Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this. I have no issues closing the drivers side or the rear passenger door when putting my son in...

My only reference point on the front passenger is that I've had 4 people in the car and every one of them has not properly closed it on the first try. My wife has been in it multiple times and she hasn't become accustomed to the force required to close it.

I've never had a car that had a consistent issue with door closing, so I'm pretty sure something is off.
My front passenger door takes slightly more force to close than the other 3

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What do you all think Tesla is going to do with a customer reject? They just move it on to the next customer. And I doubt the reason it was rejected gets moved up the chain. It is not like there is a graveyard of rejects that Tesla is hoarding.

The only way I see QA issues changing is actually through service. Get enough vehicles in for the same, routine issue and you have a potential better chance of making an impact. But the only way a car ends up in service is by accepting and then scheduling service.
Exactly this! The service center and and service center software is directly linked back to Tesla HQ and the teams. So the best way to give feedback is to take it in, as they then will see it and try to fix it on the production line.

Exactly this! The service center and and service center software is directly linked back to Tesla HQ and the teams. So the best way to give feedback is to take it in, as they then will see it and try to fix it on the production line.
Have no doubt, tesla knows of the QC issues, they don’t care. Otherwise over the last six years and 3 deliveries we would have expierenced improvement. They match rejects within 1-2 days with the next person in line.

If there are other reasons, sure. But you and I both know the QC on these cars is bloody awful so if it was rejected for only that minor issue, I have to face palm. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe after many months of waiting, and reading about all the shite on TMC, @Ormond had a change of heart and would prefer his $100k+ over the likelihood of owning a car that will develop many issues, including the vibration and other known pervasive issues.

• Love
Reactions: Ormond
Have no doubt, tesla knows of the QC issues, they don’t care. Otherwise over the last six years and 3 deliveries we would have expierenced improvement. They match rejects within 1-2 days with the next person in line.
It's not like they don't care. There's a difference between not caring, and just not having it as the highest priority at the moment. As an investor, I'd MUCH rather have Tesla be focused on scaling Model Y and 3, developing Cybertruck, Semi, and Roadster, and ramping up GigaBerlin-Brandenburg and GigaTexas, while also scaling 4680, rather than some quality issues. Not saying it's not important, but they've only got so much they can do at once, especially with production lines running at full speed (or near enough).

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Took delivery yesterday and couldn’t be happier! Not a blemish or anything at all to gripe about, except the lack of a privacy shelf which should be arriving via FedEx. I honestly can’t imagine more power than this, she keeps pulling at 90 like she does at 20 and I chicken out!View attachment 770281
That looks great! Mine is the same colour. I'm picking it up from PPF and Ceramic in a couple hours. I hope it looks as good as yours!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That looks great! Mine is the same colour. I'm picking it up from PPF and Ceramic in a couple hours. I hope it looks as good as yours!
I'm having full PPF done the first week in March when I'm traveling for work. I had it on my 3 and it kept the car looking showroom new for 4 years and really enhanced my joy of ownership.

They get away with so much + false promises the service centers can resolve issues, making multiple service visits for brand new 100K is unacceptable. Just my opinion, every person is different.
Jeez, tell that to the McLaren dealer that had my 570 for over a month trying to figure out a well know thermostat issue, or the Porsche dealer that didn't want to do a recall on the motor mounts of my 992 OR give me a loaner car, or MB who had my S63 for over a month changing the turbos at 15,000 miles, or again MB who couldn't fix an annoying frequency buzz in a 2020 G550...

Tesla isn't unique in their service quality in my experience. At least they'll come to my house for some of it.

Jeez, tell that to the McLaren dealer that had my 570 for over a month trying to figure out a well know thermostat issue, or the Porsche dealer that didn't want to do a recall on the motor mounts of my 992 OR give me a loaner car, or MB who had my S63 for veer a month changing the turbos at 15,000 miles, or again MB who couldn't fix an annoying frequency buzz in a 2020 G550...

Tesla isn't unique in their service quality in my experience. At least they'll come to my house for some of it.
Yeah not to trash McLaren (they make really well-engineered supercars IMO), but at least Tesla honors their warranties and doesn't void them at any chance they get lol.😁

Yeah not to trash McLaren (they make really well-engineered supercars IMO), but at least Tesla honors their warranties and doesn't void them at any chance they get lol.😁
I will say I'm yet to drive any other car that "feels" better to drive than a McLaren. There's just something about them...
But it can really only be like a 6th vehicle. 😂

I will say I'm yet to drive any other car that "feels" better to drive than a McLaren. There's just something about them...
But it can really only be like a 6th vehicle. 😂
Yeah I've never been in one but they do really good work. They're like a slightly higher volume Koenigsegg or something.
Hopefully the Roadster dethrones the McLaren for feel!

Reactions: uthatcher