Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm currently carless since I sold my 2013 MS early, so I'm going to take mine now. I was really hoping for a 2024 VIN, but I don't think it's the end of the world. I'd much rather have the rumored updates (cameras, lighting, etc). I'm still hoping that may might be the case. They made the stealth grey change before the new car year, so fingers crossed there might be some other updates...
I agree with your perspective here. What is the timeline once a VIN is assigned? What options do you have at that juncture? Newbie here.

Last edited:
VIN Assigned this morning.
MSLR
Stealth Grey
Black Interior
Yoke
21” Wheels
SoCal
Ordered 9/16

Now the BIG QUESTION! Pause for two weeks or take this one. My only hesitation is that if I don’t take this one and I get another VIN later down the road, that could be one that someone has already turned down after their inspection. BUT, two weeks from now could result in a 2024 model year. Decisions Decisions.

Any Advice??
You could always order another one and cancel your original order. That would cost you $250, but push your delivery date back further.

Reactions: ShankD
I agree with your perspective here. What is the timeline once a VIN is assigned? What options do you have at that juncture? Newbie here.
My VIN was assigned yesterday morning. The EDD is now showing 11/6-11/12. So they give you a little time to finalize your financing and insurance. It looks like I still have the option to cancel the order.

I'm a newbie to the process myself.

Reactions: chukieboy
My VIN was assigned yesterday morning. The EDD is now showing 11/6-11/12. So they give you a little time to finalize your financing and insurance. It looks like I still have the option to cancel the order.

I'm a newbie to the process myself.
Got it. Thank you for the explanation!

I’ve got an Ultra Red Model S Long Range on order. Ordered 10/20. Currently seeing 11/17-12/22 EDD. First Tesla and first EV in general.

Will this be your first EV, too?

I’ve got an Ultra Red Model S Long Range on order. Ordered 10/20. Currently seeing 11/17-12/22 EDD. First Tesla and first EV in general.

I ordered the same spec on 10/22 MSLR Ultra Red with black interior.

It'll be my first Tesla and EV as well.

I think our order might be built at the same time. Because I read somewhere that they build cars in batches of the same color.

Also all the recent updates have been on Stealth Grey VINs. So this theory adds up.

• Helpful
Reactions: chukieboy

I owned a 2013 model S and sold it to buy this. This should be just a small upgrade (insert sarcastic tone). First time buying brand new though!

I also have an Ultra Red Model S Long Range on order, ordered 10/20. My EDD is 11/10-12/1. 19”, black interior, steering wheel. Central Coast California delivery.

I ordered the same spec on 10/22 MSLR Ultra Red with black interior.

It'll be my first Tesla and EV as well.

I think our order might be built at the same time. Because I read somewhere that they build cars in batches of the same color.

Also all the recent updates have been on Stealth Grey VINs. So this theory adds up.
Awesome! We'll have siblings.
I owned a 2013 model S and sold it to buy this. This should be just a small upgrade (insert sarcastic tone). First time buying brand new though!
That's right. I remember seeing your post about the 2013 being sold. Congrats to us! 🍻
I also have an Ultra Red Model S Long Range on order, ordered 10/20. My EDD is 11/10-12/1. 19”, black interior, steering wheel. Central Coast California delivery.
Excellent. Mine is 21", black interior, steering wheel. Austin, Texas delivery. Hopefully we get VINs soon.

That’s what my son said to me when I bought my 2015 85D. What I found out was that people were averaging 9,000 miles per set of tires. The money saved after 240,000 miles driven on 19’s is paying for my new car.

Of course, most people don’t drive as much as I do.
Agree. I would personally get the stock ones and buy aftermarket 21" if I really wanted them so that I can have a set of both summer and winter tires.

Reactions: aerodyne
Ordered an MSLR on 10/17 - my first EV!
Ultra Red
Tempest Wheels
Black interior
Steering wheel
FSD

EDD was originally October-November, was recently pushed back to 11/13-12/18. What is the likelihood the car will be a 2024 model? Hoping the rumors are true and they introduce ambient lighting to the MS.