Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife says the cream interior is an old man's color. Don't know why she would say that to me, plus I think it looks fine.

Nothing against white, I know they hold up well, just the tan looks more familiar. Like an 70's MB.
I would honestly have lot of trouble deciding between white w/ CF or cream w/ CF. The white has a really exotic and happy feel to it, so I'd probably do that, but the cream is super classy, and probably more practical for daily use.

Just picked mine up hours before the end of quarter. I was a day 1 order with typical EDD moving shenanigans. MSM plaid with white/carbon on 21” wheels. Same as others - missing floor mats and cargo covers, car filthy, doors kinda need to be shut hard, but otherwise it looked fine in the dark.

Coming from a P100DL I’ll say 0-30mph feels about the same. 30-60 is a bit peppier. 60+ is almost so fast I’m wondering how long it’ll be legal to sell cars like this. Holy crap! Feels like performance falls off ever so slightly once in the 70% charge range.

Wish the turn signals were like Ferrari does it with left thumb being left and right being right. Seems like it makes more sense that way.
Agree with you there. The performance does take a hit below 60-70% charge. For me I noticed it when I was driving at 64% charge and pushed the pedal. The car felt almost like my P100D at 90% charge. I was expecting a tad bit more out of it at around 60% charge considering Tesla has been boasting about that power curve on this thing.

Edit: But I still Adore this car. It's a phenomenal piece of tech and better than any car I have ever owned. Not to mention, how big of an improvement the interior is over the pre-refresh model S.

Last edited:
Agree with you there. The performance does take a hit below 60-70% charge. For me I noticed it when I was driving at 64% charge and pushed the pedal. The car felt almost like my P100D at 90% charge. I was expecting a tad bit more out of it at around 60% charge considering Tesla has been boasting about that power curve on this thing.
The Plaid runs a 9.9 1/4 mile at 20% charge, so it is for sure faster than the P100DL, just that it keeps on making power (even if reduced) all the way through the 1/4 mile.

I guess Tesla should do what others have done. Cap their reservations to like 2,000. Then so many people couldn’t put in a reservation only to be upset that it is taking so long. And then after that initial 2k, just build cars and then list them for sale for anyone to purchase. People could then pick one up without the reservation wait. The downside of this is if you are not quick to find one, it’s gone and the chance of you getting the car you want is even less.
If my delivery holds to my current EDD, I’ll have waited 5 months. 4 months shorter than i waited for my kids. And when this car aggravates me, I can sell it. I tried that with my kids and I couldn’t pay people to take them. It’s worth the wait.

for comparison my previous Performance S felt like a Civic at 20% charge.
Exactly! THIS, along with that monstrous power curve with hyper-low levels of losses, is what makes this car so much faster and better than the P100D. It's a revolutionary step in powertrain and battery development, not an evolutionary one.

I would honestly have lot of trouble deciding between white w/ CF or cream w/ CF. The white has a really exotic and happy feel to it, so I'd probably do that, but the cream is super classy, and probably more practical for daily use.

Looking at the configurator, the cream is not the tan I have in the 2015 MS.

It does look a bit like a refrigerator from the 80's....hmmm

The cream is a lot lighter, and I don't think the contrast is noticable when in the car.

Big fan of white exterior, , don't like thinking about paint maintenance all the time. But never had a non white car....and plaid in red, hard to get that out of my mind..

Hoping a few LR or Plaid rejects get on display in a socal store.

Has anyone here had a SA they didn't end up hating, that I could email?

The cream is a lot lighter, and I don't think the contrast is noticable when in the car.

Big fan of white exterior, , don't like thinking about paint maintenance all the time. But never had a non white car....and plaid in red, hard to get that out of my mind..

Yeah like white on white/red on white are awesome specs. :)

I love my red. I think I would have regreted any other color.
C18DBDCF-C904-4E79-B0D8-EFE50D9305A6.jpeg
58C967F2-EDD2-467B-B41D-AC10F6384C4F.jpeg

The Plaid runs a 9.9 1/4 mile at 20% charge, so it is for sure faster than the P100DL, just that it keeps on making power (even if reduced) all the way through the 1/4 mile.
Could be me getting used to the power because I did push it multiple times throughout the 30 minute ride. With that being said I adore this car. It's a phenomenal piece of tech and better than any car I have ever owned. Not to mention, how big of an improvement the interior is over the pre-refresh model S. Yoke has been amazing for me. May be me driving with a regular steering wheel for just a decade helped me get used to it faster. I had also seen several Youtube videos and learned from experiences of people on this forum. I find it very easy to use even during turns. Using the palm of my left hand to move it up while simultaneously using the right hand index finger to move the right corner down makes it very easy to use. Was it a necessary addition, nope! But does it improve the esthetic of the car? I would say so. I did have a bit of a problem with my pre-refresh model S front screen to be slightly covered by the steering wheel due to it being the size of a freaking pizza box and yoke takes care of that too. I'd tell anybody who is skeptical to give it a try first before talking sh*t about it.

Could be me getting used to the power because I did push it multiple times throughout the 30 minute ride. With that being said I adore this car. It's a phenomenal piece of tech and better than any car I have ever owned. Not to mention, how big of an improvement the interior is over the pre-refresh model S. Yoke has been amazing for me. May be me driving with a regular steering wheel for just a decade helped me get used to it faster. I had also seen several Youtube videos and learned from experiences of people on this forum. I find it very easy to use even during turns. Using the palm of my left hand to move it up while simultaneously using the right hand index finger to move the right corner down makes it very easy to use. Was it a necessary addition, nope! But does it improve the esthetic of the car? I would say so. I did have a bit of a problem with my pre-refresh model S front screen to be slightly covered by the steering wheel due to it being the size of a freaking pizza box and yoke takes care of that too. I'd tell anybody who is skeptical to give it a try first before talking sh*t about it.
Hell yeah man! Glad to hear you love it! And yes I would imagine even at 15%, it would still blow away your P100D, so that's an awesome thing! 🔋 🔋 🔋

Last edited:
I mashed the pedal on an onramp and it was fast, but I was like "hmmm I guess I'm just getting used to it, didn't feel scary fast". Later that day I went to change a setting in the menu and realized I'd never changed it back to Plaid mode from Sport mode when my mom had driven it a few days earlier, haha.
OH THAT THING IS GOING TO GO CRAZY!!!! Sport vs. Plaid is a huge difference! About a 2 second delta between the modes! :D