Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone except a few sob have their car now. I predicted this would happen hundreds of pages ago. I’m just pissed to be one of the last one on this thread. I was supposed to get my car in August.
Also still waiting…my S has been hanging out in a warehouse in Richmond, VA for the past 2 wks! Tesla is waiting on a trucker to transport it to SC in Raleigh. Can’t pick it up as the facility is only a warehouse not a SC. Delivery was supposed to be today 😕

Got a Vin. MF444.

Since I'm too new to have a sig: Late June order, rn 1152. LR/Msm/black/19"/no fsd.

Hope my eoq quality is there. I have never spoken to or contacted anyone at tesla. I will see if they can ping it. Edd is sep 24-29. I've been very lucky so far. One of the few people who will get car on the original timeline (when I ordered it said sept-oct.) Sorry to all those who ordered way before me. 1st tesla and 1st EV.
Same build... ordered a month earlier... and I'm sitting at 27 Oct. Nice job Tesla...

Congrats on the VIN though! Hopefully that means I'm around the corner.

Same build... ordered a month earlier... and I'm sitting at 27 Oct. Nice job Tesla...

Congrats on the VIN though! Hopefully that means I'm around the corner
Yeah I think mostly a matter of luck and being "west coast". Edd for most of the wait was in November or blank. It was mid Oct for a little then switched to eoq last week. I didn't believe it, but now that I have a VIN I guess it's happening.

I was happy with mid October, figured I'd have a better chance of build quality. Probably wouldn't pass up the chance to get it sooner unless it's got several very obvious flaws I can see.

I will take some cosmetic stuff. Reading the "issues" thread has me terrified my good luck will run out and I will get a FUBAR battery pak or something.

Aaaaaaannnnnndddd my EDD shifted for the 6th time in Sept. now at Sept 26-30. A Q3 car seems quite unlikely now unless i get VIN by tomorrow. Plaid blue/white int/CF/19”/FSD 1142xxxx
Your signature says you're in the Bay Area, I've heard of EOQ stories from CA to the tune of people getting a call in the afternoon of the last day of the quarter, asking if they can take delivery at 11pm. I wouldn't guarantee it at all, but I wouldn't lose hope either.

I finally got my MSLR delivered today. They dropped it off without letting me know it was there.

The wait was definitely worth it!

Impressions
Acceleration - The initial take-off from a stand still was not as impressive as I thought it would be. After 40 mph the car takes off like a rocket though. They definitely slowed the car down 0-40 to not compete with the Plaid. With a quicker 0-40 I think this car could do 2.6 0-60.
Handling - I think the handling is pretty good for such a heavy car. I played around with all of the suspension settings. The car definitely has grip, but the steering is pretty numb and it isn't agile. It does not come close to the handling of a Taycan, sorry fellas.
Braking - Average brakes, I expected them to be better coming from driving BMW's and Porsches. Something Telsa can work on, but good enough for a daily driver.
Comfort - In the softer settings the car rides so smooth and has such a comfortable ride. I would say the ride comfort is much better than the Taycan. For a daily driver I prefer it to be more comfortable than better handling.
Interior - The new interior is dramatically better than the previous model S, the seats are very comfortable and the screen is gorgeous.
Exterior - I didn't find any paint defects or huge panel gaps.

Issues: The rear speakers, subwoofer, Bluetooth mic and voice control all of a sudden stopped working. I tried resetting the system and it still didn't work. Have a service appointment scheduled on Monday morning. The sound system sounded great when it was working though.

I also installed the 2020 oem CF rear spoiler. Planning on dropping the car off to have the wheels powder coated on Monday or Tuesday also.

View attachment 713303

View attachment 713317
Love your garage floor. Tell me about it, please.

Aaaaaaannnnnndddd my EDD shifted for the 6th time in Sept. now at Sept 26-30. A Q3 car seems quite unlikely now unless i get VIN by tomorrow. Plaid blue/white int/CF/19”/FSD 1142xxxx
Mine shifted to the same this AM. Plaid MSM/black/CD/21”/no FSD.

I’ve received 3 EOQ cars over the past several years and yea I have to agree - a Q3 car is likely not happening :(

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. My build is LR/Black/Black/19"/FSD ordered in early April. I'm east-ish coast, so I'm wondering if orders are getting filled west to east as we approach the end of the quarter.

Just curious if anyone that ordered the plaid plus on battery day, and converted to plaid, is still waiting for their car.

It's been a year now...

For those who have yet to receive your cars, you’re patience is likely to pay off.

Last Monday (9/20) I took delivery of My Plaid (built 9/9/21) - 363 days after I reserved my MS Plaid(+) on 9/22/20.
For those of you who may have missed my recent posts, here’s a recap…
My car appeared perfect to me.
Went straight to my PPF installer for a full wrap & Ceramic coating…

Sent this text to the installer 2 days later:
“Have you noticed any imperfections? Now that you had more time with the car.
Paint, panel gaps, interior...?”

His Response:
“Nothing crazy so far, or at least nothing we haven't been able to correct really easy.
Out of all the S plaids we've had down here, yours is definitely in the best shape.”

My point is that it seems likely that Tesla has now turned the corner on getting things right in the production ramp.
Or I’m just even luckier than I think.
I’ve seen a lot of complaints about issues here on TMC. Hopefully you’ll all get a better finished product going forward.
I only spent an hour or so with the car.:(
I can’t wait to get it back from Alset, the installer. All I can do is watch my Delivery Day video shot over again.
If you missed my delivery day video, here’s the link again:
Tesla Model S PLAID Delivery Day!