Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds painful :( Hang in there. If I were to guess I'd say an errant KUKA robot is to blame: Tesla Motors Part 1: Behind the Scenes of How the Tesla Model S is Made-The Window-WIRED - YouTube

LOL. yeah we tortured ourselves last night by watching an old show on NatGeo called "Megafactories" featuring Tesla. it felt like taking the tour before they started building any Model S , but the robotics are absolutely incredible!

update on delivery - Saturday at 4:00pm. DS thinks it will be here and ready to go by then. we are going to the service center anyway to sign DMV docs, question is, will the car be waiting for us :frown: i guess you will know tomorrow night with either a sad/happy post on this forum HAHA

OK. Pretty much my last update on this tread :

Order date : April 29th
Confirmation date : April 29th
VIN assigned date : May 8th
VIN : 43883
Production : June 9th
Production complete : June 12
Delivery : TOMORROW, June 28th 4:00PM

I think I'm getting a little bit crazy now ! Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight !!

OK. Pretty much my last update on this tread :

Order date : April 29th
Confirmation date : April 29th
VIN assigned date : May 8th
VIN : 43883
Production : June 9th
Production complete : June 12
Delivery : TOMORROW, June 28th 4:00PM

I think I'm getting a little bit crazy now ! Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight !!
Good luck with your new ride... TODAY is "T" day at the Fremont CA Plant for me... looking forward to the tour and the ride home.

Wow now its European time my Vin 441xx has changed status today to "Tesla Factory is building your Model S". Figure they are not able to building and deliver more to US this quarter ;-) Unfortunatly I have to wait another 6-8 weekend for the shipping to Denmark

Wow now its European time my Vin 441xx has changed status today to "Tesla Factory is building your Model S". Figure they are not able to building and deliver more to US this quarter ;-) Unfortunatly I have to wait another 6-8 weekend for the shipping to Denmark

They should complete your Model S before shutting down for a couple weeks. Better that it is built before the shut down.

"Lightning" arrived in Tampa Tuesday morning. Delivery is a bit complicated so here's the short version. I signed for everything and went through new owner orientation yesterday afternoon. Also took the car for a quick spin but left it there so Pete from First Impression can pick it up for XPel, Opticoat, and window tint. Went back today to deliver some paperwork and the important part - a check! Ben was also nice enough to snap this pic for me. (He's a better photographer than Klaus) The delivery was originally planned for next Monday so we're still ahead of schedule. I'll get the car after Pete is finished with it and there will be nothing else to do but drive and enjoy!

Lightning.jpg

"Lightning" arrived in Tampa Tuesday morning. Delivery is a bit complicated so here's the short version. I signed for everything and went through new owner orientation yesterday afternoon. Also took the car for a quick spin but left it there so Pete from First Impression can pick it up for XPel, Opticoat, and window tint. Went back today to deliver some paperwork and the important part - a check! Ben was also nice enough to snap this pic for me. (He's a better photographer than Klaus) The delivery was originally planned for next Monday so we're still ahead of schedule. I'll get the car after Pete is finished with it and there will be nothing else to do but drive and enjoy!

You made a mistake by driving it before you let Pete take it. You got a taste. Now those extra days waiting will really be agonizing. :wink: As if they wouldn't be agonizing regardless.

Congrats. She's beautiful. It was nice meeting you last week at C&C. Let us know how the Opticoat works out. I'm interested in getting mine done as well.

View attachment 52477

Gee, thanks Rick. :wink:

View attachment 52477
Congratulations Rick and nice meeting you and Brad at Cars and Coffee!