Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refresh 1.0 is phenomenal and you will be ecstatic. Refresh 2.0 is great as well. I am sure 3.0 and 4.0, etc will be that much better as they come out. Do not overthink it and enjoy life with the car.
Wait, 3.0 and 4.0??? Do I need to start worrying about them? I know we know nothing but I want to...wait, NEED to... kick off some FOMO!

To solve an issue Tesla is refusing to solve, worth it imo
They found that this modification allows a further lowering of the car, reducing or eliminating the vibration. BUT! You can't drive everywhere on the "down low"...
MY THEORY AND ONLY MY THEORY;
Driving down low straightens the angles of the CV joints keeping the velocities between halves of the joint constant, hence Constant Velocity joint. When the suspension is raised higher than this, the velocities between halves of the joint separate. The motor and differential unit are suspended in rubber logically to help with NVH allowing for movement at the at the inner CV joint due to forces imparted by the differences in velocity through this joint, providing the root cause of the vibration. The motor mounts are placed relatively high in relation to the dynamic output of the differential output allowing this movement.
Why some and not all? Who knows. Tesla like many other remanufacturers utilize components from many others and perhaps quality control varies. This, in combination of many other factors and tolerances contribute to the point of the issue of vibration. Where are these motor mounts and other parts made??

After much deep thought, I decided to release my hold yesterday and leave everything to God/the Universe/whatever deity you believe in. If I get a Refresh 2.0, great, if I get an "old" one, I'm sure I'll be happy.

After initially showing TBD all of yesterday, today I have an EDD of 3/15-/3/31. I tried checking source code (or bricking my computer depending on whose instructions one follows) and no VIN to be found yet. Fingers crossed.
I was the one assigned a VIN on Feb19th (built date of Feb14th) where I asked them to unmatch the VIN as I want the refresh lights. On Feb23rd I removed the hold from my account as it was clear that new lights are now in production. Since then, my EDD range of 21days has shrunk to 10 days (No VIN yet). As soon as I get in the EDD window, the second day of it, the start date pushes back by 3/4 days. Although my end date is still revolving around March 20. Hopefully VIN is not far away.

Another data point.