Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh totally agreed. I think this likely was originally planned, but fell behind schedule. So glad to see it! The car looks complete. :)
Only five things left to make it complete:

1.) Ambient lighting throughout.
2.) Tesla quality control and vibration fix.
3.) Steering wheel/stalks option.
4.) Automatic folding seats in the rear like the Model Y.
5.) Front bumper camera.

Only five things left to make it complete:

1.) Ambient lighting throughout.
2.) Tesla quality control and vibration fix.
3.) Steering wheel/stalks option.
4.) Automatic folding seats in the rear like the Model Y.
5.) Front bumper camera.
1) Hope we see that soon!
2) That'll get better as time goes on, and especially after Fremont gets a good redesign for the new paint booth, etc..
3) The steering wheel option, maybe. But big maybe. It's going to be really hard to convince Elon to do this. He is very unlikely to budge. Especially since the yoke meets all NHTSA requirements and is actually safer in a crash because of the position it puts the driver's hands in. I'd give a <1% chance of this happening. Maybe for Cybertruck, but still unlikely. Possibly 5% chance there. And no way stalks are ever happening. They would complicate the production line far too much to be an option, and they definitely aren't going to be standard. :)
4) That I could see happening within maybe 24 months or so. Depends on if the 7 seat launches.
5) Yeah I hope we see that!

Last edited:
1) Hope we see that soon!
2) That'll get better as time goes on, and especially after Fremont gets a good redesign for the new paint booth, etc..
3) The steering wheel option, maybe. But big maybe. It's going to be really hard to convince Elon to do this. He is very unlikely to budge. Especially since the yoke meets all NHTSA requirements and is actually safer in a crash because of the position it puts the driver's hands in. I'd give a <1% chance of this happening. Maybe for Cybertruck, but still unlikely. Possibly 5% chance there. And no way stalks are ever happening. They would complicate the production line far too much to be an option, and they definitely aren't going to be standard. :)
4) That I could see happening within maybe 24 months or so. Depends on if the 7 seat launches.
5) Yeah I hope we see that!
I’m not majorly concerned about point 3 in the USA. The setup as is will never fly in England, though, - or at the very least I’d be amazed if it does.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m not majorly concerned about point 3 in the USA. The setup as is will never fly in England, though, - or at the very least I’d be amazed if it does.
Yeah it does. Was confirmed mere days after the Plaid was revealed:
The yoke will have no problem in the EU or UK. NHTSA was the one we actually didn't know about for sure until cars started shipping.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
Well yeah, but it's not like we don't have roundabouts here.😃
I was under the impression that you were talking from a legal standpoint. Sorry if I misunderstood.
No no. I mean usability-wise it will be a nightmare. So many tight roundabouts and you have to signal off them in the UK. You ever tried using the turn signals while the yoke is upside down or vertical? Not fun. Heck, I lose the signals if I have to make a right turn followed by an immediate left turn. It’s just not doable.

The funny thing is this yoke business didn’t need to happen. At the very least, I still maintain this should have been an option. Swapping out a wheel is a very quick procedure.

No no. I mean usability-wise it will be a nightmare. So many tight roundabouts and you have to signal off them in the UK. You ever tried using the turn signals while the yoke is upside down or vertical? Not fun. Heck, I lose the signals if I have to make a right turn followed by an immediate left turn. It’s just not doable.

The funny thing is this yoke business didn’t need to happen. At the very least, I still maintain this should have been an option. Swapping out a wheel is a very quick procedure.
Yeah there's always a debate about the yoke lol!😃

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Can someone confirm if the refresh S has ambient lighting in the doors? I had a mobile tech come by yesterday to fix a door handle on my old S and I mentioned to him that I hoped this feature will be coming soon since there are empty connectors behind the door panel, and he said it’s already there. He said he recently had to repair an ambient light in a refresh S door panel since one door’s ambient light wasn’t working on delivery. Confused.

Also my Plaid 1163 EDD just inched tighter to March 19-31. Still no VIN yet.