Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MB S class has excellent top down view and parking sensors. Not a fan of the MBUX screen on the 580, but the 450+ is very compelling.

I sat in one and I'd thought I'd nav to Reno. Instead of plotting chargers, it simply said, you will not make your destination.

The interior and sunroofs and screens really are great luxury touches if that's what you like.
I've test driven both the Lucid GT and EQS 580, and software is NOWHERE close to where Tesla is. Tesla's in-car software and phone app cannot be beaten by any other car manufacturer IMO.

Reactions: lowtek and aerodyne
I've test driven both the Lucid GT and EQS 580, and software is NOWHERE close to where Tesla is. Tesla's in-car software and phone app cannot be beaten by any other car manufacturer IMO.
Tesla....navigate to home...car instantly sets navigation to my Home.

Mercedes...Navigate to home...car navigates to Nome, Alaska.

I feel that the delivery on the S and X may not happen until after the Tesla Investor Day on 3/1, where Elon is expected to announce implementation of HW 4.0 on these cars. I'm not expecting delivery of my S until sometime after 3/1... hopefully 3/2? 😁
OTOH, maybe Tesla will announce that "all cars since mid-February have been shipping with HW4". They have done similar in the past.

I have not driven the EQS or the Lucid. I am comparing this to iDrive 5 (I think it was 5) from BMW and there are definitely some cool things in the Tesla that I have never seen before. The garage door opening, green light alert, navigate home or to work with a swipe, just to mention a few. But as far UX it is lacking. Funny you mention the phone app which is my least favorite. On the BMW I tapped the phone button on the wheel, I would see recent calls in the HUD and on the center screen. I would scroll down and tap again and call. This was a 2019 model. The Tesla shows me 3 favorites, horizontally aligned. At least list them vertically. Where are my other favorites? Look up a video about the HUD on the new Benz. Amazing. Why is the turn signal view on the bottom of the center screen? Why is it blocking a phone call view when there is one in progress? You have this gigantic screen and you have to have views compete for real estate? I don't see anything advanced or ground breaking at all. You get a big screen. Nice. It has nice graphics. It does. But UX and advanced and years ahead... nah. Even Musk said their UX is bad and it needs to be worked over.

I have not driven the EQS or the Lucid. I am comparing this to iDrive 5 (I think it was 5) from BMW and there are definitely some cool things in the Tesla that I have never seen before. The garage door opening, green light alert, navigate home or to work with a swipe, just to mention a few. But as far UX it is lacking. Funny you mention the phone app which is my least favorite. On the BMW I tapped the phone button on the wheel, I would see recent calls in the HUD and on the center screen. I would scroll down and tap again and call. This was a 2019 model. The Tesla shows me 3 favorites, horizontally aligned. At least list them vertically. Where are my other favorites? Look up a video about the HUD on the new Benz. Amazing. Why is the turn signal view on the bottom of the center screen? Why is it blocking a phone call view when there is one in progress? You have this gigantic screen and you have to have views compete for real estate? I don't see anything advanced or ground breaking at all. You get a big screen. Nice. It has nice graphics. It does. But UX and advanced and years ahead... nah. Even Musk said their UX is bad and it needs to be worked over.
How is there sales numbers? And charging network?

Who hooks their phone to the car?? I don’t.
The tesla is its own phone.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
What about the bmw turn signals never working?

• Funny
Reactions: lowtek and ICUDoc
What about the bmw turn signals never working?
Never had a problem with that. I have a ton of problem with their new design and iDrive 6 and on. Hence I am not driving one after driving maybe 15-20 of them since I was 18 pretty much. I also have a problem with the Svarowsky shift handle due to lack of ideas. I can go on bashing BMW here if you want me to. That won't make my Model S fancier.

Reactions: dgene84
He’s saying you came to a Tesla forum and started bad mouthing Teslas so you’re probably a troll hired by short sellers to sow discontent in the brand.
Ohh dude. I came to this forum to get information and give my 2 cents. You on the other hand have 1500? ... am I reading it right? fifteeeeeeeenhundred posts? Seriously dude? Noting else to do? You live here? Are you the designated champion of Elon? Ohh please. Don't you dare to say something bad about Teslas right? Because then you are a troll.

I am out. Please do continue to live in your Tesla world. Bye!

Never had a problem with that. I have a ton of problem with their new design and iDrive 6 and on. Hence I am not driving one after driving maybe 15-20 of them since I was 18 pretty much. I also have a problem with the Svarowsky shift handle due to lack of ideas. I can go on bashing BMW here if you want me to. That won't make my Model S fancier.
Coo!!!! Welcome to the future.

Ohh dude. I came to this forum to get information and give my 2 cents. You on the other hand have 1500? ... am I reading it right? fifteeeeeeeenhundred posts? Seriously dude? Noting else to do? You live here? Are you the designated champion of Elon? Ohh please. Don't you dare to say something bad about Teslas right? Because then you are a troll.

No you didn’t read that correctly.

1500 posts, doesn't sound like that much to me.

They pile on pretty quick when you are waiting 18 months for your car.

The ordering and delivery experience was bad, unnecessarily so. That's my bad mouthing of Tesla for today.