Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found an almost twin at Marietta Square. Cream instead white.

Attachments

• PXL_20220204_002419693.jpg
    PXL_20220204_002419693.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20220204_002425675.jpg
    PXL_20220204_002425675.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 70
Do they only offer the choice between all-seasons and summer tires for the 21” wheels? I already have a set of winter tires ready for my 19” wheels, so I’d prefer the car to come with summer tires, but my SC said the only option I have is all-seasons. Maybe that’s the rule for all Canadian deliveries?
No all season yet for the 21's. Only summer.

Thanks @Hayseed_MS and @Richmonder So there IS a summer option for the 19”s? Do you know the brand and model for each type (I think the all-seasons are Pirellis)?
They don't offer an option though. You can request but it's one of those things. Maybe you'll get em. Maybe you won't. But there's not like a checkbox anywhere.

Mine are 19’s, but still coming with summer tires in feb!!!
I would call or visit your closest Tesla store, the one your car will be delivered to, and tell them the wrong tires were put on at the factory and that you must have all season tires. I would think that notifying them ahead of time would better allow them to accommodate your needs.. What I am worried about though is if these all season tires, in this size, are in short supply. I have not heard anything but it could happen..

I would call or visit your closest Tesla store, the one your car will be delivered to, and tell them the wrong tires were put on at the factory and that you must have all season tires. I would think that notifying them ahead of time would better allow them to accommodate your needs.. What I am worried about though is if these all season tires, in this size, are in short supply. I have not heard anything but it could happen..
I have seen the all-seasons on the 19’s. I took a picture on my phone but deleted it recently.
Read the manual. The 19” show all-season and summer options. But you do not get to decide. Tesla does. And Tesla does not promise all-season tires or summer times when you order. Tire specifics are no where in your order or Monroney sticker. Is it crappy that Tesla sends summer tires to the North? Sure. Can I currently drive my summer tires in the Deep South? Nope. So it is literally luck of the draw.

Some people have had luck where their uninformed SA promises them all-season to only get summer tires and then force Tesla to swap them. But without that, you are less likely to get them to just swap them out of goodwill.

Some people have had luck where their uninformed SA promises them all-season to only get summer tires and then force Tesla to swap them. But without that, you are less likely to get them to just swap them out of goodwill.

I was able to simply blame the snow storm here in NY last week and they set up a service visit for replacing the summer tires for all season tires - free of charge of course. However, they said they are backordered so it does seem like a supply constraint for these at the moment.

Alright, my EDD just got narrowed to a 2-week window for the second time. Hopefully that means a VIN is imminent!

Also regarding the tires, it looks like the 19” Continental all-seasons have the lowest review score on Tire rack vs the other options available, which is disappointing. They’re labelled as “grand touring” tires with low-rolling resistance with the ContiSilent designation. I’m guessing that means these will offer a smoother, quieter ride (with the foam lining?), but I hope that’s not at the expense of grip. They also have a W speed rating (168 mph) vs Y (186 mph) for the Pirelli P Zero summers. I hope the Continentals won’t be all squealy when accelerating…I want to be able to take off from a light in effortless total silence, ha ha.

Read the manual. The 19” show all-season and summer options. But you do not get to decide. Tesla does. And Tesla does not promise all-season tires or summer times when you order. Tire specifics are no where in your order or Monroney sticker. Is it crappy that Tesla sends summer tires to the North? Sure. Can I currently drive my summer tires in the Deep South? Nope. So it is literally luck of the draw.

Whatever the manual says, it seems irresponsible to deliver a car with tires that basically say "do not use below freezing" when it is actually below freezing outside when/where they are delivering the car.