Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully @mikemi can post some later on today!

I screen captured this one from a video that was just uploaded to Facebook.

Video credit Martell Parks on Facebook.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 3.08.23 PM.jpg

I screen captured this one from a video that was just uploaded to Facebook.

Video credit Martell Parks on Facebook.

View attachment 778449

Oh geez. QC is out of control. They are just slapping any color bar on cars now a days. At least it is not held down with tape. Unless they used body color tape! Boys and girls over at Tesla are GENIUS.

Well this is a bummer, I got pushed out to May-June. And they reduced my trade-in value considerably.
Not sure if it's worth it anymore, I was only planning on keeping the new S for about a year until I get one of the EV trucks I have on order.

Well this is a bummer, I got pushed out to May-June. And they reduced my trade-in value considerably.
Not sure if it's worth it anymore, I was only planning on keeping the new S for about a year until I get one of the EV trucks I have on order.
You’re almost guaranteed to sell you current car for more than what tesla has valued it at. Plus now you have some time to sell it

You’re almost guaranteed to sell you current car for more than what tesla has valued it at. Plus now you have some time to sell it
Their previous trade-in offer was actually a slightly higher amount than third parties (such as CarBuyerUSA) an I also got the benefit of getting the tax savings.

With losing that, and only planning on keeping it a year, I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I guess I'll see what the numbers look like by the time I finally get a VIN, but it's no longer a no-brainer. There are some downgrades with the new car (no sunroof, yoke vs round, slower) that I was willing to overlook at the inflated trade-in value.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Their previous trade-in offer was actually a slightly higher amount than third parties (such as CarBuyerUSA) an I also got the benefit of getting the tax savings.

With losing that, and only planning on keeping it a year, I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I guess I'll see what the numbers look like by the time I finally get a VIN, but it's no longer a no-brainer. There are some downgrades with the new car (no sunroof, yoke vs round, slower) that I was willing to overlook at the inflated trade-in value.
Interesting my Tesla trade in evaluation was was about 20K less than what I was ultimately able to sell my LR+ for privately.

I am doing what basically you are too which is getting a newer car to sell it in a year or two for something like a Rivian

Yep, totally agree, I sold my MS85D for $20k more than Tesla offered, and I honestly feel that I could have sold it for more. My past two offers from Tesla were shamefully low, and I will not consider them in the future.

Interesting my Tesla trade in evaluation was was about 20K less than what I was ultimately able to sell my LR+ for privately.

I am doing what basically you are too which is getting a newer car to sell it in a year or two for something like a Rivian
The past 1-2 weeks have had a significant negative impact on my car's value according to various sites. Model S used inventory may have caught up to the demand.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yep, totally agree, I sold my MS85D for $20k more than Tesla offered, and I honestly feel that I could have sold it for more. My past two offers from Tesla were shamefully low, and I will not consider them in the future.
Tesla came in $10 to $20K under offers I was getting last June and was at the $20K mark on when I sold it privately. I actually regret not holding on to it further into the fall. Sure I missed out on the sales tax aspect, but I allocated monthly to pay that in a lump sum at delivery.