Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Multiple paint issues and a scratched headlight that they just let stand before delivery to me. I spent a day marking them all up and left the car with them for correction. This is after they QC'd the car and told me delivery had to be delayed a week due to a wheel having damage. Not impressed so far. We will see how they do with the corrections.
Wow that’s a lot of paint damage. You’d think they park some of these at a Walmart before delivery the way some come out. I’d advise getting Tesla to take it to a certified body shop, who will probably find even more stuff that needs fixing.

I’ve got my delivery set for this Friday, and have set up all my final payment info via plaid, but have not hit submit yet. I’ve emailed my SC to confirm they’re ok with it, but have any of you waited to submit the ACH plaid payment at delivery and not prior like Tesla is asking?
You can do Plaid payment on delivery day.

Wow that’s a lot of paint damage. You’d think they park some of these at a Walmart before delivery the way some come out. I’d advise getting Tesla to take it to a certified body shop, who will probably find even more stuff that needs fixing.
I'm about to place an order for plaid for close to $150K. Seems the quality contorl issues have gone up. You can get fully loaded EQS for that price. Bit hard to digest for $150K car, we have to go through these issues. Any thoughts Gentlemen? I have MSLR on order for June delivery, I had Model S 60-D for three years when it came out. The build quality of that car is not bad other than rubbers seals around the doors, windshield and top.

I didn't pay for my MYP until i inspected it and decided to accept it and I strongly encourage you to do the same. Plaid takes about 90 seconds to register and for the car to switch over to your account once you hit pay from my 1 data point.
You can do Plaid payment on delivery day.
Thanks! no part of me wants to pay for a car I’ve never seen.

I'm about to place an order for plaid for close to $150K. Seems the quality contorl issues have gone up. You can get fully loaded EQS for that price. Bit hard to digest for $150K car, we have to go through these issues. Any thoughts Gentlemen? I have MSLR on order for June delivery, I had Model S 60-D for three years when it came out. The build quality of that car is not bad other than rubbers seals around the doors, windshield and top.
I have owned 2 Model S since 2015. I have never been concerned about their 'build quality' and I think there are lots of people who feel the same. I have been annoyed by Tesla customer service quite a bit over the years. One does have to remember that there's probably a grouping factor that brings us here and that members on TMC are a minority of Tesla owners. Tesla sells hundreds of thousands of cars each year and only a few thousand are members here.

I thought the same thing on the paint but I have two scratches that are through the clear coat and down to the primer and one that is through the primer to the metal. The entire panel(s) (trunk and front) will need a respray. I'm getting the car PPF'd in Alpharetta at AP3. Looked really convenient based on the pickup location and drop off to AP3. Live and learn.....
I got mine done at AP3 as well... Jon there has matching paint you need to fill in the scratches and then put the ppf on top. depending on how bad yours are, they may not even be visible after filling in and ppf'ing on top.

Mine is good, you can always reject it if it's not up to your standards. If you don't care about speed or the charging network for the eqs being garbage; the eqs has a cool interior. I thought about getting the eqs, but the plaid is just so much fun.

Mine is good, you can always reject it if it's not up to your standards. If you don't care about speed or the charging network for the eqs being garbage; the eqs has a cool interior. I thought about getting the eqs, but the plaid is just so much fun.
I think that even TMC members here who've had more than their fair share of issues almost all still love the car and the issues get / are getting resolved. My attitude going to delivery day was that I would have a very low tolerance for issues at delivery given the $ and long wait. The straw for me was being one of the last to take delivery of an MF vin and seeing NF vins get assigned as I awaited delivery. Fortunately Tesla made it easy for me...my plaid had been retrofitted with an LR trunk lid (plaid emblem and spoiler hadn't been applied), with tail lights that look like some 3rd grader used Crazy Glue to put them on, and as a bonus also had a dent. No way I was taking delivery of that bastard and having to sit through weeks of BS body shop back and forth. I'm away for the holidays for three weeks, so I just told them to put me on hold until after the NY. I think zero probability I get an MF vin after Jan 1. I don't think even Tesla can deliver an MF vin after Jan 1 without discounting. In short, have no hesitation about rejecting a car that isn't deserving of your $...help make Tesla learn how to deliver flawless cars.

Do they ever deliver the Plaids with all season tires?
When I went through my ordeal in August, getting my summers swapped to AS, the Tesla service rep indicated that all Plaids came with the Pirelli summers. I have no first hand information though. Hoping all Plaid owners will weigh in.

When I went through my ordeal in August, getting my summers swapped to AS, the Tesla service rep indicated that all Plaids came with the Pirelli summers. I have no first hand information though. Hoping all Plaid owners will weigh in.
That would seem true, per the manual at least. For a Plaid, Tesla only lists summer tires as an in their documentation. LR have both summer and all season details.