Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been away for a bit. I'm not going to try and play catch up with about 100 pages. I'll assume business a usual in this make shift support group.

As for me...

I hit a raccoon last week at 85 MP. It pretty much exploded under my front right tire. I had a LOT of blood to clean off. I felt the car jump up when I hit it. I hope I won't have any lingering suspension issues. The next morning I passed what appeared to be the back half of a raccoon where I happened. I'm guessing it felt nothing.

And then yesterday I went to a friend's business to show him my new car. I backed in behind another car. About 5 minutes later, that person backed up without looking and hit the rear bumper of my Tesla.

Then this morning I heard the bottom of the front end scrape as I left a driveway.

Suffice to say, I am having a very bad week.

Could and will are two very different things. I have a feeling if it's the same housing, then it would be more likely to be a DIY upgrade than offered by the SC as a service. Although, I think if (and when) they update the headlights, they will be a fancier laser-array type and require different software, which is a whole 'nother issue.
Agree with all of this. I'd be find with a DIY upgrade, but you are probably right. It's likely to be a design that requires more than retrofitting the new lights.

For those who pu recently and were missing trunk and other interior items (mats, etc..), might want to try booking a service appt for the items. I did 2 days ago and just got confirmation, for a mobile visit, next week. The "estimate" show the missing items with a 0 cost. I'm assuming this means they are starting to receive these items.
You will know within a few days of your appointment. If the parts aren't in stock, they will reschedule until they are.

Been away for a bit. I'm not going to try and play catch up with about 100 pages. I'll assume business a usual in this make shift support group.

As for me...

I hit a raccoon last week at 85 MP. It pretty much exploded under my front right tire. I had a LOT of blood to clean off. I felt the car jump up when I hit it. I hope I won't have any lingering suspension issues. The next morning I passed what appeared to be the back half of a raccoon where I happened. I'm guessing it felt nothing.

And then yesterday I went to a friend's business to show him my new car. I backed in behind another car. About 5 minutes later, that person backed up without looking and hit the rear bumper of my Tesla.

Then this morning I heard the bottom of the front end scrape as I left a driveway.

Sorry man. That sucks

I've done a few things myself. Lights (with a provided template-cut), doors. Neither was close to what my installer could do. Took them off because they were far from perfect. I've done blackouts/chrome deletes. Perfectly. Working vinyl is nothing like working PPF.

For my upcoming Plaid and wife's new MY Performance, I've visited shops to see their work and talk to the actual installers. Best be comfortable with their skill set and knowledge than dancing over a few hundred bucks saved. My opinion only......
Care to mention one or two of the PPF shops you're keen on? Somehow, (from a prior post of yours, maybe) I seem to think you are in Nor Cal, so the shops could be in my vicinity. TIA

I see from the ONR bottle you gave her a good cleaning.

Any issues apart from the wifi?

I assume you tried a reboot.
Haha I cleaned the front after I removed the hideous license plate frame (not easy, but not terribly hard). This morning I see that it won’t connect to the app even though it’s in the garage. VERY frustrated about the WiFi. My 2013 S still connects to the WiFi 15 feet further away! I tried to reboot multiple times. Nothing. I used my phone as a hotspot so I could download the software update hoping that would fix the issue. And it got to almost completely downloaded and stopped receiving data. So I’ll try again soon. Maybe my phone was too low last night to continue with data. Sigh. Otherwise I LOVE it so far

Care to mention one or two of the PPF shops you're keen on? Somehow, (from a prior post of yours, maybe) I seem to think you are in Nor Cal, so the shops could be in my vicinity. TIA
I’ve used the same guy since 2002. But he is quite a ways away (mobile-installs in my garage) and he has now passed torch on to son. I was thinking it might be time to move on myself. I’m in SoCal and have narrowed down to two shops. SunTek does have authorized installers listed on their site. Just punch in your location.

As for me...

Sorry for your bad week. You would have done better if you had left the S parked and kept up with the last 100 pages of eloquent writing from a wide variety of perspectives. Marriages have been saved, jobs lost, championships won, and psyches preserved. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the naked toes!

Sorry for your bad week. You would have done better if you had left the S parked and kept up with the last 100 pages of eloquent writing from a wide variety of perspectives. Marriages have been saved, jobs lost, championships won, and psyches preserved. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the naked toes!
Dude you make it sound like some effed up reality show!!🤣🤣🤣

Near completion. Full Wrap PPF & Ceramic Coating Applied. They said it will look better tomorrow. (after it’s cured wiped down …)
Decided to picki it up on Thursday to give it extra cure time as the weather has been stormy. Thursday looks dry…
Getting video clips of install. As I mentioned, I will post link here.
View attachment 715089View attachment 715092View attachment 715090View attachment 715091
All done. Ready for pickup. (Tomorrow morning)
Received a few photos but I’m expecting more which I will post once I get them.
20EBA835-54E9-4F74-B782-B41193C33915.jpeg
8CF93102-F829-41EB-A42D-AD48639FCB2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Holy hell. I would not be a happy man...

As for me...

Suffice to say, I am having a very bad

Off to pick up my EOQ Model S LR (after getting VIN and text delivery invite at the same time and 4 hours later a second delivery text saying schedule a delivery time asap or the car will be assigned to the next customer).

A big thank you to everyone here for all the advice and psychological counseling. FYI re: delays, my wife made me go to the Porsche and MB dealers last night to make sure I took a good look at the Taycan and could ask about the EQS so I wouldn't have buyer's remorse.

At Porsche, the only one they had was sold for 20k over MSRP according to the salesman. The 2 used ones they had were selling at a huge premium too (admittedly very low miles but noticeably more than new ones). The salesman said they weren't taking orders on Taycans anymore until they knew their allocation and said it would be at least until the middle of next year and that they would be charging a premium. My wife reminded me that they had ones to test drive months ago when I ordered the Tesla.

The MB dealer had cars but they were all marked up well over MSRP and the salesman said they wouldn't have EQS lists or more info than is available online until closer to the end of the year. He said he expected that in the current climate, that there would be similar if not greater markups over MSRP for those.

No buyers remorse (not that I was expecting any but availability and cost were not good). Hopefully, QC on my EOQ S won't be so bad that I regret it.

Thanks again.
What do you mean your wife “made you”?

im the master in my house and I have my wife’s permission to say so!