I believe. So add another $100k to blow on top of your $150k. And most of us here won’t do that. The MS Plaid turns out to be an unprecedented bang for your buck in terms of performance in today’s mass-produced vehicles. But the LR is very quick as well and a great bang for your buck as well.

Ok! I sat in a Plaid. And I instantly realized why it’s more expensive.

I let off a silent one and the perforated seats took it in. No aroma wafted anywhere… at least until I got out 😎
The LR does that too. Make sure you don't have the seat vents turned on or you send that stuff right back out.

Buying before seeing saved me $40k because even though I'm very cheap, have a bad back (getting old sucks), and would 99.99% of the time never use the extra acceleration and speed, I'm sure I would have picked the Plaid just because my mental development stopped when I was in high school hanging out with my friends and screwing around with 60s era American muscle cars and one really pathetic but fun Triumph Spitfire.
Yes, my father used to say, "Getting old is not for sissies!! Not sure he actually used the word sissies as my recollection was that word started out with a p but there were two s's and it did end with "ies" so it's as close as I can get for this forum. Ahhhh.......the 60's muscle car era! I remember you owned a muscle car if you could run the 1/4 mile in the low 14's. If you had a car capable of running in the 13's you were a bad ass! NO ONE in my town had a car capable of running in the 12's. That was considered impossible except for professional drag racers. In the late 1990's, I had a four cylinder turbocharged intercooled AWD car that ran in the very high 11's and would smoke the V12 Vipers that were out at the time. Fast forward 20 years or so and I have a sedan that can run mid 10's and am now waiting for one that can run in the 8's. Muscle cars.........hard to believe we put that moniker on them, but those were different times. It's all about fun and I had my share back then and am continuing to have fun now even with age and a bad back.

There is already someone selling their stock arachnids on the for sale forum for $2000. I think the biggest reason I wouldn’t get 21’s is because of potholes and bent wheels. For a daily driver, I don’t have the capacity to deal with bent wheels all the time.
That’s me and they’re “pre-sold” but as you all know, I’m replacing my oem 21” Tesla Arachnids with 21” forged Signature wheels, and keeping the oem 21” Michelin PS4 tires. But, living in South Florida, potholes are rare. So no worries for me.