Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would pray that is one of their first differentiating factors lmao! 🤣
He was an Engineer designing the Model S, is the CEO of an electric vehicle start up, plants his stores next to Tesla, then goes on record saying Tesla is not their main competitor. Why are the stores not next to MB stores?

Even if I liked a Lucid, this behavior alone has removed them as an option for me.

He was an Engineer designing the Model S, is the CEO of an electric vehicle start up, plants his stores next to Tesla, then goes on record saying Tesla is not their main competitor. Why are the stores not next to MB stores?

Even if I liked a Lucid, this behavior alone has removed them as an option for me.
He made this very clear that Lucid competes with luxury brands. If you look at their investor deck, they even put Tesla as "innovative, but not luxury." I am an avid fan of Tesla, but barring the new MS/X which hadn't arrived at the time of that deck, I would have to agree. They are going after BMW, MB, and Audi. Now I believe that Lucid and Tesla compete on only one thing: headlines/bragging rights. That's why when that Tri Motor Air arrives, or the same model of the Lucid Gravity, it is a very safe bet that Tesla will SW boost the Plaid to new levels.

Regarding Rawlinson, I actually really like the guy! The UK accent is always cool, and he is very articulate and has a clear vision for Lucid's products. Remember, this company will make Tesla better, which I am sure all on this thread would appreciate. Even though they aren't in the same segment, people will cross shop them regardless. Plus this kind of rivalry is normal. It's not like Ford and GM dealerships are exclusively placed far away from each other, or the same with BMW and MB. Both Tesla and Lucid are tech companies, so I think it kinda makes sense to position themselves in that regard close to Tesla.

He made this very clear that Lucid competes with luxury brands. If you look at their investor deck, they even put Tesla as "innovative, but not luxury." I am an avid fan of Tesla, but barring the new MS/X which hadn't arrived at the time of that deck, I would have to agree. They are going after BMW, MB, and Audi. Now I believe that Lucid and Tesla compete on only one thing: headlines/bragging rights. That's why when that Tri Motor Air arrives, or the same model of the Lucid Gravity, it is a very safe bet that Tesla will SW boost the Plaid to new levels.

Regarding Rawlinson, I actually really like the guy! The UK accent is always cool, and he is very articulate and has a clear vision for Lucid's products. Remember, this company will make Tesla better, which I am sure all on this thread would appreciate. Even though they aren't in the same segment, people will cross shop them regardless. Plus this kind of rivalry is normal. It's not like Ford and GM dealerships are exclusively placed far away from each other, or the same with BMW and MB. Both Tesla and Lucid are tech companies, so I think it kinda makes sense to position themselves in that regard close to Tesla.
If they are going after luxury brands, they should be planting their stores next to said luxury brands. They are targeting the Tesla customer base, because those customers have already adopted EV's.

And then there is their VP of development, Derek Jenkins, who spent nine years as the chief designer for Volkswagen North America. VW is not exactly the gold standard for business ethics.

Let's allow Lucid to deliver a few cars before we start talking about who they are as a company. Right now, they are a company who aspires to many things...and trust me...their leadership (and investors) hope and pray every night about becoming a viable competitor to Tesla.

I'm new here (a bit of a lurker, actually) but thought I'd post since it seems unusual. I have a RN1150 with an early June order date and, after being blank for a verrrry long time, my account now shows an EDD of March 14 - April 11.

From the other RN1150s I've read on here, mine seems quite a bit behind. Not sure why that is. I ordered the base white/black/19s.
Not sure either. Ordered same time. Only difference I’m black ext. My window starts Tuesday but without a VIN not sure it means much.

Maybe us aging original + order holders will get rewarded with the NF vin, active spoiler, cross drilled rotors, red calipers, new headlights, tail lights, and a few other goodies from my original Plaid wish list.

I think I may be back to being fine to wait a bit longer. Long as wife’s MYP arrives and stays true to its EDD, I can get rid of this crappy ICE rental car.
The absurdity…..

1634385790775.png

Plaid/MSM/White/CF/21/FSD | Originsl Pricing

Not to be argumentative, but I am interested in the Lucid Air and the EQS. I ordered the Model S because there were no other electric large sedans.

However, I’m doubtful that the Lucid or Mercedes will offer 💨 fart sounds when I honk the horn. Okay, I’m back firmly in the Tesla camp. You were right @impastu .
I invested fairly heavily in Lucid. I hope they achieve their goals. But to suggest Tesla isn't a competitor is nothing more than ego and past history rearing its ugly head.

Though Feb-Mar is far off, at least it will be a 22 year model.

Anyone heard rumors of 2022 year changes to the MS?
Join this thread to discuss 2022. In short nothing is known other than 2021s still coming off the line.