Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im more bothered by the fact that its 2021 and the photographer appears to have used a 1 mp motorola flip phone for the pics.
Funny story... This was actually a Snapchat that came in from a friend. He had no idea it was anything new so didn't see a need to get actual pictures. I noticed and screenshotted what you see in this article (and my original TMC post). Thus the questionable quality... 😅

Gotta luv Tesla - now that I got a VIN, they're pushing the scheduling - with a start date of 2 days before the EDD. so....i took the last appointment date they'd allow - which is 1 day before my EDD window - and i plan to be out of the country anyway. as i see it, they'll hold the car 3 days, so even if it was at the SC that date (which I doubt) i should still have 3 days to get it (which will extend because of the holiday and sunday)
still, nothing's easy.
I've spent all day trying to get into my new DCU account. No luck. no humans. I think they share the Tesla SA's

Gotta luv Tesla - now that I got a VIN, they're pushing the scheduling - with a start date of 2 days before the EDD. so....i took the last appointment date they'd allow - which is 1 day before my EDD window - and i plan to be out of the country anyway. as i see it, they'll hold the car 3 days, so even if it was at the SC that date (which I doubt) i should still have 3 days to get it (which will extend because of the holiday and sunday)
still, nothing's easy.
I've spent all day trying to get into my new DCU account. No luck. no humans. I think they share the Tesla SA's
Strange. I’ve had no issues reaching humans @DCU. I opened an account a few weeks ago based on TMC folks testaments to low auto loan rates. They also have a sweet .25% additional for EV purchases.

Could just be holiday coverage and activity levels.

Strange. I’ve had no issues reaching humans @DCU. I opened an account a few weeks ago based on TMC folks testaments to low auto loan rates. They also have a sweet .25% additional for EV purchases.

Could just be holiday coverage and activity levels.
could be. i'm dying. been a whole day thing. my $5 account was approved, i got my pin at home, and then....that was it. i was able to rip out a member number day, and then that and my 4 digit ss number - kaput. my cell - not recognized...can't get a human, been promised they'd call back (electronically promised) without losing my place on line. um, yah. I wanted to secure this before all hell breaks loose with the mothership...
also, i dropped FSD today, so, my original agreement had $10k more, which would have been a nice bonus at 1.49%, oh well!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If you guys used any online service to sell your car (not necessarily Telsa - Porsche here) directly, which online company you ended up using and which one is the best? Thanks for your input.
I’ve had good quotes from getmethevin.com and carvana.com. Check vroom and Carmax also. Have heard good things on all the services.

anyone gotten date changes or vins over a weekend? Or is it a waste to even check on the weekends. lol
yes, i found there are some systemwide pushes that seem to occur i think on tuesdays, for me around 9:15 or so eastern, where a bunch of us would get pushed around. Then, i think when it's specific to you, any day or time is fair game. as for waste of time? from the time you signed up to TMC until your death, you committed to countless hours of refreshing here, your app, etc. - shoot, even my wife who really couldn't care less, started seeing me stare at my phone or ipad and would ask, "vin?"

Got a text this morning to give them info for final trade-in offer. For people who have gotten the text prior to getting a VIN how long was the wait between that and VIN? Getting really excited! Hoping that this is for real. Just got approved for 1.24% loan at DCU for 100k which was really nice.
I got my trade in offer in May. I got my VIN yesterday. However, I don't think I received a text request for the trade in, so your S may be getting real, real soon!

