Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they don’t reschedule you. I’ve looked for appointments in Plano and Fort Worth also. Everywhere is filled. I guess as a shareholder demand is a good thing but as a new owner of a car that is 1 day old, it is pretty frustrating.
Yea none of my issues are urgent, so it’s no rush really, but still disappointing to keep getting broken promises before and after delivery. Leaves somewhat of an uncertain feeling about what would happen if something urgent did arise.

Just curious if anyone that ordered the plaid plus on battery day, and converted to plaid, is still waiting for their car.

It's been a year now...

I am a battery day order and still waiting. I have a present EDD range of October 31 - November 20. I am sure my configuration (Red/White/CF/19") has been my achilles heel.

I love how varied the perspectives are on this forum. It's awesome to see folks discuss the finer nuances of handling vis a vis torque vectoring in high performance suspensions and read comparisons between the Model S and top-of-the-line BMWs, Mercs, Audis, and Porsches.

AND I can't wait to share my experience as an EV newbie coming from an '07 Altima that leaks oil like a sieve, shudders and chokes under acceleration, and shakes so violently above 70 MPH that I don't know whether I should schedule a trip to the chiropractor or cancel my next one because the ride already cracked my back into submission.
Prepare to be absolutely blown away by your experience with this car’s performance. I know I was/am, coming from a similar perspective. Enjoy the anticipation of what is to come, then let us all know about it! 😀

I am a battery day order and still waiting. I have a present EDD range of October 31 - November 20. I am sure my configuration (Red/White/CF/19") has been my achilles heel.

You are a patient man...but judging from some of the pics and vids here, it's worth the wait for a red car...

At least it seems likely that you will avoid the year end rush, firmly in the middle of the 4th quarter...

Myself, I have given up on a plaid for now, all my chips are in for a CT trimotor, hopefully before June 2023...

They still do. @AnselmDante got a P100D loaner, and they seem to give them out if your car has/will be sitting for a while at the SC.

I found if you need service, and drive to a SvC far, far away, they may take pity on you and give you a loaner. For me, a 2017 MX 75D for a month, downside was they spend that month screwing up my car....

I found if you need service, and drive to a SvC far, far away, they may take pity on you and give you a loaner. For me, a 2017 MX 75D for a month, downside was they spend that month screwing up my car....
You guys are scaring me. 😄 I am a real estate agent and can't be without a car or have people drive me around like uber. Is any SC in Socal still offers service loaner or at least a rental?

Not sure, assume they try to sell everything off for EOQ. There are usually no test drive vehicles at EOQ too

Unlike a few days ago, no new MS inventory in SoCal. The used inventory is pretty slim as well, with most cars more than a new LR...

Interesting to see a car like mine listed, with more miles, no free SuC or connectivity beyond 30 days, only 6k less than what I paid for it 3 years ago as a CPO...

So you’re saying that because I’m getting Uber credits, they don’t expect my car to be there for long?
Nah it's more of a estimate that your car will be done soon, and if it's taking longer than expected, they may have a loaner for you. Sometimes they send you off with a loaner, but other times it's after.

Great communication from Alset.
More PPF install photos just texted to me with this comment:
“Passenger side doors are done! It's soooo gloss”
View attachment 713163View attachment 713164View attachment 713165
Just got another update text!!!!

“Bumper going down!”

176E52D1-381D-4990-9569-E7455B4274D2.jpeg
AA46CE17-2F60-48AB-811A-968CF532F322.jpeg

They don't give a loaner while your friend's vehicle is unable to charge?
They normally do (or Uber credits, $100 - $300 a day), but they hadn't yet. I told him to harass them, nicely, every day until they did... then they just fixed his car lol.

I thought Tesla used to give out loaners, is it because they don't have enough inventories?
They still do, but (the same with our local BMW dealership) don't have enough for the volume of business they do.

You guys are scaring me. 😄 I am a real estate agent and can't be without a car or have people drive me around like uber. Is any SC in Socal still offers service loaner or at least a rental?
What you can do is tell them this, and they'll schedule you so you WILL have a loaner (at least here in NJ). Otherwise it's a crapshoot whether you get a loaner or credits.

Mine shifted to the same this AM. Plaid MSM/black/CD/21”/no FSD.

I’ve received 3 EOQ cars over the past several years and yea I have to agree - a Q3 car is likely not happening :(
Just got another update text!!!!

“Bumper going down!”

View attachment 713652View attachment 713653
Are they not removing the license plate holder and re-installing after wrap? seems like you would want the bumper covered fully incase you remove the plate holder in the future.