Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they will be increasing price, I think price might even go down. The market does not look so hot for these vehicles. They are trying to squeeze little more with the color pricing, but I think they need to lower the price to $69.9

Per earning call...The next gen, low cost vehicle will be designed, and made in Austin. "Elon time" production schedule starts end of '25.

So, new development should not tax resources in Fremont, and MS and MX production.

Possibly less effort to be spent on modernization of legacy platforms.

They technically did by charging for all colors not stealth grey. I think that's what they're referring to with price increase.
All this speculation about pricing strategy and Elon's thinking etc. is very interesting but we are not seeing any actual USA ships with '24 VINs and that is what most people monitoring this thread are interested in. Any new news on this?

Man, they really, really want to shoehorn you into 2023! Relentless!
haha. No. I was just asking them if the '23 Plaid was still available. They confirmed it was sold and this is the only one in inventory right now. I think that means I am safe taking my order off hold and I won't have to worry about getting the same '23 again....

Also, that demo car has previous damage or was a buyback car... So, not nearly enough discount....

Reactions: AMPd and zoomer0056
So now that my order is placed, what is the best strategy for dragging things out? The app wants me to do the usual steps in order to avoid a delay. How many days is safe before it could become an issue?
I think about 5 days. You'll get progressively more aggressive messages at 11am EST. I ordered Jan 1, got the final message below Jan 5. Though, I'm not sure why you want to drag things out now. I think there's no risk of getting a 2023 now... (Crosses fingers).
1706199884178.png

I think about 5 days. You'll get progressively more aggressive messages at 11am EST. I ordered Jan 1, got the final message below Jan 5. Though, I'm not sure why you want to drag things out now. I think there's no risk of getting a 2023 now... (Crosses fingers).

Not in a rush. More interested in getting some of the rumored changes. Also, I can't pay for it until March 1st. All my liquid cash that isn't in the market is laddered up in treasuries. Next maturity date is 3/1. I could sell on the open market but then it's short term cap gains rather than ordinary income which means I'd pay California income tax on it.

Not in a rush. More interested in getting some of the rumored changes. Also, I can't pay for it until March 1st. All my liquid cash that isn't in the market is laddered up in treasuries. Next maturity date is 3/1. I could sell on the open market but then it's short term cap gains rather than ordinary income which means I'd pay California income tax on it.
Good reason. I'd like to have a car to drive.... I've been without one since Nov 10. My cash from my buyback is sitting in a high interest savings account, ready to go. Still debating if I should do a car loan. Probably not, but I might be able to invest the money and come out ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
Don't wait too long. I've been waiting to place my order for a 24 for a long time. Finally placed my order Dec 15th.

Now I have all this downtime and I start looking up other EVs, which is stupid. I'm going to go ahead and block the Porsche Macan Turbo website from my computer...... (Range 380)

Don't wait too long. I've been waiting to place my order for a 24 for a long time. Finally placed my order Dec 15th.

Now I have all this downtime and I start looking up other EVs, which is stupid. I'm going to go ahead and block the Porsche Macan Turbo website from my computer...... (Range 380)

Ha. Same. Pretty soon the Taycan GT will launch and those of us with Model S Plaids will be drooling.

Ha. Same. Pretty soon the Taycan GT will launch and those of us with Model S Plaids will be drooling.
Except their infotainment system will still suck. And when you’re stuck in traffic, that’s really all that matters. Also, I think we’re kinda reaching the pinnacle of street usability as it is, no?

That said, I’d certainly like the driver involvement the Taycan gives you over the Model S. The handling may not be objectively worse in the S, but it’s certainly subjectively worse.

Then again, no one-pedal driving in the Porsches. Ugh. Can’t have it all.

Reactions: teko
Except their infotainment system will still suck.

Tesla's infotainment has kind of sucked since they broke USB local music indexing, folder navigation, and sticky list positioning when lefting out...plus they turned the grid of albums with the local artwork into a linear text list. Been broken since 2019. V8 was their best firmware. It's been downhill ever since with feature after feature either removed, broken, or degraded.

Reactions: calm-one
The GT model will be unobtainable for most not to mention probably 300k with the right options. I’m guessing 750hp with an “overboost” function. Won’t be quicker than Plaid.

And that's not Porche's goal anyways. It's about handling and driving experience. It'll be a superior track car with superior fit and finish in every way you can imagine.

Reactions: NeuroRad