Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
21" look better
19" more range, more performance, less expensive, less chance of damaging the rims

If you like 21" don't pay $4000 for Tesla factory rims. for that much money you should be able to buy a very nice set of forged wheels.
All fair points except that a very nice set of forged wheels will cost more than $4,000 and you’ll spend another couple thousand on tires. Just saying!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I placed an order for a MSP on Oct. 22 to replace my ‘18 MS70D. Super excited when they started to allow FSC to transfer. Sadly still waiting on VIN.

MSP
Solid Black
B&W int
Yoke
19” wheels
EDD: 11/18-12/23
I'd dump the joke yoke--terrible for actually controlling a vehicle in any serious manner. Not only will you save a LOT of money, you'll have a car that's far easier to drive safely.

Also, you know that black absorbs the most heat and shows the most scratches, right? Heat gain will decrease your range as the heat pump has to work that much harder to cool the car during the summer--just FYI.

Reactions: narth327
All fair points except that a very nice set of forged wheels will cost more than $4,000 and you’ll spend another couple thousand on tires. Just saying!
And over the lifetime of owning your car, you’ll pay much, much, much more for tires as they don’t last nearly as long. If you’re not planning on driving much, maybe it’s not that big a deal. For me, with 240k miles on the 85D I’m replacing, the money I’ve saved by not having 21’s is paying for my new Model S LR.

I'd dump the joke yoke--terrible for actually controlling a vehicle in any serious manner. Not only will you save a LOT of money, you'll have a car that's far easier to drive safely.

Also, you know that black absorbs the most heat and shows the most scratches, right? Heat gain will decrease your range as the heat pump has to work that much harder to cool the car during the summer--just FYI.
I had thought about getting the ultra red but now I worry that it will mess up my EDD.

i'm debating SG or black. fair comment on the heat though. Not sure if can do white as the chances of bumper body match is almost non-existent. Red or blue isn't my cup of tea either. i guess the only good thing with black is paint matching is far easier if the car needed to have paint worked on. my old MSM Y paint never matched after tesla tried fixing the paint. :-(

Red is always the way to go. :) Definitely. Love it.
Ha! I think I may just go for red. I find it too flashy, but my baby loves red so for his sake it makes sense.

sounds like your gut is saying SG. don't get red just because its the most expensive and is now free.
my gut is telling me SG too

Yea, but I feel red is easier to find in the parking lots. I don't know. I'm see-sawing on this a lot.

In the UK, SG and UR are the same price on the Model 3, $2000. Blue and Black are $1300.

That's helpful, thanks!

For new deliveries could you tell me if you hear anything around the center console? Any very light humming sound?
(does not matter whether the car is cold or hot)
I got a new car last month and I think it started to do it. My older car is quite as a mouse.
I would like to know as well. I have a humming noise that starts as soon as the car wakes up, even if you are just sitting in the car. Its actually a pump that runs constantly. The SC said the pump runs constantly on all HW4 models in order to cool the computer. According to them, its normal behavior. I would like to know if anyone with a recent delivery has the same experience. Its very annoying.

Reactions: asterothe
I would like to know as well. I have a humming noise that starts as soon as the car wakes up, even if you are just sitting in the car. Its actually a pump that runs constantly. The SC said the pump runs constantly on all HW4 models in order to cool the computer. According to them, its normal behavior. I would like to know if anyone with a recent delivery has the same experience. Its very annoying.
I have a hw4 which I'm selling but never heard this noise

I have a hw4 which I'm selling but never heard this noise
Thanks for the info. Is the car dead silent when you get in? Any noise from the car after it wakes up? Thats when my pumps start running. If I go into service mode, I can see the RPM of the pumps, which helps me validate the noise. I am hoping the SC was right about the HW4 cooling, otherwise It will never get fixed.

Thanks for the info. Is the car dead silent when you get in? Any noise from the car after it wakes up? Thats when my pumps start running. If I go into service mode, I can see the RPM of the pumps, which helps me validate the noise. I am hoping the SC was right about the HW4 cooling, otherwise It will never get fixed.
Yes, most all Tesla cars in a cold environment like VA will turn on the pumps when you wake the car. Fairly common. Nowhere near as loud as having an Ice ideal to warm up. If it bothers you just precondition the car a few minutes before you leave. It will never be dead silent while circulating the systems. Once you get going it’s a non issue. New tech new sounds.

Reactions: narth327
Yes, most all Tesla cars in a cold environment like VA will turn on the pumps when you wake the car. Fairly common. Nowhere near as loud as having an Ice ideal to warm up. If it bothers you just precondition the car a few minutes before you leave. It will never be dead silent while circulating the systems. Once you get going it’s a non issue. New tech new sounds.
I have it in CA too and it’s all the time when it’s hot or cold. And the real issue is it was quite when I bought a few days later it started.

Reactions: TheBurgerKing