Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very similar to my situation. 8/23 P85 order with estimated November delivery. 9/5 confirmation with estimated November delivery at Fremont factory. Received 9/6 call saying my delivery would actually be between 9/27 and 9/30. Website has since read "late September" delivery. Website has since read that the car has "entered the production queue." Haven't asked for or received a definitive date as of tonight.

Same for me - Ordered and Confirmed my P85+ on 8/8, estimated was early October. Got a call from my DS on 9/4 that it would be ready for pickup at Fremont on 9/26. I had a date on the website until 9/17 when it went to "late September". However, that day I also received my final delivery configuration and two days later my MVPA Final Price sheet with a "delivery on or about 9/26" date. That same night I received the "Tesla Final Payment" e-mail and I sent over my ACH to close the deal. Still no change on the website from "entered the production queue". However my DS told me that my MS went into production on 9/17. I guess the data is a little lagging!

Picked up mine last night 9/22. My boss tried to schedule a last minute meeting on me and I told him sorry but not sorry picking up my space car. His next comment... lets do lunch tomorrow then, your drive. 8)

Congrats!!! Got any pictures? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Got an email last night that my S85 would be ready for pickup today, and just confirmed a 1pm time. *Grin*

You know we will want pictures! :)

Me with my new blue S85. Also, a picture of the Dallas service center with a huge row to be delivered in the next three days.

IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG

She's in the shop getting her tint (3m Crystalline) and wrap (Xpel) done I'll get her back Thursday or Friday. Luckily they gave me a tesla loaner.

Congrats on your getting your MS! I'm hoping that my scheduled delivery on 9/26 sticks.

I'm planning on doing the same thing and get my car wrapped and tinted right after pickup. Did you have to arrange for the Tesla loaner beforehand or after your pickup? Was the process easy and accommodating? Is the shop a Tesla approved shop? I just hate the idea that I would have to wait 3 more additional days while my car gets wrapped and not be able to enjoy driving a Tesla.

Same for me - Ordered and Confirmed my P85+ on 8/8, estimated was early October. Got a call from my DS on 9/4 that it would be ready for pickup at Fremont on 9/26. I had a date on the website until 9/17 when it went to "late September". However, that day I also received my final delivery configuration and two days later my MVPA Final Price sheet with a "delivery on or about 9/26" date. That same night I received the "Tesla Final Payment" e-mail and I sent over my ACH to close the deal. Still no change on the website from "entered the production queue". However my DS told me that my MS went into production on 9/17. I guess the data is a little lagging!

Update -- I received a call and an e-mail message today confirming 9/28 delivery. MyTesla still says "late September" delivery and that the car "has entered the production queue." My DS said that my car has not yet gone into actual production as of this morning.

I received the price sheet and final payment number a few days after my 9/5 confirmation, and I made the ACH transfer today after receiving the apparently definitive delivery date.

Got our car last Friday with updated steering wheel and column. I don't see the updated mirror. They had told us we are ready to add lane assist if we choose, but I'm not sure how after seeing the back of the mirror for the person that posted pictures.

We we did get tint and PPF. And I'm happy we did. Already have a scratch on a non-PPF part but will get that fixed prior to Opticoat.

Great at car to drive. Enjoy the experience you're all about to have!

Congrats, and get ready to experience two of the longest days of your life! ;-)

^^ So true. After a 4 month wait (and still not receiving a very satisfying explanation for why), I'm *tentatively* scheduled for Saturday the 27th at 4pm. That "tentative" part has me really nervous considering my DS called and stated the car is still in production. Not sure if the DS checks the website, which is notoriously inaccurate, or if she called the factory. Either way, I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst. =\

Do any of you new car owners see the driver lane departure features and hardware in your cars?

I do not have those features on the screen. The DS hinted that I might have some hardware for future features, but it was so subtle that I didn't follow-up, especially because I hadn't seen the rumors naming the features (lane departure, etc.).

- - - Updated - - -

@seanahan So now that you're past delivery how does it feel be an Owner? :)

Pretty great.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ So true. After a 4 month wait (and still not receiving a very satisfying explanation for why), I'm *tentatively* scheduled for Saturday the 27th at 4pm.

At the Dallas Service Center, they re-iterated the point to me that they are trying to deliver all the cars at the end of the month, so with fingers crossed, you are in that group.

Delivered today! The car was in very good shape -- a couple of very minor nits that the Service Center corrected on the spot. Great to have the car, but it's off to the detailer for a few days. Oh, well.

Can you tell us more specifically about the "couple of very minor nits" so that the rest of us with imminent deliveries can look for them too? Thanks and congratulations.