Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked what the chances were for All Seasons at the SC upon delivery, but I think I'm in the same boat. It really doesn't snow THAT often in Northern VA, but it was around 30F here for a bit...
I have had summer tires on several awd vehicles. Generally it is fine- especially if you just wait for cleared roads. I understand the tire compound limitations but I have never had any dangerous situations.

I have had summer tires on several awd vehicles. Generally it is fine- especially if you just wait for cleared roads. I understand the tire compound limitations but I have never had any dangerous situations.
That's re-assuring. I've always had all-seasons so this is my first run with summer tires... not really sure what to expect but I'm picturing doing involuntary donuts on the highway just because it's 20F outside.

That's re-assuring. I've always had all-seasons so this is my first run with summer tires... not really sure what to expect but I'm picturing doing involuntary donuts on the highway just because it's 20F outside.
Nah- I had them on my SQ5 when I first got it (BTW other OEMS give you no option on perf vehicles with big wheels). They do get very hard in the winter, however the AWD does offset that a bit. Keep in chill if below 40 degrees and you should be fine. Remember roads get warmer than air temp in direct sunlight as well. So 32 outside if you have direct sun could be over 40 on the road. Also they wear out very fast- they lasted 12k miles on my Audi before I had to replace them (with all seasons)

Well that was useless. The rep said I will have the "fully refreshed" Model S and knows that there was some news of new headlights "in China" but those aren't coming here. Her responses did not inspire confidence! She also said that my VIN shows them as having summer tires (after I asked) which is going to be a big problem here in Virginia! Not sure what I do to get this resolved.
I stopped in Glen Allen less than a week ago. Rep was helpful. Checked the system and called over a manager to overlook his shoulder when I asked about all seasons. He said the system showed that Long Range + 19's Plus this specific region, meant All Seasons. He was confident I'd get all seasons. Thats all I can tell you

Well that was useless. The rep said I will have the "fully refreshed" Model S and knows that there was some news of new headlights "in China" but those aren't coming here. Her responses did not inspire confidence! She also said that my VIN shows them as having summer tires (after I asked) which is going to be a big problem here in Virginia! Not sure what I do to get this resolved.
Did you tell him that EndlessPlaid on the forum promised us that the headlights were coming to the USA in two weeks?