Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSLR, Ultra Red, Walnut interior, Steering Wheel, 21” wheels.

Just declined delivery today in Austin, TX. Panels alignment was quite bad, especially on the driver’s side.

So don’t be surprised if you get instant availability on your similarly spec’d order in TX )

Placed order on hold for 14 days for now..

I don’t understand why Tesla gives so little f about quality issues like that.
I saw that one on the “Earlier Pickup Available” list tonight. Thank you for the heads up. Do you have any photos of the alignment issues?

I’ve got EDD of November 17 - December 22 on my Model S Long Range Ultra Red with black interior order right now. First Tesla and I’d like to know what to look out for.

I saw that one on the “Earlier Pickup Available” list tonight. Thank you for the heads up. Do you have any photos of the alignment issues?

I’ve got EDD of November 17 - December 22 on my Model S Long Range Ultra Red with black interior order right now. First Tesla and I’d like to know what to look out for.

ALU...Always Look Under (The car)

Reactions: Rocko340
Well said. There's no incentive for buying now except to start saving on gas, lol.

I also agree with what someone else stated here about the price increase. Tesla might raise by a few thousand for these 2024 changes (if any) but they're not bringing this car back up to $140k like before...right? A few thousand above $90k really isn't all that much when you're shopping at this price point.
You never know.

Unfortunately - no photos ( We were too frustrated and just left. But if you decide to try this particular car - just look at the driver’s door alignment near the side mirror, it will be pretty easy to see.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been done before, but if a buyer had to reject a VIN due to blatant quality issues, one could post the VIN here.

I'm done with making excuses for the continued poor quality of the MS. Buyers need to push back especially at these prices, inflated by high interest rates.
Completely agree. I was thinking if requesting the same. Although I didn't known if that violates the forum rules.

I’m pretty sure they were sharing a hypothetical, not a real car.
That post didn’t look the slightest bit hypothetical to me. He even detailed a specific issue with the car. Always keep in mind, though, that what looks like horribly aligned panels to one person may not even be noticed by you.

I have no doubt that the 85D I’ve driven for close to a quarter million miles would likely be rejected by some of the posters here, even though I’ve never seen anything on the car which looks unusual to me.

Reactions: teko and Yelobird
That post didn’t look the slightest bit hypothetical to me. He even detailed a specific issue with the car. Always keep in mind, though, that what looks like horribly aligned panels to one person may not even be noticed by you.

I have no doubt that the 85D I’ve driven for close to a quarter million miles would likely be rejected by some of the posters here, even though I’ve never seen anything on the car which looks unusual to me.
Agreed and stating warning a red car is off is a FUD plecibo effect of little value. Fact is Most find no issues with a car or are willing to let them make a minor adjustment to a hinge to accommodate a concern. Others come in hunting for a reason to reject with no interest to accept hoping for a later date. This happens Every year at year end, the forum is flooded with similar plays.

The mention of red and cream car was a purely hypothetical case.

I admit, I was particular with my delivery in '22.

The SA was aware would be looking at door gaps, so when I took delivery, I found they "Fixed" the alignment issues by taking a hardened steel hammer to the door hinges.

This was the least of the problems I found. I took delivery anyway, and was happy things were not worse.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot