Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But…but… I want to believe in new headlights!
i-want-to-believe-maluch-poster.jpg

Hahaha it can wait till tomorrow if you don't have the stamina lol! Final details for the Hummer came out yesterday.
Oh yeah, I did see some of that. Notably the size of the battery and the weight of the monster! The battery alone is 3000 lbs! And that it’s nearly as inefficient as an original H1…ridiculous really. Like GM’s super bowl add, pretty ridiculous.

Oh yeah, I did see some of that. Notably the size of the battery and the weight of the monster! The battery alone is 3000 lbs! And that it’s nearly as inefficient as an original H1…ridiculous really. Like GM’s super bowl add, pretty ridiculous.
Yup lol! Cool to see final details on it.
Looks to be a 219.158kWh gross capacity;
and 1325kg pack weight times 158Wh/kg (and then divided by 1000) yields 209.35kWh of usable energy.
And 9,063 pounds is the final curb weight lol. Now, one interesting thing is that the truck was tested at 10,000 pounds, showing that they tested it with a 937 pound payload. So real world range could be close to or better then that 329 official number.

Yup lol! Cool to see final details on it.
Looks to be a 219.158kWh gross capacity;
and 1325kg pack weight times 158Wh/kg (and then divided by 1000) yields 209.35kWh of usable energy.
And 9,063 pounds is the final curb weight lol. Now, one interesting thing is that the truck was tested at 10,000 pounds, showing that they tested it with a 937 pound payload. So real world range could be close to or better then that 329 official number.
I mean that’s all well and good. But it’s ridiculous. It really shows what GM actually thinks of EV‘s. Not sustainability, but tacky and over the top.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I mean that’s all well and good. But it’s ridiculous. It really shows what GM actually thinks of EV‘s. Not sustainability, but tacky and over the top.
Yeah, we'll have to see what they do with the next cars. Maybe not the best decision, but at the same time, starting with a low volume high-priced truck is a good way to relegate demand until fully scaled.

Last edited:
Reactions: uthatcher