Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, ordered/confirmed my S85 on 4/10, got my VIN on 4/11, My Tesla Dashboard shows Estimated Delivery: Late May. I got a call from my DS this afternoon to introduce himself. He said my current delivery date is looking like June 16[SUP]th[/SUP]. Huh? For some reason I was thinking Late May would be in, oh, I don’t know, May? I was really excited that things were moving along so well compared to others that I’ve been reading about. I thought maybe I just got into the right batch at the right time. But what a let down. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so disappointed. Maybe when my parents told me that Santa Claus wasn’t real.
You see, maybe in places like California or Florida, seeing a Tesla isn’t a rarity. Here in mid-Michigan though, they’re more along the lines of Big Foot. I’ve never seen one in Michigan. No one in my family or any of my friends have ever seen one. I told only two people at work that I was getting one, and suddenly I had people stopping me in the halls to ask about it. I’ve now talked to dozens of people at work, and none of them have ever seen one, but surprisingly, pretty much everyone actually knew about them. And while talking with my family, and friends, and co-workers, they would always ask “so when you getting it?”. And guess what I said…
Yep, Dashboard still says Late May.

Don't give up hope, maybe it will end up being somewhere in the middle. I can only imagine the crushing disappointment, though. I have a feeling it will be...June 2. Let's see if my psychic powers are still accurate! Last year I had a pretty good track record...

So, ordered/confirmed my S85 on 4/10, got my VIN on 4/11, My Tesla Dashboard shows Estimated Delivery: Late May. I got a call from my DS this afternoon to introduce himself. He said my current delivery date is looking like June 16[SUP]th[/SUP]. Huh? For some reason I was thinking Late May would be in, oh, I don’t know, May? I was really excited that things were moving along so well compared to others that I’ve been reading about. I thought maybe I just got into the right batch at the right time. But what a let down. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so disappointed. Maybe when my parents told me that Santa Claus wasn’t real.
You see, maybe in places like California or Florida, seeing a Tesla isn’t a rarity. Here in mid-Michigan though, they’re more along the lines of Big Foot. I’ve never seen one in Michigan. No one in my family or any of my friends have ever seen one. I told only two people at work that I was getting one, and suddenly I had people stopping me in the halls to ask about it. I’ve now talked to dozens of people at work, and none of them have ever seen one, but surprisingly, pretty much everyone actually knew about them. And while talking with my family, and friends, and co-workers, they would always ask “so when you getting it?”. And guess what I said…
Yep, Dashboard still says Late May.

Always a chance it'll get bumped up. However, they state right on the main page wait time is 2-3 months. There's nothing for you to really complain about or be disappointed about.

A late may delivery would put you in a P85 delivery timeframe ...

Don't give up hope, maybe it will end up being somewhere in the middle. I can only imagine the crushing disappointment, though. I have a feeling it will be...June 2. Let's see if my psychic powers are still accurate! Last year I had a pretty good track record...

OK so use your powers with mine. By my calculation I'm 35 days in but no change to my dashboard.:confused:

Always a chance it'll get bumped up. However, they state right on the main page wait time is 2-3 months. There's nothing for you to really complain about or be disappointed about.

A late may delivery would put you in a P85 delivery timeframe ...

You're right, I really don't have anything to complain about. The whole experience so far has been great, and I'll be driving that incredible car soon enough. You have to admit though that having your Dashboard say Late May for almost two weeks, then having your DS say June 16th is a little disappointing. I'd be happy with Btrflyl8e's prediction of June 2nd.

You're right, I really don't have anything to complain about. The whole experience so far has been great, and I'll be driving that incredible car soon enough. You have to admit though that having your Dashboard say Late May for almost two weeks, then having your DS say June 16th is a little disappointing. I'd be happy with Btrflyl8e's prediction of June 2nd.

yeah, it seems 50% of deliveries are coming in 1+ week early so you might be early!

I'm waiting as well ...

Looks like your psychic powers are still strong. Received an email from my DS saying this:
"I estimate that your vehicle will be here in Chicago the week of June 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]."

