Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neither of us have a car right now. I'm waiting for mine to be redelivered. 😜😂
Sorry, not playing my tiny violin for you, buddy since you still received your car > a month ago regardless of not having it for the past week or whatever, AND you ordered June 10, 2021. I ordered 2/5/21 and I'm still awaiting initial delivery of my car, dude! As I've mentioned before, I take delivery and get the flock outta here...no reason to be here after taking delivery unless you're someone like Omar and a few others who are super involved with their local Tesla groups and act as ombudsmen to the Tesla community. I can understand why people hang around other threads on TMC though, but not really this one much longer after taking delivery.

My plan is to post up some nice pics after my Plaid gets detailed and then come back to TMC on other threads if I have questions and/or can give some advise to others. This is the Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery thread after all. But, it's okay Bobby...guessing you'll have some sort of retort like you do to every post.

Last edited:
I am always leaving my wife’s BMW X3 running and turning on the wipers when trying to shift out of Park!

Having ordered a Plaid to replace my 2014 MS 85, I have been trying to read up on the delivery schedule experiences of those with current orders. The tale of my changing EDD’s are outlined in the signature below. No real surprise, as I had a similar experience in 2014, but not so extreme.

I see references to different delays for different builds. I am wondering if anyone really has a handle on what build features are most likely having supply chain problems or other delay factors? If so, I wonder how my build fits into that?

Any thoughts?

I am always leaving my wife’s BMW X3 running and turning on the wipers when trying to shift out of Park!

Having ordered a Plaid to replace my 2014 MS 85, I have been trying to read up on the delivery schedule experiences of those with current orders. The tale of my changing EDD’s are outlined in the signature below. No real surprise, as I had a similar experience in 2014, but not so extreme.

I see references to different delays for different builds. I am wondering if anyone really has a handle on what build features are most likely having supply chain problems or other delay factors? If so, I wonder how my build fits into that?

Any thoughts?

Wow, that info in your sig gave me whiplash...

Titanium Dioxide seems to be in short supply, as in white seats and paint, but you did not order that.

I think it is safe to say no one in the queue can really predict what will happen. Today's white shortage may be tomorrow's surplus.

I suspect no amount of 🍌 to the Neuralink 🐒 will enable an answer.

Me, I am about to make a decision to get "Back in the ring, for another swing". I will order what I want and wait like everyone else and be happy I have not waited a year already, like some.

Planning on a new order soon. Gotta have some skin in this game before I post anymore on this thread.

I'll be over here:

My red, white, cf.,19", FSD delivered to my driveway on September 30 at 8 pm received new chrome-plated Signature SV 104 wheels. In my view, the chromed wheels add spice to the blacked-out formerly chromed trim, etc. I was having real problems trying to connect to the internet and blue-tooth figuring it was my fault. After I got my new wheels mounted today I stopped by the new Tesla service center in Camarillo, CA. They informed me that I had lost internet two days ago and three Plaids had the same problem. They even gave me a Model 3 as a loaner. A few hours later I picked up my Plaid in working order. They even were able to supply my 3 missing trunk pieces, floor mats, and rear license plate frame.

I have read all the negative and positive comments on this forum. The S in the airbag and minor creases in the back seats to me are minor and not worth complaining about. I did not find anything else wrong. I like the yoke especially on the freeway as it is easy to hold to prevent nags using Autopilot. Thursday I plan to take it to the 1/8 mile dragstrip.

Attachments

• wheels 1.jpg
    wheels 1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 81
  • wheels 2.jpg
    wheels 2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 65
  • wheels 3.jpg
    wheels 3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 63
Man, they are just screwing with me now lol. First delivery moved out a week to Oct 6-11. Second delivery moved from Oct 3 to “February” lol
False alarm. Back to Oct 10-23rd. Boy they were WAY off with that whole February thing lol maybe they are using the FSD AI to forecast the dates? (Seriously though. I do have high hopes for Tesla FSD which is one of the reasons I’m buying a Tesla) lol

My red, white, cf.,19", FSD delivered to my driveway on September 30 at 8 pm received new chrome-plated Signature SV 104 wheels. In my view, the chromed wheels add spice to the blacked-out formerly chromed trim, etc. I was having real problems trying to connect to the internet and blue-tooth figuring it was my fault. After I got my new wheels mounted today I stopped by the new Tesla service center in Camarillo, CA. They informed me that I had lost internet two days ago and three Plaids had the same problem. They even gave me a Model 3 as a loaner. A few hours later I picked up my Plaid in working order. They even were able to supply my 3 missing trunk pieces, floor mats, and rear license plate frame.

