Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a E39 M Sport 540 6 Speed in mint condition, and a mint low mile 2006 E55 AMG (supercharged 5.5 liter V8…

I had/have both of those cars, too. E39 was years ago but the e55 is going up for auction today now that my plaid has arrived. 100% feel the vibe you’re describing.

When it comes to spending money on a new daily driver, or any daily driver, it’s feels like a big waste to spend it on an ice car.

For second cars and toy cars, ice cars are still great. I have some fun ice cars that I will be keeping and enjoying but they are really toys. I actually think car enthusiasts need to start thinking about getting their “forever” dream ice cars now. They will no longer be made, soon, and values will go up. On the other side of the coin, regular non-toy ice car values will crater.

Looking for some guidance if possible. I ordered a Plaid+ in May, which got converted over to a Plaid whenever they cancelled the Plaid+. I haven't completed any delivery information since I'm not looking to take delivery until Spring '22 (which is partially why I ordered the Plaid+, since I wasn't concerned about a 2022 delivery date).

Today, I got this text. I texted back saying I wanted to wait until Spring of next year, but haven't received a response yet. Does anyone have a SA contact that they would recommend that I can reach out to about this, or been in this situation and know how long I can delay delivery? I appreciate any input.

image.png
@Cherry Wine
If you are in NorCA, Rocklin SC is great! Or the new one in Sacramento. You can call my guy who recently moved from Rocklin over to Sacto. Gene Shauff @ 916-660-2129 He's been w/ TSLA for 8 yrs, v helpful, knowledgeable and responsive!

Just scheduled delivery for 4 November!!! Exciting!!!!! Goes into Stealth Matte PPF the next day!!! last time I was this excited my wife was having a baby! Same thing! except it took longer! LOL
Team, last post here since I now have it. Posting some pics here after stealth ppf and a carbon fiber spoiler from eBay: Seller is oem.thing from Taiwan, the box arrived in 3 days via DHL! It looks fantastic and the fit is perfect. title on eBay is "2022 Fit for Tesla Model S 4D Sedan DTO Style Trunk Spoiler. Matte finish" ($171).

Full PPF was $4900 out the door + $450 for best window tinting money could buy and $500 for matte trim. This is at Coaterz in Tampa Florida.

Attachments

• tesla1.jpg
    tesla1.jpg
    845.8 KB · Views: 88
  • tesla2.jpg
    tesla2.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 65
  • tesla3.jpg
    tesla3.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 65
  • tesla4.jpg
    tesla4.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Team, last post here since I now have it. Posting some pics here after stealth ppf and a carbon fiber spoiler from eBay: Seller is oem.thing from Taiwan, the box arrived in 3 days via DHL! It looks fantastic and the fit is perfect. title on eBay is "2022 Fit for Tesla Model S 4D Sedan DTO Style Trunk Spoiler. Matte finish" ($171).

Full PPF was $4900 out the door + $450 for best window tinting money could buy and $500 for matte trim. This is at Coaterz in Tampa Florida.
Also, the ppf gives this MSM a slight blue to purplish hue, that seems to change colors depending on how light hits it. The pictures don't do it justrice...my wife was following me and was screaming on the phone with excitement because it looked amazing! LOL You guys will get it too, patience my friends!

Looks amazing, can you share a URL for the spoiler? Thanks!

Looks fantastic. Enjoy!

Also, the ppf gives this MSM a slight blue to purplish hue, that seems to change colors depending on how light hits it. The pictures don't do it justrice...my wife was following me and was screaming on the phone with excitement because it looked amazing! LOL You guys will get it too, patience my friends!
Some call it "porpoise blue," but I love my MSM bastard Plaid none the less!
@WilliamG