Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been rethinking getting a Model S due to this vibration issue. How bad is it? It sounds like almost all the cars have it and no fix in sight. I really want to get one but this issue sounds horrible or how bad is it really?
It’s not “that” bad,intensity wise, but really annoying and distracts from enjoying the car. Once you notice it, you can’t in notice it. I don’t see a fix until the next new model. Look how many years it took for Tesla to address the “shutter” on the old model. Eight years, I believe.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It’s not “that” bad,intensity wise, but really annoying and distracts from enjoying the car. Once you notice it, you can’t in notice it. I don’t see a fix until the next new model. Look how many years it took for Tesla to address the “shutter” on the old model. Eight years, I believe.
Yeah whenever they go to 4680 structural (maybe 2024 or 2025), and drop 500+ pounds out of the car, they'll likely address it then.

If you are positioned in your seat just right, it can be "invigorating".

There have been exactly two people on this thread who have complained consistently about vibrations. I suspect there is a thread on TMC dedicated to this. With the understanding that those with an issue to complain about are the ones who tend to go online and discuss it (sic this thread), do we have a sense of what percentage of deliveries are affected? Tall order, I know, but the brain trust on this forum is impressive.

Just as @jebinc. He has plenty of threads about. Hell, the NSA, FBI and CIA was asking him about his data collection efforts.
Well, someone has to take this on, otherwise sufferers will have to wait another decade! On a positive note, several have reported hearing from their SC manager that this issue is now getting a lot of attention in Tesla Engineering. So, there is some hope.....

There have been exactly two people on this thread who have complained consistently about vibrations. I suspect there is a thread on TMC dedicated to this. With the understanding that those with an issue to complain about are the ones who tend to go online and discuss it (sic this thread), do we have a sense of what percentage of deliveries are affected? Tall order, I know, but the brain trust on this forum is impressive.
Yep. "Exactly two people"..... There are at least six threads....

IMG_2213.png

refreshed-model-s-model-vibration-tracking-and-information-thread.249344

After much deep thought, I decided to release my hold yesterday and leave everything to God/the Universe/whatever deity you believe in. If I get a Refresh 2.0, great, if I get an "old" one, I'm sure I'll be happy.

After initially showing TBD all of yesterday, today I have an EDD of 3/15-/3/31. I tried checking source code (or bricking my computer depending on whose instructions one follows) and no VIN to be found yet. Fingers crossed.

After much deep thought, I decided to release my hold yesterday and leave everything to God/the Universe/whatever deity you believe in. If I get a Refresh 2.0, great, if I get an "old" one, I'm sure I'll be happy.

After initially showing TBD all of yesterday, today I have an EDD of 3/15-/3/31. I tried checking source code (or bricking my computer depending on whose instructions one follows) and no VIN to be found yet. Fingers crossed.

Refresh 1.0 is phenomenal and you will be ecstatic. Refresh 2.0 is great as well. I am sure 3.0 and 4.0, etc will be that much better as they come out. Do not overthink it and enjoy life with the car.

Refresh 1.0 is phenomenal and you will be ecstatic. Refresh 2.0 is great as well. I am sure 3.0 and 4.0, etc will be that much better as they come out. Do not overthink it and enjoy life with the car.
Yeah, "Refresh 1.0" included new suspension, new motors, new heat pump/better cooling, new infotainment computer (with new monitor layout), new seats (with AC!), new instrument cluster, new rear display... and so much more, not to mention higher quality materials everywhere. "Refresh 2.0" just adds new headlights and new tail/brake lights. It also removes radar which may be useful for the next few months, but won't make much difference after that. You'll love both!

Thanks for this, and sorry for dumb question, but I'm trying to figure where to put HL01 on EV-CPO sit
If Tesla has Refresh 2.0 in inventory while pushing 1.0 onto reservation holders it would be really sneaky of them. Typically Tesla releases rejected or unable to finance, etc. cars into inventory. So this whole thing of assigning these cars to reservation holders is new and understandably done just to clear the 1.0 inventory.