You see, maybe in places like California or Florida, seeing a Tesla isn’t a rarity. Here in mid-Michigan though, they’re more along the lines of Big Foot. I’ve never seen one in Michigan. No one in my family or any of my friends have ever seen one. I told only two people at work that I was getting one, and suddenly I had people stopping me in the halls to ask about it. I’ve now talked to dozens of people at work, and none of them have ever seen one, but surprisingly, pretty much everyone actually knew about them. And while talking with my family, and friends, and co-workers, they would always ask “so when you getting it?”.
Similar story here. I've been almost constantly looking for them since I got my job and started carpooling in late 2012. Not a day goes by where I don't try to identify every car I see on the 50 mile round trip commute. I even have a spreadsheet where I keep track of the when, where, and what (color, plate, etc.). Excluding the four I saw at the last two Detroit auto shows, I've spotted five in the wild, though all of them only for a few seconds. Fortunately, I have blurry dash cam footage of 3 of them to prove that they exist in Michigan. It blew my mind when the first two I saw were on back-to-back days, June 4th and 5th of 2013, and the first still remains the best.
I've told my family, my team of four at work, a few friends, the loan guy at my credit union, and the Internet (G+ and Tesla forums/IRC). The only person I haven't directly told who asked me about it was a co-worker who noticed my G+ post. Other than that, it doesn't seem to spread nearly as much as in your case, despite being in an open room of dozens of developers.
"When are you getting it?" is by far the most common question. My dashboard says late June, which is usually what I've been telling people, but sometimes I'll say late June/early July because I might want to schedule delivery for July 3rd (my birthday) and take advantage of the holiday for an extra day off.

I confirmed on 4/22 and haven't received my VIN or even a phone call yet. Hopefully soon...

Similar story here. I've been almost constantly looking for them since I got my job and started carpooling in late 2012. Not a day goes by where I don't try to identify every car I see on the 50 mile round trip commute. I even have a spreadsheet where I keep track of the when, where, and what (color, plate, etc.). Excluding the four I saw at the last two Detroit auto shows, I've spotted five in the wild, though all of them only for a few seconds. Fortunately, I have blurry dash cam footage of 3 of them to prove that they exist in Michigan. It blew my mind when the first two I saw were on back-to-back days, June 4th and 5th of 2013, and the first still remains the best.
I've told my family, my team of four at work, a few friends, the loan guy at my credit union, and the Internet (G+ and Tesla forums/IRC). The only person I haven't directly told who asked me about it was a co-worker who noticed my G+ post. Other than that, it doesn't seem to spread nearly as much as in your case, despite being in an open room of dozens of developers.
"When are you getting it?" is by far the most common question. My dashboard says late June, which is usually what I've been telling people, but sometimes I'll say late June/early July because I might want to schedule delivery for July 3rd (my birthday) and take advantage of the holiday for an extra day off.

I confirmed on 4/22 and haven't received my VIN or even a phone call yet. Hopefully soon...

Where do you guys live in Michigan? My father, brother, and I all have Signature Series Model S' since October 2012. We see at least one (non-family) at least once a week. My neighbor also owns one and sees several on the road. We live in Metro-Detroit. Tesla's are very popular and becoming common in Metro-Detroit despite Tesla's lack of presence due to Michigan's Auto-Dealers (Michigan's auto dealers make Texas, Arizona and New Jersey seem reasonable).

Send me a private message if you have any Michigan-specific questions.

Where do you guys live in Michigan? My father, brother, and I all have Signature Series Model S' since October 2012. We see at least one (non-family) at least once a week. My neighbor also owns one and sees several on the road. We live in Metro-Detroit. Tesla's are very popular and becoming common in Metro-Detroit despite Tesla's lack of presence due to Michigan's Auto-Dealers (Michigan's auto dealers make Texas, Arizona and New Jersey seem reasonable).
Also Metro Detroit. I work in Troy, which is where I've seen four of them. Two white, a red, a grey, and another red on 26 Mile. If I were to guess, I'd say there are localized pockets formed by owners spreading interest, which probably means I'll be forming another pocket soon.
And yeah, I was a victim of the dealers blocking Tesla when they forced the last test drive event in January to cancel about an hour before I got there, leaving everyone including hotel staff wondering where they went. That forced me to buy without ever driving it, but I was always determined to buy even if I never got to see one with my own eyes.