Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this. I have no issues closing the drivers side or the rear passenger door when putting my son in...

My only reference point on the front passenger is that I've had 4 people in the car and every one of them has not properly closed it on the first try. My wife has been in it multiple times and she hasn't become accustomed to the force required to close it.

I've never had a car that had a consistent issue with door closing, so I'm pretty sure something is off.
Normal. It will work itself in. If you put the window down on that passenger door you’ll see it’s now closing easily. Been discussed many a time. Give it time! :)

My Model S delivery was yesterday. It wasn’t missing any pieces in the trunk, and looked good overall. The thing that I noticed was the door panel gaps in the back seat didn’t match. The passenger side was wider. The car was also missing the Monroney label. The delivery person asked when I wanted to schedule a service appointment for the door and I replied that I didn’t want one. I didn’t feel like scheduling a new car for service. I passed on it. I will see what happens with my account. I’m content with my MY and really don’t need a new car. I guess I’m getting old. :confused: The MY is easier to live with and has a comfortable back seat. It’s just not a sexy sedan. I’ll probably be kicked out of the Peacock Club.
Am I the a@@hole?
I wish my trim were so well aligned! That’s waaaaaay better than last year’s cars, let me tell you.

My Model S delivery was yesterday. It wasn’t missing any pieces in the trunk, and looked good overall. The thing that I noticed was the door panel gaps in the back seat didn’t match. The passenger side was wider. The car was also missing the Monroney label. The delivery person asked when I wanted to schedule a service appointment for the door and I replied that I didn’t want one. I didn’t feel like scheduling a new car for service. I passed on it. I will see what happens with my account. I’m content with my MY and really don’t need a new car. I guess I’m getting old. :confused: The MY is easier to live with and has a comfortable back seat. It’s just not a sexy sedan. I’ll probably be kicked out of the Peacock Club.
Am I the a@@hole?
No, you are not an @$$hole, wormhole or loophole! Wait for a car that makes you happy!

Am I the a@@hole?
I mean personally I would've accepted if that was the only issue and idk if i would've even taken it for service without seeing the other door gap. Its your car though & you need to be happy with it from the get go. In this price range there really shouldn't need to be these inspections or worry about major quality issues on new cars. It seems every single new delivery says "Car looks good, except for X,X, and X."

Am I the a@@hole?
No- you did not like it so you passed. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Hey Bruce,

I’ll be picking up at Camarillo too. EDD is 2/25-3/25 and am finalizing loan paperwork with DCU. Doing it now as it’s a soft credit pull having just funded our MYP a month ago. Loan needs to close within 45 days. So fingers crossed!

We picked up the Y in Camarillo and it went smooth as silk. Hoping same for the S.
I hope both of our cars come, and before interest rates rise (again). I have locked in financing twice and won't try again until I get a VIN. Good luck!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Am I the a@@hole?
Frankly I wish more people would reject deliveries on quality issues so that Tesla would get the message and their act together. That being said I couldn't and didn't do it, after "only" a relatively short 6.5 month wait.

Not to rain on your parade but I don't understand how this can happen!
I think the logistic/delivery folks at Tesla are the least technologically advanced part of the company. I believe Tesla employs some of the smartest computer scientists around. They obviously do not work in logistics but if Tesla could just spare an afternoon to lend some of these engineers to logistics, I'm sure they could come up with a world class delivery system. I'd think it very easy to design code for delivery that wows. Either that or Tesla maintains a sh*t list of customers to deliberately frustrate. And you, sir, are on it.

I’m sure there are other reasons… Bottom line; if it doesn’t make him happy, he shouldn’t blow $100k+ on it. Buy something that makes you happy.
If there are other reasons, sure. But you and I both know the QC on these cars is bloody awful so if it was rejected for only that minor issue, I have to face palm. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I mean here’s one of my rear doors. Lol!

Attachments

• 58E57EC1-38D5-46DA-A878-E99C60066AA1.jpeg
    58E57EC1-38D5-46DA-A878-E99C60066AA1.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 95
If there are other reasons, sure. But you and I both know the QC on these cars is bloody awful so if it was rejected for only that minor issue, I have to face palm. 🤦🏻‍♂️
They get away with so much + false promises the service centers can resolve issues, making multiple service visits for brand new 100K is unacceptable. Just my opinion, every person is different.

What do you all think Tesla is going to do with a customer reject? They just move it on to the next customer. And I doubt the reason it was rejected gets moved up the chain. It is not like there is a graveyard of rejects that Tesla is hoarding.

The only way I see QA issues changing is actually through service. Get enough vehicles in for the same, routine issue and you have a potential better chance of making an impact. But the only way a car ends up in service is by accepting and then scheduling service.

What do you all think Tesla is going to do with a customer reject? They just move it on to the next customer. And I doubt the reason it was rejected gets moved up the chain. It is not like there is a graveyard of rejects that Tesla is hoarding.

The only way I see QA issues changing is actually through service. Get enough vehicles in for the same, routine issue and you have a potential better chance of making an impact. But the only way a car ends up in service is by accepting and then scheduling service.
100%.

This all makes me wonder who is the corporate manager that oversees QC, customer relations? I know, laugh because it feels good, but who is this person if Tesla even has one? Quite obviously, the Service Centers should not be doing QC. Warranty issues, yes. Problems experienced by customers in volume, tend to start reducing sales as people will hear or read of this and go elsewhere. So far, Tesla is doing OK. So far.

Took delivery yesterday and couldn’t be happier! Not a blemish or anything at all to gripe about, except the lack of a privacy shelf which should be arriving via FedEx. I honestly can’t imagine more power than this, she keeps pulling at 90 like she does at 20 and I chicken out!View attachment 770281
Are you sure there are no asymmetrical door gaps?