Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, back on topic. No model S VINs issued yet?

And can anyone confirm they can edit their config without raising prices?

Can confirm that I can edit my config from SG to any of the other colors without a price change. My order was placed on 1/16 actually just before the price increase, so it’s nice to see Tesla extending the flexibility based on order time and not just order date.

I get the feeling they're going to try the same thing on me but I have it in writing from whoever the AI bot is behind the Tesla message app that they will fix it with parts and not with duct tape or electrical tape (as much as that matters lol)

View attachment 1009924
Sooo... Got a message this afternoon that my car was ready for pickup. Checked the repair status and there were some very generic notes in the "repairs" that were done. I asked for more details. After 2 requests, someone responded and said they tried calling me today. I guess they tried but never got to it because I didn't get any calls. About 30 mins later, someone from the service center called me - really nice guy, super helpful and gave me more details from their internal system as to what the tech did. Shorenuff, repaired the rear seat latch with felt tape. So, I told the gent I was a little confused because I was assured that no tape would be used to repair it yet here we are. He is going to chat with the tech in the morning to figure out next steps. I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to end... smdh

Sooo... Got a message this afternoon that my car was ready for pickup. Checked the repair status and there were some very generic notes in the "repairs" that were done. I asked for more details. After 2 requests, someone responded and said they tried calling me today. I guess they tried but never got to it because I didn't get any calls. About 30 mins later, someone from the service center called me - really nice guy, super helpful and gave me more details from their internal system as to what the tech did. Shorenuff, repaired the rear seat latch with felt tape. So, I told the gent I was a little confused because I was assured that no tape would be used to repair it yet here we are. He is going to chat with the tech in the morning to figure out next steps. I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to end... smdh
Ah fun. At least it isn't a $140k car now. We used to complain about "tape" on a $140k car. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc and cwanja
Can confirm that I can edit my config from SG to any of the other colors without a price change. My order was placed on 1/16 actually just before the price increase, so it’s nice to see Tesla extending the flexibility based on order time and not just order date.
Hmm. Mine has said “You cannot edit design at this time” since I ordered it on 12/6.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
Only on the refresh? Did they switch to a double pane glass?
Only on the refresh, and yes, believe so. It's what causes the warping. Every. Single. Model S I've seen has warping on the front glass and rear glass. Earlier refreshes had warping on the side glass, too, but my 2022 no longer has that, and none of the newer ones I've seen do, either. But the front and rear? Not great. The rear especially where the glass meets the trunk is baaaaad when looking out the rear view mirror.

I really think you should let it go. It doesn't matter, truly.

Reactions: ICUDoc and Yelobird
That's fairly subjective. It matters a lot to me. If it didn't matter, I would not have brought it up. I would like nothing more for stupid sht like this not to bother me, but I am who I am...
Absolutely it's subjective. All I can say is you own a Tesla long enough and this felt tape on the latch will be the absolute least of your annoyances/concerns. I think I can speak for pretty much all of us when I say that.

Only on the refresh, and yes, believe so. It's what causes the warping. Every. Single. Model S I've seen has warping on the front glass and rear glass. Earlier refreshes had warping on the side glass, too, but my 2022 no longer has that, and none of the newer ones I've seen do, either. But the front and rear? Not great. The rear especially where the glass meets the trunk is baaaaad when looking out the rear view mirror.
Mine has this issue also with front and rear glass. It's not terrible but definitely noticeable.

Is there any other car manufacturer that doesn’t allow you to inspect the interior or test drive the vehicle prior to accepting delivery?
This is not a Tesla policy. One some Service Centers are doing it. My own has never restricted me from inspecting my 3 Teslas so far, inside and out. I am awaiting my 4th and I don't expect it to go any differently.