Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your car is black now?

Hah! Never again after my Model 3 in black. Sheesh that thing was impossible...

Checking my delivery date again... and...

4-8 weeks, says Tesla, even now, before ordering. I guess it's the same thing as FSD coming every year...

1646714292007.png

What exactly does it mean when you get a VIN assigned? Does the VIN get assigned when the car is scheduled to be built soon, is currently being built, or is already built?

My app isn’t showing the VIN yet, but I found the VIN in my order page source code - it’s NF4741 so I guess I should be getting the new lights. :)
Oh yeah 474 should absolutely have the new lights! 472s currently have the new lights. :)

Reactions: Alex Philips
What exactly does it mean when you get a VIN assigned? Does the VIN get assigned when the car is scheduled to be built soon, is currently being built, or is already built?

My app isn’t showing the VIN yet, but I found the VIN in my order page source code - it’s NF4741 so I guess I should be getting the new lights. :)

How on earth?! How did you find that? Show us mere mortals!

None of those keys do anything on my Mac...

But in any case you're right, - it won't be there anyway.
Ok another way to do it would be to right click on a blank space on your order page, and click "inspect". That should also bring up the code. Then from there, you can hit Ctrl F, and then search for the three terms I outlined above.

Ok, then Google is your friend in this case. There's very likely a way to view the page source code on Mac; it's just different then Chrome, etc...
View Source Code in Safari
Open Safari. Navigate to the web page you would like to examine. Select the Develop menu in the top menu bar. Select the Show Page Source option to open a text window with the HTML source of the page.