Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh interesting - i've never reached out to them by app. They've aways texted me from some number.
Almost always better to talk to a human, but they are usually responsive in the app. I think in my case they don't really have an answer for me because they aren't informed. They should still respond to inquiries though even if they are vague and non-helpful to at least acknowledge the customer. Looks like things are moving though so there's light at the end of the tunnel for all of us!

^^^This

In the past, Tesla has been quick to update the order and inventory pages. If they actually have EPA approval on the MS LR range things should be updated with a few clicks.

Meanwhile, no Tesla mfg range test data on EPA site, not to mention no cert of compliance. These items should be in place first before Monroney.

Then, last but not least, this statement by Tesla SA that Freemont is printing the Monroney and sending it by snail mail? I know some stores are pretty spartan looking, but I'm sure they have printers. It just does not smell right.

I'm not too optimistic about LR deliveries tommorow. Just hope no-one makes a long drive only to be told come back later..
Agree and hope to be wrong but my EDD (with VIN assigned) slips a day, each day. There has yet to be any “hard” official confirmation of the EPA hold getting lifted. Only “we’re told” and “we anticipate” and just rank speculation.

^^^This

In the past, Tesla has been quick to update the order and inventory pages. If they actually have EPA approval on the MS LR range things should be updated with a few clicks.

Meanwhile, no Tesla mfg range test data on EPA site, not to mention no cert of compliance. These items should be in place first before Monroney.

Then, last but not least, this statement by Tesla SA that Freemont is printing the Monroney and sending it by snail mail? I know some stores are pretty spartan looking, but I'm sure they have printers. It just does not smell right.

I'm not too optimistic about LR deliveries tommorow. Just hope no-one makes a long drive only to be told come back later..
With my delivery scheduled for today, we'll know soon enough.

With my delivery scheduled for today, we'll know soon enough.
Home delivery, or store?

Usually in testing a vehicle, conformity certs come first, then the test.

As of this AM, for the '24 LR, there is not even a conformity cert on the EPA portal, much less test docs.

If they would not allow delivery, I'd be curious if they would open the car and switch display from percent and energy, and tell you the numbers.

Assuming 70% SoC, a range number of 280 would be a RR of 400 at 100%.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: fupito
That’s about same as mine. My full matte PPF and ceramic tinted windows was $6500.

With multiple people saying they were more or less told the EPA issue "was resolved" yesterday, I decided to reach back out and see if my SC would move me back to my original pickup of tomorrow. They just sent me a reply saying the car is on site and ready to go, and gave me a link to schedule an earlier pickup time.
I just did the same thing with Nashville SC but was told I couldn’t receive delivery until my delivery appointment which is Sunday (3/3), even though the car has been sitting there in the lot since 2/16.

I just did the same thing with Nashville SC but was told I couldn’t receive delivery until my delivery appointment which is Sunday (3/3), even though the car has been sitting there in the lot since 2/16.
That sucks, only thing I could imagine is if they've already booked all the other spots before then. South GA doesn't have a ton of EV's, so my nearest SC is pretty open as far as availability. It's also an hour drive, so I will definitely be calling them tomorrow before I leave. I don't want to spend 2 hours driving for nothing.

Reactions: zoomer0056
ex ex
I have never owned a Tesla before. I ordered MSLR on Dec 16th. Still no VIN and delivery date keeps changing. I contacted customer service yesterday. They told me about the EPA hold but said it was just lifted (yesterday). I also started looking at other cars yesterday. I am losing my patience and I really need a car.
yeah I can’t say I blame you. That’s ridiculous

I have never owned a Tesla before. I ordered MSLR on Dec 16th. Still no VIN and delivery date keeps changing. I contacted customer service yesterday. They told me about the EPA hold but said it was just lifted (yesterday). I also started looking at other cars yesterday. I am losing my patience and I really need a car.
I understand where you’re coming from. I have my 4th Tesla on order. FWIW even with all the frustrations with customer service and build quality, I cannot imagine driving something different. Teslas are dope.