small data point and monologue
took me ALL DAY to get things straightened out with DCU, but it was worth it.
countless issues trying to log into the account - i was able to log into the "application account" and see my "congratulations, you have 2 $5 accounts, you're our hero" but the important part of that is there's a message that contains your member number.
then apparently, there's a super secret handshake, where among other things, you log in with your member number, and I think your pin, last 4 digits of your ss number, and lastly, how many times a day on average you checked for a VIN. multiply by 3, mention the bus driver's eye color, and you're good to go.
seriously, took all day. the live chat didn't work, was a nightmare, etc. but finally, i called and did the loan over the phone - real sweetheart of a guy who was friendly and unlike myself, seems to like people!
anyway, looks like i got a loan for maybe $13k MORE than my S (based on May pricing) and i double talked about the FSD - i had it, i don't have it anymore, whatever.
looks like 1.24% - .5 discount for direct deposit, and .25% off for EV.
for direct deposit, looks like i have to have my whole earnings deposited, and not just more than enough to cover the car. that's worth .5% which i think is ABOUT $16 a month - so not incredibly life altering, but if it saves me $192/year for doing basically nothing, yeah, i can direct payment to those account(s) - i also have to speak with the big cheese there, being self employed, i can talk about a low draw and large bonus structure so i would like to direct deposit as little as possible.
last data point - givemethevin offered me what i thought was an insulting amount and pretty much what tesla offered me in May. I used the car 7 months more, but also the market has tightened up. Carvana today offered me $10k less - WTF?
and surprisingly, Tesla today offered about hte same as givemethevin for my existing beast. so if i use that for a trade in, and get the dcu check, i'll be getting some nice coin back. btw, givemethevin wanted me to drive the car about an hour away to one of two auction areas. ha - give them they keys, and they'd sell it an hour later.
(if any of you have been to an auction, well, i was able to go to galves once - it was a zoo, and i felt folks were overpaying for high mileage cars. my dad offered to get me one, and i liked it, but said too much and too many miles).

my neighbor told me to try autotrader which i might - if it nets me another few thousand it might be worth it, if $10k it is definitely worth it. i have stuff that won't translate to the wholesale auction block, that enthusiasts might pay for - special features, extended transferable warranty, yada - however if i trade in, i may be able to cash out some of the warranty, and i have another set of wheels i might sell privately. and then i don't have to worry about getting title, giving test drives, shoot, i could drive myself to tesla, and not bother my wife, and then spend 27 hours going over the checklists!

TLDR: DCU 1.24% for more than purchase price, Tesla trade in = givemethevin offer with less hassle

small data point and monologue
took me ALL DAY to get things straightened out with DCU, but it was worth it.
countless issues trying to log into the account - i was able to log into the "application account" and see my "congratulations, you have 2 $5 accounts, you're our hero" but the important part of that is there's a message that contains your member number.
then apparently, there's a super secret handshake, where among other things, you log in with your member number, and I think your pin, last 4 digits of your ss number, and lastly, how many times a day on average you checked for a VIN. multiply by 3, mention the bus driver's eye color, and you're good to go.
seriously, took all day. the live chat didn't work, was a nightmare, etc. but finally, i called and did the loan over the phone - real sweetheart of a guy who was friendly and unlike myself, seems to like people!
anyway, looks like i got a loan for maybe $13k MORE than my S (based on May pricing) and i double talked about the FSD - i had it, i don't have it anymore, whatever.
looks like 1.24% - .5 discount for direct deposit, and .25% off for EV.
for direct deposit, looks like i have to have my whole earnings deposited, and not just more than enough to cover the car. that's worth .5% which i think is ABOUT $16 a month - so not incredibly life altering, but if it saves me $192/year for doing basically nothing, yeah, i can direct payment to those account(s) - i also have to speak with the big cheese there, being self employed, i can talk about a low draw and large bonus structure so i would like to direct deposit as little as possible.
last data point - givemethevin offered me what i thought was an insulting amount and pretty much what tesla offered me in May. I used the car 7 months more, but also the market has tightened up. Carvana today offered me $10k less - WTF?
and surprisingly, Tesla today offered about hte same as givemethevin for my existing beast. so if i use that for a trade in, and get the dcu check, i'll be getting some nice coin back. btw, givemethevin wanted me to drive the car about an hour away to one of two auction areas. ha - give them they keys, and they'd sell it an hour later.
(if any of you have been to an auction, well, i was able to go to galves once - it was a zoo, and i felt folks were overpaying for high mileage cars. my dad offered to get me one, and i liked it, but said too much and too many miles).

my neighbor told me to try autotrader which i might - if it nets me another few thousand it might be worth it, if $10k it is definitely worth it. i have stuff that won't translate to the wholesale auction block, that enthusiasts might pay for - special features, extended transferable warranty, yada - however if i trade in, i may be able to cash out some of the warranty, and i have another set of wheels i might sell privately. and then i don't have to worry about getting title, giving test drives, shoot, i could drive myself to tesla, and not bother my wife, and then spend 27 hours going over the checklists!

TLDR: DCU 1.24% for more than purchase price, Tesla trade in = givemethevin offer with less hassle
I checked out DCU but looks like there are membershi requirements? Anyone have any info on that fees and looked like you have to work for certain places or something??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid