Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thread inputs on the $2k discount for those that ordered in 2020?

Just took delivery of our MS LR on 31 January, from our December, 2020, order. In the rush of paperwork I didn't notice that the $2k discount was missing. Sent a text to the nameless people at Tesla and was told something to the effect of "We'll look into it." It's been over 24 hours and I'm still waiting . . .

Is there a point of contact that others have reached out to for the discount?

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Just like pretty much anything in tech, there is always something new around the corner. Last time people held out for an interior refresh, widebody, and better motors. This time, people are salivating over... tail lights. Next time, people will be glad they waited for the 4680. The next next time, people will be glad they waited for a robot passenger that gives you massages while driving.

A little weird people are this excited about lights, but hey, I can't poopoo about folks being excited about the little things in life.
Agreed on the pace of tech, for sure.

I know some are excited for the taillights, I really don’t care. I’m a functional type of person, so I would like the updated headlights. My work commute is often in the dark on back highways so better lights would be a big bonus.

That being said no way am I refusing delivery over them!

Agreed on the pace of tech, for sure.

I know some are excited for the taillights, I really don’t care. I’m a functional type of person, so I would like the updated headlights. My work commute is often in the dark on back highways so better lights would be a big bonus.

That being said no way am I refusing delivery over them!
Completely agree. But, be forewarned… the headlights on the current Plaid/S are the worst I’ve had since the 1980’s. Not even close to my late 2021 MYP, with matrix LEDs.

Completely agree. But, be forewarned… the headlights on the current Plaid/S are the worst I’ve had since the 1980’s. Not even close to my late 2021 MYP, with matrix LEDs.
Can confirm. I picked up my model s a few days ago and the lights are terrible. Coming from a German vehicle they are brutal. One of my first new cars has a 2009 Honda Civic and those lights were marginally better than the lights on the S.

Seriously considering selling as I do a lot of night driving. I honestly thought everyone was exaggerating when they talked about how bad the lights were.

Like I got rid of my x6 for this? I’d be better off duct taping flashlights to this blow dryer.

I must have the upgraded lights - they are not nearly as bad as some say. I have had much worse.

Check your aiming - several have posted that their aim was off and that once corrected, lights were more effective.

Just took delivery of our MS LR on 31 January, from our December, 2020, order. In the rush of paperwork I didn't notice that the $2k discount was missing. Sent a text to the nameless people at Tesla and was told something to the effect of "We'll look into it." It's been over 24 hours and I'm still waiting . . .

Thanks!
My SA took care of the discount for me.

My story:
Reservation made in March 2021 (RN1143)
Matched to an MF VIN end of November
Push it back to January because I saw NF VINs getting delivered - resale matters, not debating this
Matched to an NF VIN last week, no new headlights/tail lights
Knew lights were coming and would kill me not to have them (previously owned a 2017 for 3 years)
Called to push back delivery
Won't push back delivery (second time mind you) and said take delivery or cancel
Forced to cancel and lose my $15k "equity" since I bought at $79,900
Most will say I'm dumb, it's only lights, or resell and make profit, meh
Once lights are on all models, will re-order at new price
Don't need another car, willing to wait
You could have just gone ahead with it and resold it to cover all costs and maybe make a little?

Thanks!

My SA took care of it for me - but that was pre-sale. Tesla takes long for anything financial. Keep on them but give them a little more time than 24 hours.