Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your thoughts about heat transmission compared to the older dark glass?
I suspect Cali is like Sydney- very f hot in summer in direct sunlight.
The original metallic tinted windscreens were MUCH better at blocking heat than the current, now I have to worry about the roof as well....

It's supposed to be the same as the previous....it's not hot here right now so I can't speak to this but previously an MYP which had the lighter glass and it handled 100 degree SoCal sun just fine so not anticipating any issues....if there are I'll tint but I highly doubt it'll be needed based in previous experience and how this one feels....

No Plaid pickup for me today. Flat rear tire on delivery, tire would take a week. I offered to swap for my same wheels (19 Tempest). Did the swap and alignment was jacked. The tried to blame the tires. I suspect some sort of hit in transit which resulting in the flat and alignment issue. I rejected the VIN and they found a similar car in transit. 507XXX vin instead of my 505XXX. Build date March 11. I agreed to take that car. Should arrive in a week or so. Waste of a few hours but risk of a damaged suspension was not worth it.
You can’t make that up!!!!! Unbelievable.

No Plaid pickup for me today. Flat rear tire on delivery, tire would take a week. I offered to swap for my same wheels (19 Tempest). Did the swap and alignment was jacked. The tried to blame the tires. I suspect some sort of hit in transit which resulting in the flat and alignment issue. I rejected the VIN and they found a similar car in transit. 507XXX vin instead of my 505XXX. Build date March 11. I agreed to take that car. Should arrive in a week or so. Waste of a few hours but risk of a damaged suspension was not worth it.

Unbelievable. I'm not surprised at the stuff I read anymore

Reactions: whenryb

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_151517411_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220529_151517411_HDR.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 167
I would reject this one or any car that had to go back to the factory, let it be somebody else's problem.

I will inspect it very closely, but in “normal” car manufacturing it’s very common for a car to to have minor issues resolved after QC checks. You just never get to know about it.

To be honest I was a bit of pain in the ass customer when they cancelled my delivery, I was already having a bad day and surprised even myself with how forthright I was with my disappointment. I am usually very chill and can’t say I wasn’t expecting some bumps in the road given what I read in here.

Having a scary British guy camped out in the lobby must have worked. (Thanks go to Hollywood for always having us play the bad guys.) I had several people phone up and apologise for the delay so will give them a chance to put it right and try to be my usual chill self with them this afternoon.

Not sure what is going on..... Ordered 1/18. Ext. Blue, Plaid. EDD March 17 to March 24.

On March 10, I called Tesla and changed to Ultra Red. Few days later, EDD changed to "March."

Today, EDD changed to April 13 - May 25.....

Getting a custom car on tesla.com still shows March '23 delivery.

Time to make some calls....

Reactions: Propofoln