Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. Distorted view through the rear view mirror. I've test driven a lot of MS in 2023 and they all seemed similar. I assumed it as more of a design or angle thing. Two and half weeks since my delivery, I don't find myself noticing it much.
My nov delivery has slight distortion. I rarely look out the rear windshield. My wife notices it more than I do. I’m not bother or concerned

While I appreciate the lack of haggling, I'll have to say that traditional new and used car dealers are much better at communicating! I have been researching every used red plaid S for sale on the east coast and they are all fantastically responsive. Quick email or text and they get back to you right away with whatever information you want. What a concept, customer service if you want to sell a nearly 100k car....
No doubt the sales people at traditional sellers are all over buyers, even on the $30K car she bought. You just have to be focused when they're pitching you model upgrades, a vehicle off their lot, financing/leasing options, clear bras and extended warranties! They weren't too thrilled when I hit them with $0 adds and cash purchase which took a chunk out of their margin.

While I appreciate the lack of haggling, I'll have to say that traditional new and used car dealers are much better at communicating! I have been researching every used red plaid S for sale on the east coast and they are all fantastically responsive. Quick email or text and they get back to you right away with whatever information you want. What a concept, customer service if you want to sell a nearly 100k car....
Honestly though, tech companies are not known for providing great customer service. The Software Engineers apparently know what we want and are never wrong, so no need for customer service /s

Eventually they will have to evolve if they want to expand Tesla to non-tech car buyers. This is my first Tesla and I want to test it out. I live in Silicon Valley and it should be easy to sell it if I don't want it.

TeslaPlaid.jpg

My new Plaid. 🥰

sorry for the bad pic. :)

Red Multicoat with cream interior, early 2023 model (has USS).. Yoke wheel, which I count as a plus.

It was a demo car with 13000km. 24000€ below MSRP. Cheaper than a new LR. It still counts as a "new car" though as I am the first registered owner. But current Tesla warranty rules say that demo car warranty starts when car is registered, so I have already lost one year and 13000km of warranty.

Summer tires are 21" Arachnids which I plan to sell..

I was first a bit sad that I got the "old" red color and not the newer Ultra Red. But then I realized that Red Multicoat was always a +3000€ option while Ultra Red is currently at no extra cost, so I think this older red is actually much more rare.

Last edited:
View attachment 1029714

My new Plaid. 🥰

Red Multicoat with cream interior, early 2023 model (has USS).. Yoke wheel, which I count as a plus.

It was a demo car with 13000km. 24000€ below MSRP. Cheaper than a new LR. It still counts as a "new car" though as I am the first registered owner. But current Tesla warranty rules say that demo car warranty starts when car is registered, so I have already lost one year and 13000km of warranty.

I was first a bit sad that I got the "old" red color and not the newer Ultra Red. But then I realized that Red Multicoat was always a +3000€ option while Ultra Red is currently at no extra cost, so I think this older red is actually much more rare.
Congratulations on the car! That's a pretty crazy discount on a demo Plaid, we barely get any discounts in North America.

Congratulations on the car! That's a pretty crazy discount on a demo Plaid, we barely get any discounts in North America.
Our first Tesla was a 2017 75D X showroom demo with 50 miles. They knocked off $12k! And replaced the slightly worn driver’s seat. Unlimited super charging and free premium connectivity. Not so much now but I’m transferring my FSD from my 3 and the unlimited supercharging on the aging X for the S I ordered. We paid $2k for FSD for the X and $7k for FSD on the 3.

14th EDD change just happened, I have entered my EDD range now 14 times. Went from yesterday-Mar 31 to now Mar 24-31. Don’t expect it to happen either. Hoping for April as a possibility….

I'm right there with you. STILL NO VIN and my EDD was pushed a few days out from yours. Again, I have ZERO faith that it will arrive this month or in time to receive the 5000 free supercharging miles. Order date Dec. 8th, 2023. MSLR|SG|Ebony Inerior|19"Wheels|Steering Wheel|FSD.>>>Double... no Triple checked inventory and nothing matches my config in route or within 200 miles.
Screenshot 2024-03-19 161128.png

View attachment 1029714

My new Plaid. 🥰

Congrats good purchase. Curious you note summer 21” tires but those look like standard 19” plastic cap tires?

View attachment 1029714

My new Plaid. 🥰

Congrats! Although the new Ultra Red is nice, I personally refer the old Red Multicoat. The color just pops imo.

Tesla has just updated the Model S EDD to Mar-Apr on the website. The renders of the front bumper and interior remain unchanged. If upgrades are gonna happen, it likely won’t be until Q2 (predictably).
if at all this year. our hopes depend on one person (out of thousands of people there) saying 'its coming'.

April's excuse will be "well, they found an extra shipment of the old bumpers in a storage room so they have to go through those first" lol