Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

Just picked up my Plaid from having XPEL paint protection film and ceramic coating applied and let me tell ya, it turned out excellent! Absolutely looks better than the day I picked it up thanks to the skillful work of the team at Knox Details in Knoxville, TN. I never got around to getting PPF for my last Model S and regretted it, so it's great to have the protection and peace of mind this time around.

IMG_1477.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1467.jpeg

PLAID VS. 765LT!

Wow! It's clear the Tesla MS Plaid gets the launch advantage (and traps higher too, so way more power than the McLaren 765LT), and that's with oem stock 21" Arachnid wheels. We want to see how his MS Plaid does against his new Ferrari SF90...he said he's getting all 3 out next time! :cool:

Wow! It's clear the Tesla MS Plaid gets the launch advantage (and traps higher too, so way more power than the McLaren 765LT), and that's with oem stock 21" Arachnid wheels. We want to see how his MS Plaid does against his new Ferrari SF90...he said he's getting all 3 out next time! :cool:
The SF90 will get smacked too. Mid to high 140s trap car vs. low 150s trap, ~9.6 1/4 mile vs. 9.2s consistently. Also, continuous power with no shifting, and putting almost all 1,020 hp to the ground, whereas the SF90 with its AWD ICE losses will be putting down 750 to 850 hp at the wheels.

My EDD has moved up from 11/2-11/22
View attachment 710932

This is all happening so fast. Am I ready for a long term commitment? Flashbacks from my shotgun wedding are flooding back ..
Hey, I've got similar timeline. Congrats. MS LRs coming out fast & furious now that the long wait time MSPs are getting pushed into EOQ. Maybe we'll run into each other at Rocklin, CA pick up? My dates haven't moved in over 5 wks! But, I am oh so glad it is not EOQ dt. I'll know more on my EDD definitively once it goes to Feb or Blank again, I guess.
Wonder what the odds are that we'll actually end up with 2022s? Typically, other auto manuf go over to (2022) "N" on VINs by mid Oct. Right?? 🤞

I'm pretty sure gator is only here to have an audience to brag to. Once he has listed all of his previous cars and accomplishments, the only left for him is to post pics of what he KNOWS is the best choices and combos of the new MS. He'll stick around for all the congrats, and eviscerate anybody who says they would prefer some other combination, while belittling them at the same time.

Naturally, he has no reason to stay after that. He's not here to help others, or share any issues or knowledge with others who are still waiting. He just wants to bask in the glow of his awesomeness
Alright guys, you kept calling me a bot, so I've decided to reveal my face (and some more) to prove I'm not!!!!

(J/K of course) Disclaimer: NOT ME!
Thank god. I'd have to stop talking to you. I felt like slapping you...lol

Ordered 1/28/21. Finally had a delivery date range of late November - Early December. Now, back to February. I may have the record for delay since I ordered the second day it was available. It does not make sense since so many have been delivered who ordered later. Oh well!

Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Ordered 1/28/21. Finally had a delivery date range of late November - Early December. Now, back to February. I may have the record for delay since I ordered the second day it was available. It does not make sense since so many have been delivered who ordered later. Oh well!

Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
19" Tempest Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Seems like your EDD jumping to February is potentially a good a sign… most seem to have that happen followed by a VIN and near EDD the next day.

My radar detector turns itself on and off without any action on my part and worked consistently well until my car went in to Tesla service. We’ll see how it fares after….I dunno if they’ll have to remove any parts of it to repair the car. As of right now they have a targeted repair completion date three weeks out (service submitted data—trying to find root cause for error codes generated because of one of the steering modules—to Tesla engineering and waiting for direction 🤦‍♀️). Feeling the Service frustration/disappointment like @Mandarin and @WilliamG—maybe if I didn’t enjoy driving the car so much it would stick in my craw a little less
Sorry to hear that. At least they told you it will sit there 3 weeks right away. For me it was a week at beginning and they were moving completion data every day which ended up with 24 days at service...

No one still offered me to cover my monthly payment or so, but I would not pursue this cause surprisingly they returned the car in original condition without breaking or scratching everything, and the service adviser who was returning the car was so cool guy who was answering all my questions and concerns and also being with me for 40 minutes whole I've been inspecting the car after the service visit

So I have had my MSP for just over a month now and it’s my first Tesla.

I have thankfully owned many cars before I have to admit that I don’t believe I ever felt the same way like I do about this vehicle..

Every time I drive it, it’s like a “kid getting a new toy feeling” every time. Still marveling the handling, acceleration, tech etc.. Just the feeling you can take any corner, out-accelerate any car, catch any vehicle is weird by amazing feeling to have.

So I have had my MSP for just over a month now and it’s my first Tesla.

I have thankfully owned many cars before I have to admit that I don’t believe I ever felt the same way like I do about this vehicle..

Every time I drive it, it’s like a “kid getting a new toy feeling” every time. Still marveling the handling, acceleration, tech etc.. Just the feeling you can take any corner, out-accelerate any car, catch any vehicle is weird by amazing feeling to have.
For me, It’s been since 2014. We used to call it the “Tesla grin”
For me it has yet to fade.
Magnified significantly by my new MSP

Thanks

Curious if anybody has done this, and can provide info on whether it will add any amount significant time to the delivery process.
Taking my car directly from tesla to get PPF and ceramic coating at ALSET.
would like to take a little bit of an extended joy/test ride along the way.
ALSET is only ~ 9 minutes from the Portland, OR SC.
I will try to post videos of Delivery & PPF process on my YouTube channel.
I received a call from someone at Tesla confirming my appointment. I asked about my concerns about pre-payment. He suggested I bring in a certified check.
I think that gives me the most flexibility, just in case the car is unacceptable.
Somewhat concerned that using the app & banking info at time of delivery has risks of glitches with fraud prevention systems in the banking industry…

Hey, I've got similar timeline. Congrats. MS LRs coming out fast & furious now that the long wait time MSPs are getting pushed into EOQ. Maybe we'll run into each other at Rocklin, CA pick up? My dates haven't moved in over 5 wks! But, I am oh so glad it is not EOQ dt. I'll know more on my EDD definitively once it goes to Feb or Blank again, I guess.
Wonder what the odds are that we'll actually end up with 2022s? Typically, other auto manuf go over to (2022) "N" on VINs by mid Oct. Right?? 🤞
I hope so, not that it really matters much but a 2022 sounds a little better than a 2021 :)

that’s why I was perfectly fine with waiting until mid to late November.