Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know. Nuts. I have delivery tomorrow.

100% agreed. But Tesla is clearly trying to clear stock with the FSD transfer offer, and other freebies.

No point, if you ask me. You rolls the dice, you pays your money etc. But I'd wait if there's no special FSD incentive or whatever.
I understand. I can always reject the car, but I kinda want to get this process over with and move on.

My build date was March 2nd with delivery a week from today on 3/19…pretty sure I’ll miss the upgrades. I need a car though so will accept unless there’s something egregious in my walk around.
That's how I'm feeling as well. If a retrofit ever becomes available I'll consider it but sounds like it's a whole new bumper so I'd have to also include the cost of new PPF.

Reactions: RyanC1384
I just made a fresh order to improve my chances of getting the updates while maintaining the FSD and supercharging transfer. 250$ is pretty minor if that is a valuable feature for you.

Also I expect the retrofit to be unreasonably expensive based on needing a whole new fascia that you pray is reasonably color matched to your car.
Why did you place a new order without waiting for confirmed changes?

My build date was March 2nd with delivery a week from today on 3/19…pretty sure I’ll miss the upgrades. I need a car though so will accept unless there’s something egregious in my walk around.
I'm in nearly the same spot. I do have an old ICE car so for me, "need" is a bit strong of a word. However, we're planning a trip at the end of March so it would be really nice to have the car before then. But like you, if the car is too bad, I will reject. Front camera would be nice but I'm willing to skip that.

I've been waiting roughly 10 years for the next Great New Upgrade. I was expecting a MS w/ 4680 cells at some point - I originally ordered a MSP+. With my luck, I expect that will happen a few weeks after I take delivery. :rolleyes: But I'm done waiting.

After all, when I ordered Dec 1, I was hoping / expecting to get it before the end of '23 which was long before I heard about the front bumper camera.

To those few of you survived a bad MS or MSP sample to the point of a Tesla buy back.

If you knew what you now know about Tesla service and buy back, what steps would you have taken to have made it easier - less stressful regarding resolution?

Asking, as the only report on TMC regarding a slew of active alert codes today that my 500 mile MSP delivered in Jan ended with the OP claiming it ended in a buy back offer.

Loved the $8,569 cost estimate for this.

My story on this thread: Bunch of error codes just appeared app_w009, tas_a313, di_a222, di_a246, di_a223, etc

Really curious to know survivor advice from those who experienced/lived thru buy back.

Thanks

To those few of you survived a bad MS or MSP sample to the point of a Tesla buy back.

If you knew what you now know about Tesla service and buy back, what steps would you have taken to have made it easier - less stressful regarding resolution?

Asking, as the only report on TMC regarding a slew of active alert codes today that my 500 mile MSP delivered in Jan ended with the OP claiming it ended in a buy back offer.

My story on this thread: Bunch of error codes just appeared app_w009, tas_a313, di_a222, di_a246, di_a223, etc

Really curious to know survivor advice from those who experienced/lived thru buy back.

Thanks
@WilliamG is the main one that comes to mind.

• Helpful
Reactions: WilliamG
They’re pretty lenient about the first rejection. Besides, panel alignment on MS is often imperfect 😉
Easy. Just reject it for the rear hatch alignment that is 99.9% guaranteed to be off, so your tail lights look like ass. Even in that video just posted...

It's freaking embarrassing that the new S tails have been out close to 2 years now, and they still can't align the bodywork properly. And no, this isn't fixable with the little rubber stops that you can rotate. I don't see any other cars, at any other price point, with a botched tail light alignment as bad as the refresh S.

1710295087812.png

And here was one at the Seattle delivery center a couple of weeks ago when I was there. That right side is so bad, and the left side is only marginally better. Now, I do, on VERY rare occasion see an aligned hatch, but it's exceptionally rare.

1710295225741.png

And another from the Internet (pre-production but no different from many I see on the road). How does Tesla says yep, this is great, - ship it!

1710295571552.png

Oh, and the pièce de résistance, - you just know Tesla doesn't give a flying banana when their own ads show how bad this is...

1710295745022.png

Last edited:

Thanks
It's a pain, takes ages, and will cost you your sanity to a great degree. That's the short of it. I can't think of any steps I would have taken to have made it easier, because you just go through the process over and over, and it has to be pretty bad for them to agree. Once they agreed, though, the process was pretty swift.

Easy. Just reject it for the rear hatch alignment that is 99.9% guaranteed to be off, so your tail lights look like ass. Even in that video just posted...

It's freaking embarrassing that the new S tails have been out close to 2 years now, and they still can't align the bodywork properly. And no, this isn't fixable with the little rubber stops that you can rotate. I don't see any other cars, at any other price point, with a botched tail light alignment as bad as the refresh S.

View attachment 1027276

And here was one at the Seattle delivery center a couple of weeks ago when I was there. That right side is so bad, and the left side is only marginally better. Now, I do, on VERY rare occasion see an aligned hatch, but it's exceptionally rare.

View attachment 1027278

And another from the Internet (pre-production but no different from many I see on the road). How does Tesla says yep, this is great, - ship it!

View attachment 1027279

Oh, and the pièce de résistance, - you just know Tesla doesn't give a flying banana when their own ads show how bad this is...

View attachment 1027280
Yup “imperfect” is generous. My hatch panel gaps and alignment are atrocious, as are most others I’ve seen. The Highlands I’ve seen are miles better.

Reactions: WilliamG
It's a pain, takes ages, and will cost you your sanity to a great degree. That's the short of it. I can't think of any steps I would have taken to have made it easier, because you just go through the process over and over, and it has to be pretty bad for them to agree. Once they agreed, though, the process was pretty swift.
A few questions:

What documentation is the most effective in support of this process?

Does lemon law get brought up, or is this independant of that path - option?

What happens with regards to add-ons and taxes? e.g. FUSC or FSD, or physical add-ons like PPF? e.g. State sales taxes are considered, are not considered in a buy back value?