Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just the thought of having to deal with a Porsche dealer makes me queasy.
I just ordered a Porsche Cayenne S Ehybrid for my wife. Felt like concierge service so far. Had a great experience with my last Porsche too.

I have had very low expectations for my MSP order in relation to communication and service. So I will have no surprises when it comes in.

Reactions: Propofoln
Seriously, Tesla service is the worst I’ve had out of any manufacturer ever and I’ve been to three different service centers and had to wait for hours vs getting a loaner. Communication is also terrible but the people there are very nice so there’s that.

Back to the Model S update, it would be nice if Tesla offered the carbon ceramic brakes as an option at a lower price like other manufacturers. By doing this the upcharge is usually half around $8k. Instead Tesla offers the the package separately for $15k which is around what others charge if you order afterward.

Reactions: aerodyne
Except their infotainment system will still suck. And when you’re stuck in traffic, that’s really all that matters. Also, I think we’re kinda reaching the pinnacle of street usability as it is, no?

That said, I’d certainly like the driver involvement the Taycan gives you over the Model S. The handling may not be objectively worse in the S, but it’s certainly subjectively worse.

Then again, no one-pedal driving in the Porsches. Ugh. Can’t have it all.
It may not suck, if the new Macan EV and the Taycan get the new expanded Apple Carplay infotainment system coming this year. Porsche and Aston Martin are supposed to be the first to get it. Looks sweet for an Apple person.

I am not big fan of Tesla’s infotainment system. No where close to how BMW iDrive does it.

Tempted to get a Macan if the range is really 378 (no epa yet though) and has the new Carplay. Think the Macan EV looks sweet. Even has a new HUD system which looks awesome.

Reactions: Propofoln
Retooling the line I hope for some changes.
I don't think they are going through an official retool because they are still building model S just at a snails pace. You can see them scattered throughout the flyover video and they are almost always next to an X. If they were retooling I wouldn't expect to see any model S.

Also, looking through some of the online sites like Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners we can see that they are trickling out Model S cars.

Unfortunately, none of the 2024 builds have been Plaid. I'd like to think that this is due to some subtle change like the seat upgrade which wouldn't need a retool of the assembly line but at this point it is all guesswork.

I don't think they are going through an official retool because they are still building model S just at a snails pace. You can see them scattered throughout the flyover video and they are almost always next to an X. If they were retooling I wouldn't expect to see any model S.

Also, looking through some of the online sites like Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners we can see that they are trickling out Model S cars.

Unfortunately, none of the 2024 builds have been Plaid. I'd like to think that this is due to some subtle change like the seat upgrade which wouldn't need a retool of the assembly line but at this point it is all guesswork.
I WONT MIND IF IT'S MORE THAN JUST A SUBTLE CHANGE THO

I just ordered a Porsche Cayenne S Ehybrid for my wife. Felt like concierge service so far. Had a great experience with my last Porsche too.

I have had very low expectations for my MSP order in relation to communication and service. So I will have no surprises when it comes in.

‘My Taycan had to go to dealer for some under carriage panel that got hit on a big speed bump probably. They drove out to my house, dropped off a Macan loaner, picked my car up and called me when jf arrived at dealer. Sent me a video showing damage on the lift also. That’s service! Tesla needs to up their game, and quit relying on app communication

‘My Taycan had to go to dealer for some under carriage panel that got hit on a big speed bump probably. They drove out to my house, dropped off a Macan loaner, picked my car up and called me when jf arrived at dealer. Sent me a video showing damage on the lift also. That’s service! Tesla needs to up their game, and quit relying on app communication
For Tesla, its turtles all the way down.

Been lurking here for a while. I placed an order for MSP a little while back and it's confirmed from a source inside Tesla that our steering wheels will have center horns. No delivery date yet for me but this is good news.
I can't believe the number of posts we've had about center horns. A feature that literally every other car has. 😅

Been unregistered on this site until today, actively in this thread daily for 4 months now. Ordered a Model S in October after my local store rep said that timing would line up with a 2024 VIN. As we all know, that didn't happen. Last week, I stumbled upon a great local deal on a late 2022 Plaid w/ Arachnids and EAP for $72k. Jumped all over that and have been loving it. Glad the 2024 models got delayed so much, otherwise I wouldn't have ended up with a Plaid! Absolutely love this car, my only issue is the suspension feels too bouncy no matter what mode I try. Will dig deeper in other threads, but any insight would be much appreciated.

Been unregistered on this site until today, actively in this thread daily for 4 months now. Ordered a Model S in October after my local store rep said that timing would line up with a 2024 VIN. As we all know, that didn't happen. Last week, I stumbled upon a great local deal on a late 2022 Plaid w/ Arachnids and EAP for $72k. Jumped all over that and have been loving it. Glad the 2024 models got delayed so much, otherwise I wouldn't have ended up with a Plaid! Absolutely love this car, my only issue is the suspension feels too bouncy no matter what mode I try. Will dig deeper in other threads, but any insight would be much appreciated.
Good deal. I think if my order goes south, I'm looking at a few '21 red Plaids with 21" wheels and FSD for $70k.

I guess make sure you have the latest updates, the suspension was supposedly fixed in later updates. Try track mode as well. It definitely stiffens up the suspension a lot. If it doesn't, something is broken.

n2mb_racing, I'd encourage you to target a post mid-2022 model is possible. The better headlights, fixed charging door, 16GB MCU (for Steam), tiltable front screen, and higher res rear screen are all worthwhile additions. And, based on my research over the past few months, usually not much pricier than a similar mileage 2021 model.

Thanks for the tips. Running the latest updates, yeah. I guess I could try track mode for a regular drive...any downside in using it in track mode for daily driving?

Reactions: phantasms
n2mb_racing, I'd encourage you to target a post mid-2022 model is possible. The better headlights, fixed charging door, 16GB MCU (for Steam), tiltable front screen, and higher res rear screen are all worthwhile additions. And, based on my research over the past few months, usually not much pricier than a similar mileage 2021 model.

Thanks for the tips. Running the latest updates, yeah. I guess I could try track mode for a regular drive...any downside in using it in track mode for daily driving?
Thanks. Yeah, those are nice upgrades that I missed when I owned a '21. Mainly the headlights. Though around me, people seem to want $83k for a '22, which is insane.

Downside of track mode is no navigation and it has excessive power consumption from pre-cooling the battery, etc. It's not usuable for daily driving, but you could test if the suspension works by switching it on.

• Helpful
Reactions: adcustom
Here are all the 2024 Model S in inventory. No plaids yet.