Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe I read something here about an issue with chipping behind the rear wheels and people have PPF applied.

My shop that normally handles this thought it was in front of the rear wheels and asked me to confirm.

Can anyone provide advice on where they have added PPF in the rear to help minimize paint chips?

I believe I read something here about an issue with chipping behind the rear wheels and people have PPF applied.

My shop that normally handles this thought it was in front of the rear wheels and asked me to confirm.

Can anyone provide advice on where they have added PPF in the rear to help minimize paint chips?
I would recommend mud flaps at least on the front on these cars. Doing front and rear… I know.. I know 🫤. That’s in addition to full PPF. We drive a lot miles though.
PPF in front of the rear tires would be the absolute minimum. If that’s a person wants to I would think hard about doing the whole door panel.

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
Things seem to be moving quickly for me.

MSLR/blue/white/19"/wheel, transferring FUSC/FSD

2/6 - Ordered over the phone. EDD Feb to March
2/15 - EDD changed to Feb 29 to March 31
2/26 - EDD changed to Mar 4 to 25
2/28 - VIN assigned, Vision agreement accepted, EDD changed to Mar 1 to 8
2/29 - Asked to schedule delivery
3/4 - Currently scheduled for pick up at local delivery center (tho I had selected home delivery in the app)

For those curious, last night when they assigned my VIN, it asked me to upload my insurance document but didn't indicate anything about needing the new VIN so I uploaded my current instance, which appears to have been accepted.

How is the paint quality of the Model S been lately? I'm taking it straight from delivery to a nearby shop to get a tint and the front half wrapped in PPF (a full wrap is just too much money right now) then they are going to ceramic the rest of the car.

I'm thinking to NOT trade in my current S at delivery and instead either sell private party or maybe try something like CarMax or Carvana. Any suggestions on the best dealership to attempt a trade-in in Southern California? Tesla offered me 26k for my mid-2018 S 75D with 38k miles. What's curious is that was the price that included keeping FSD Beta on the car then, when I reminded them I was transferring both FUSC and FSD, a new quote appeared later showing the same price but, specifically calling out that FUSC/FSD was transferring to the new car, so I guess they give FSD a value of $0?

I would recommend mud flaps at least on the front on these cars. Doing front and rear… I know.. I know 🫤. That’s in addition to full PPF. We drive a lot miles though.
PPF in front of the rear tires would be the absolute minimum. If that’s a person wants to I would think hard about doing the whole door panel.
I have had good luck with just the front Tesla mud flaps. However, on a gently driven LR always in chill. No need add PPF over the factory stuff on the rear.

Reactions: Yelobird

3/4 - Currently scheduled for pick up at local delivery center (tho I had selected home delivery in the app)

For those curious, last night when they assigned my VIN, it asked me to upload my insurance document but didn't indicate anything about needing the new VIN so I uploaded my current instance, which appears to have been accepted.

How is the paint quality of the Model S been lately?
paint is Meh...as of '22. But only three very small chips on hood and fenders so far. Suggest just doing the lights and front bumper cover and maybe mirror caps. with the heaviest stuff you can get such as Xpel 10. I think this will make the car look better.
I'm taking it straight from delivery to a nearby shop to get a tint and the front half wrapped in PPF (a full wrap is just too much money right now) then they are going to ceramic the rest of the car.
I think you can ceramic and maybe do the hood and mirror caps yourself with a kit to save money.
I'm thinking to NOT trade in my current S at delivery and instead either sell private party or maybe try something like CarMax or Carvana. Any suggestions on the best dealership to attempt a trade-in in Southern California?
Autonation, but really in SoCal, try Craigslist, autotrader, Facebook market place. I wish I had a clean 75D with sunroof and a light Oak interior
Tesla offered me 26k for my mid-2018 S 75D with 38k miles.
Tesla offers are usually lower than anyone else.
What's curious is that was the price that included keeping FSD Beta on the car then, when I reminded them I was transferring both FUSC and FSD, a new quote appeared later showing the same price but, specifically calling out that FUSC/FSD was transferring to the new car, so I guess they give FSD a value of $0?
Maybe that's what's is worth😁

• Funny
Reactions: rfmurphy81
Me: waiting on a VIN or any communication from Tesla since early December
FINALLY get a text from Tesla
Tesla: 😒

Attachments

• IMG_7721.png
    IMG_7721.png
    434.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Funny
Reactions: fupito
The saga continues. Finally got a response back from Tesla after over 2 weeks that just read 'Still waiting on factory.' Then 30 minutes later my order completely disappears from my Tesla account. Fun times! I'm sure this just means I'm being moved around in the system but funny nonetheless.

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''

Original EDD Dec 2023-Jan 2024
12/15/23 - Jan 3-Feb 14
01/04/24 - Feb 3-Mar 16
02/05/24 - Feb 16-Mar 22
02/16/24 - Feb 25-Mar 31
02/26/24 - Feb 29-Mar 21
02/29/24 - order disappears into the abyss

How is the paint quality of the Model S been lately? I'm taking it straight from delivery to a nearby shop to get a tint and the front half wrapped in PPF (a full wrap is just too much money right now) then they are going to ceramic the rest of the car.

I'm thinking to NOT trade in my current S at delivery and instead either sell private party or maybe try something like CarMax or Carvana. Any suggestions on the best dealership to attempt a trade-in in Southern California? Tesla offered me 26k for my mid-2018 S 75D with 38k miles. What's curious is that was the price that included keeping FSD Beta on the car then, when I reminded them I was transferring both FUSC and FSD, a new quote appeared later showing the same price but, specifically calling out that FUSC/FSD was transferring to the new car, so I guess they give FSD a value of $0?
We tried a few of those services like CarMax or Carvana for our trade in M3LR that we currently have. Their quotes were less than Tesla and even if they were higher than Tesla we would have lost out on the sales tax savings by not trading in to Tesla. Do you have a trade in tax credit policy in your state?

I know the product is good since I have owned a Tesla before, but if I hadn't I would've gone a different route by now. It does say a lot about the product and/or blind loyalty of their base with how poor of customer service and communication they can get away with.
Such a true statement. I'm trying to find another comparison in my life where I've accepted such poor customer service yet kept brand loyalty because of the product. I can't find one. I do believe they will figure it out though. So much innovation in a short timeframe across the car buying, service, insurance and energy experience. It truly is remarkable. Maybe that's why?

The saga continues. Finally got a response back from Tesla after over 2 weeks that just read 'Still waiting on factory.' Then 30 minutes later my order completely disappears from my Tesla account. Fun times! I'm sure this just means I'm being moved around in the system but funny nonetheless.

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''

Original EDD Dec 2023-Jan 2024
12/15/23 - Jan 3-Feb 14
01/04/24 - Feb 3-Mar 16
02/05/24 - Feb 16-Mar 22
02/16/24 - Feb 25-Mar 31
02/26/24 - Feb 29-Mar 21
02/29/24 - order disappears into the abyss
Both of my orders completely disappeared from my Tesla account... app and online

• Informative
Reactions: fupito
We tried a few of those services like CarMax or Carvana for our trade in M3LR that we currently have. Their quotes were less than Tesla and even if they were higher than Tesla we would have lost out on the sales tax savings by not trading in to Tesla. Do you have a trade in tax credit policy in your state?
Unfortunately, not in California to my awareness. :(

Reactions: ScarletKnight
So far no driving issues. No 38 to 50 mph vibration. Haven't been up to 80 but did hit 75 briefly on the freeway.

The active noise cancellation is working way better than it did on the X. I wonder if there was some improvement since 2022? There's a pretty drastic difference between toggling it on and off.

• Love
Reactions: geminus