I have read all the negative and positive comments on this forum. The S in the airbag and minor creases in the back seats to me are minor and not worth complaining about. I did not find anything else wrong. I like the yoke especially on the freeway as it is easy to hold to prevent nags using Autopilot. Thursday I plan to take it to the 1/8 mile dragstrip.

I found the staff at Camarillo most helpful. Despite short notice, have given my friends with the broken MY a MS loaner.

I plan to go back soon to get my MCU1 eMMC chip done, if the Mother ship will let them.

Last edited:
Sorry, not playing my tiny violin for you, buddy since you still received your car > a month ago regardless of not having it for the past week or whatever, AND you ordered June 10, 2021. I ordered 2/5/21 and I'm still awaiting initial delivery of my car, dude! As I've mentioned before, I take delivery and get the flock outta here...no reason to be here after taking delivery unless you're someone like Omar and a few others who are super involved with their local Tesla groups and act as ombudsmen to the Tesla community. I can understand why people hang around other threads on TMC though, but not really this one much longer after taking delivery.

My plan is to post up some nice pics after my Plaid gets detailed and then come back to TMC on other threads if I have questions and/or can give some advise to others. This is the Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery thread after all. But, it's okay Bobby...guessing you'll have some sort of retort like you do to every post.
Don't be so sensitive - it's not becoming of you. No one cares that I'm here and no one will care if you leave after you take delivery. Yet this is the second or third time I've seen you mention it. 🤔

I would not have known about the issue with my battery had I not been here, so I happen to appreciate the many folks who give of their time to share valuable information on this forum. Good for you if you don't want to participate after you take delivery! Just quit talking about it and worrying about what other people do with their time.

Wow, that info in your sig gave me whiplash...

Titanium Dioxide seems to be in short supply, as in white seats and paint, but you did not order that.

I think it is safe to say no one in the queue can really predict what will happen. Today's white shortage may be tomorrow's surplus.

I suspect no amount of 🍌 to the Neuralink 🐒 will enable an answer.

Me, I am about to make a decision to get "Back in the ring, for another swing". I will order what I want and wait like everyone else and be happy I have not waited a year already, like some.
Well, this morning is another “lash“ of the whip! I signed in and now have a fifth EDD: Oct. 20-31! Like I said, no surprise. Nor would it be a surprise to see March again. I’m not complaining about that change from March, but I’m not counting on it. Until there is a VIN….:rolleyes:

Don't be so sensitive - it's not becoming of you. No one cares that I'm here and no one will care if you leave after you take delivery. Yet this is the second or third time I've seen you mention it. 🤔

I would not have known about the issue with my battery had I not been here, so I happen to appreciate the many folks who give of their time to share valuable information on this forum. Good for you if you don't want to participate after you take delivery! Just quit talking about it and worrying about what other people do with their time.
Your retort noted (again).

I hope so! I also hope they decide to replace the tail and headlights. :cool:

My Tesla Acct w/ my new VIN changed this morning to Est Delivery: Oct 20-28, 2021. If that holds, then it's likely my vehicle (and yes, white on white/cf, 21" wheels, FSD) should be getting on a transport truck to leave the Fremont factory soon. And no, it's not a model year 2022; it's still a 2021 model year vehicle likely produced in Sept.

I'm just guessing that they may have produced a big bunch of vehicles (with unassigned VINs) in Sept that ended up missing parts (unsure of which parts...nobody seems to really know) and were unable to make it out for EOQ deliveries. So, now, they're about to push them out and assigning VINs. I think many more TMC members may start to get VIN assignments for delivery in late Oct - Nov...but with the caveat that they may still be 2021 model year cars. Oh well.
hell yeah! Excited for you.

Disclaimer
No FSD so no skin in the game
BUT
Does anyone else find it entertaining that you get to pay $8K-$10K for something then have to audition to use it? (talking safe driving score here)
I love driving. I'm glad I didn't get FSD because I haven't even used autopilot yet. I don't think I ever will.