Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rhuber Hey man, couldn’t DM you for some reason, but was awesome meeting another Illinois’an/Plaid owner. I definitely remember seeing you around the forum haha.

My names Jav btw!

Cheers
Ya that was hilarious. Middle of Utah and two folks from illinois crossing opposite directions. The red is a great color on the plaid, wow.

That's a good question...I figured most of the west coast plaid+ conversions would have been the first deliveries made.
Iz waiting. SoCal. Battery day order. Changed to Plaid late. I have the much delayed white+cf interior.

Right now EDD is today until end of month. No VIN. Banking it will change back to end of October to beginning of November again tomorrow.

I think I sold both our S and X today.

Last edited:
Ya that was hilarious. Middle of Utah and two folks from illinois crossing opposite directions. The red is a great color on the plaid, wow.
Btw @omarsultan i asked him about wh/mi and he has numbers. Maintaining a good rate of speed at which autopilot may refuse to go any higher, he reported 349 iirc. (Though plz correct me if I got it wrong @Venom )

edit: with the 19s that is.

Not trying to be argumentative, but only quoting one source that never even let the 21s stage all the way is not the best way to present an argument. Many people on here and YT have run 9.23 or 9.25 on the dragstrip and the street in the 21s, and one guy on here ran 5s in the 1/8 mile on the 21s also. So yes, 9.23 vs. 9.26 is quite negligible IMO. Cool to see that performance is nearly identical on the dragstrip w/ the 19s. :)
I agree with you. Negligible.
The extra weight of the 21s is offset by a larger contact patch and better quality rubber. Making them equal on the drag strip (where the 19s have enough grip). With maybe a small nudge to the 21s on the street where traction is more limited.

All in all, .03sec is nothing at all and whatever wheel size you choose, the overall air/track conditions have a bigger effect than your wheel choice. Even with ultralight 20s the results are virtually the same.

However, the extra 48miles of range and 4500$ price difference are definitely not negligible making the 19s the no brainer best decision one can make. Of course they look like something a 5 year old might design, so the only remaining question is, are they 48miles and 4500$ more ugly than the 21s? 🤣

I agree with you. Negligible.
The extra weight of the 21s is offset by a larger contact patch and better quality rubber. Making them equal on the drag strip (where the 19s have enough grip). With maybe a small nudge to the 21s on the street where traction is more limited.

All in all, .03sec is nothing at all and whatever wheel size you choose, the overall air/track conditions have a bigger effect than your wheel choice. Even with ultralight 20s the results are virtually the same.

However, the extra 48miles of range and 4500$ price difference are definitely not negligible making the 19s the no brainer best decision one can make. Of course they look like something a 5 year old might design, so the only remaining question is, are they 48miles and 4500$ more ugly than the 21s? 🤣
Exactly. The street performance on the 21s is the most impressive to me, as the damn thing is almost faster on the street than the dragstrip. 1.99 or 2.0 on the street is just amazing to me. I'm guessing more rolling resistance from the strip for the cause of that. The 20" ZeroG wheel would be my ideal wheel tbh. Especially with Cup 2s. 🤤🤤

Still trying to decide if I want to actually mount this badge on my car or keep it as a desk ornament... does it look stupid to keep both?
IMG_2213.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG just hit 9,000 reaction score!!!!!!!!! Thank you all again for your never ending support! It shows to me that you all appreciate the Instant Liking of Posts lol!!!! WOW.
*In the same tone as MC Hammer* Emoji time!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡🍾🍾🍾🍻🍻🍻🍻🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋
Before you, TMC was a wretched pit of misery and despair. Thanks for shining a little light into it :)

Exactly. The street performance on the 21s is the most impressive to me, as the damn thing is almost faster on the street than the dragstrip. 1.99 or 2.0 on the street is just amazing to me. I'm guessing more rolling resistance from the strip for the cause of that. The 20" ZeroG wheel would be my ideal wheel tbh. Especially with Cup 2s. 🤤🤤
The zeroG look the best! But my wallet hurts at the tought of SportCup2 on a 1000hp 5000lbs car. The tires will last weeks if lucky. But boy would these be the best two weeks! 🤣

As an owner, I hate that it makes everyone rushed and removes the joy from the delivery process. As a shareholder, I love that there seems to be insatiable demand for their products....

Being a shareholder makes being an owner a much more pleasant experience (in addition to actually making it financially possible for some).