Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! That's so good to see that things are moving with the white interior.
Quick question: Did you receive a text/email that you have a VIN or did you find out by checking your account? I still click refresh a couple of times a day..
I get the whole checking a couple of times a day...it's very stressful. I haven't had a car since 8 Dec due to freak accident where my 2018 Audi Sportsback was totaled while sitting in my garage by some distracted cleaning lady. I work from home (now) and my wife has a car, but not having my car has been emasculating...it did help me put a ton of money into crypto though :) Go DeHub! :)

I get the whole checking a couple of times a day...it's very stressful. I haven't had a car since 8 Dec due to freak accident where my 2018 Audi Sportsback was totaled while sitting in my garage by some distracted cleaning lady. I work from home (now) and my wife has a car, but not having my car has been emasculating...it did help me put a ton of money into crypto though :) Go DeHub! :)
Com'on don't tease like that! Distracted cleaning lady totaling a car sitting in a garage is the most interesting story here than anything I have read today to feed my addiction to this thread. DETAILS

Last edited:
Com'on don't tease like that! Distracted cleaning lady totaling a car sitting in a garage is the more interesting story here than anything I have read today to feed my addiction to this thread. DETAILS
Yeah! garage doors closed and everything. She pushed the car 4 feet into a wall, causing $20K in damages. She was an illegal from Honduras without a license. Got taken to Jail and deported. Her borrowed car had insurance but insurance declined coverage so subrogation underway and not looking pretty. Want photos? LOL So, because everything happens for a reason: installed NEMA charger in the new wall and ordered a tesla since I hated the navigation system in the Audi...

Com'on don't tease like that! Distracted cleaning lady totaling a car sitting in a garage is the most interesting story here than anything I have read today to feed my addiction to this thread. DETAILS

Attachments

• 20201208_153102.jpg
    20201208_153102.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20201208_153044.jpg
    20201208_153044.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201208_153145.jpg
    20201208_153145.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 64
How long between seeing the VIN in the source code and actually getting the email and seeing the VIN in the account page?

I called my insurance yesterday with the VIN in the source code and they couldn't do anything as it seems the VIN is not registered with Transport Canada database. So I guess when we actually see the VIN in our account is when the VIN is actually officially registered.

How long between seeing the VIN in the source code and actually getting the email and seeing the VIN in the account page?

I called my insurance yesterday with the VIN in the source code and they couldn't do anything as it seems the VIN is not registered with Transport Canada database. So I guess when we actually see the VIN in our account is when the VIN is actually officially registered.
Doubtful. Even after I got my VIN, it was a week or so before my insurance company could pull up the VIN to verify it existed.

how do you find a VIN in the source code?

Does vin in source code have an MF? If not your probably looking at the placeholder vin in the code which is for a very old X or something.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I get the whole checking a couple of times a day...it's very stressful. I haven't had a car since 8 Dec due to freak accident where my 2018 Audi Sportsback was totaled while sitting in my garage by some distracted cleaning lady.
Pics or it didn't happen. Damn.........I see I was a little late on this one. Good pics..........nasty result.

how do you find a VIN in the source code?
Right click on your account page, click "View Source," press Ctrl+F (or Cmd+F) and search for 5YJ. Alternatively, if you have developer tools enabled in your browser you can open your console (Ctrl+Shift+J for Chrome on Windows or Cmd+Option+J for Chrome on Mac, look up "how to open the console" in your browser of choice) and type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin. If you see null, then you don't have a VIN assigned yet. Otherwise, you should see your VIN.

Pics or it didn't happen. Damn.........I see I was a little late on this one. Good pics..........nasty result.
I get it, when I explain to uber drivers why I live where I live and don't have a car, they don't believe me either...lol...they think I'm a bum until they see where I live, LOL...