Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S existing inventory and pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Los Angeles market, there are wildly varying discounts on inventory cars. Yesterday they put -$11k on a MSM plaid that sold fairly quick. I believe they are testing the market response to different price points, as the static -$7500 did not seem to motivate a lot of sales. I am still watching and waiting.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
In the Los Angeles market, there are wildly varying discounts on inventory cars. Yesterday they put -$11k on a MSM plaid that sold fairly quick. I believe they are testing the market response to different price points, as the static -$7500 did not seem to motivate a lot of sales. I am still watching and waiting.
Same here, they had a $10k discount on a Red/Blk and Blue/White LR and they were literally gone in 30mins.

The $7500 new inventory discount literally disappeared as I finally decided to push the order button on Friday afternoon. I had all the info filled out, but had to step away for bit, came back and boom, gone.

In the whirlwind of frustration and emotional decision making that followed over the next day, I placed an order for one of the few remaining discounted demo Model Ss (10K off), but then ended up cancelling it and buying a Sept 2022 white on black with 19" (the config I wanted) with 2K miles and FSD for 74K at a Audi dealership near by because it felt like a better deal. At least relative to the 121K that the original paid for it in Sept.

Now I have to sell my 2015 P85D+ that I'm realizing I'm very attached to, so I have some buyers regret. For sale post coming soon, but which car will it actually be? Hmm....:confused:

Reactions: CleanDemon
The $7500 new inventory discount literally disappeared as I finally decided to push the order button on Friday afternoon. I had all the info filled out, but had to step away for bit, came back and boom, gone.

In the whirlwind of frustration and emotional decision making that followed over the next day, I placed an order for one of the few remaining discounted demo Model Ss (10K off), but then ended up cancelling it and buying a Sept 2022 white on black with 19" (the config I wanted) with 2K miles and FSD for 74K at a Audi dealership near by because it felt like a better deal. At least relative to the 121K that the original paid for it in Sept.

Now I have to sell my 2015 P85D+ that I'm realizing I'm very attached to, so I have some buyers regret. For sale post coming soon, but which car will it actually be? Hmm....:confused:
I feel you. I’ve been eyeing the inventory models for a few months now. Really bummed that they axed the discount and the 3 year supercharging incentive. Its a near 10k increase on inventory prices overnight.

I guess the Model S is selling really well otherwise they wouldn’t raise prices.

I feel you. I’ve been eyeing the inventory models for a few months now. Bummed that they axed the discount and the 3-year supercharging incentive. It's a near 10k increase on inventory prices overnight.

I guess the Model S is selling really well otherwise they wouldn’t raise prices.
What was stopping you from getting it last month? I really think the $7500 discount plus the 3 years free supercharger was a good deal and I didn't blinked.

I pulled the trigger and have some regret. Did get the 7500 off, plus another 1K for loyalty, 3 years SC, and 3 mo FSD (not sure this works though). Several defects on the car that I was so surprised about, as my prior S did not have as significant gap defects, the trunk is misaligned on one side, it is uneven. There is the wind noise I had on my old MS that took consistent complaints until, finally a skilled individual was able to fix it. The is some noise too when driving and when stationary that is obscured by loud music. Also, I was supposed to get the 20000 referral points, but despite working with the manager, I think we did this incorrectly so I did not receive despite the promise, and the 6 year supercharging that I am supposed to get with removing from my ole MS, is not posted yet.... I think I am getting some Tesla store credits, not sure how to purchase, or sell them on this website for a discount. Maybe some tesla swag?

What was stopping you from getting it last month? I really think the $7500 discount plus the 3 years free supercharger was a good deal and I didn't blinked.
Honestly I thought they would cut prices a bit more.

This is the first time I will be spending this much on a car after being out of the car market for nearly 20 years. Just wanted to get the best deal I could and the 3 year incentive didnt really appeal to me as I would be charging from home most of the time.

Reactions: Michael24

This is the first time I will be spending this much on a car after being out of the car market for nearly 20 years. Just wanted to get the best deal I could and the 3 year incentive didnt really appeal to me as I would be charging from home most of the time.

This was actually my thinking as well, along with a dose of indecision.

Fair enough. It took me 10 years before joining in ngl. It worked for me now since I live in an area that has 12 superchargers now within 15 minutes. That was a no brainer for my part. If you don’t use supercharger, might as well wait for the killer deal, set up your build and how much are you willing to pay for it. Don’t look into the discount, focus on the OTD you wanna pay then pull the trigger. I’m fortunate enough that the car I got has no issues at all. One thing that surprised me though is I got the summer tires instead of the all season ones. I’m not complaining since I prefer soft tires anyways, it’s actually a bonus for me. Lol

Given that I see more inventory cars in Atlanta than I did about a month ago, I’m guessing there are going to be better deals in September, maybe even FUSC

Reactions: mlambert890
Given that I see more inventory cars in Atlanta than I did about a month ago, I’m guessing there are going to be better deals in September, maybe even FUSC

I hope so! FUSC would be an awesome incentive.

Is your logic that September is near the end of the quarter so the incentives may come back again?

Also, does anyone in this thread have any experience with selling a used car privately not through trade in? How much would you pay to NOT have to deal with privately selling your car. I have never sold a car used and I am just curious if it’s worth the extra couple thousand i might be able to get privately vs. just trading it in to a dealer with the knowledge that I am losing out on some extra cash.

I hope so! FUSC would be an awesome incentive.

Is your logic that September is near the end of the quarter so the incentives may come back again?

Also, does anyone in this thread have any experience with selling a used car privately not through trade in? How much would you pay to NOT have to deal with privately selling your car. I have never sold a car used and I am just curious if it’s worth the extra couple thousand i might be able to get privately vs. just trading it in to a dealer with the knowledge that I am losing out on some extra cash.
I think selling privately is worth the trouble, especially if you have the Title. I’ve used Autotrader a few times.

Note: if you trade it in you do receive a reduced tax on the new vehicle; the dealer can reduce the purchase price on the new vehicle by the value on the trade.

From other posts here, it does not seem to me that Tesla offers trade in market value compared to other dealers. Hard to know for sure but people have posted here about the unreasonably low offers they received from Tesla and they successfully turned around and sold privately without a hitch.

I pulled the trigger and got a 2023 LR at the end of June. Got $7500 off + $1K referral and 6yr unlimited SC (after getting rid of the lifetime SC on my old 2016 S). I am sure that they will have new promotions at the end of the next quarter. Tesla has a lot of competitors now. I believe Mercedes and BMW are beginning to offer significant discounts (via their leasing programs) on their top tier vehicles. What is scary is the dramatic collapse in used car pricing. I think my old 2016 S dropped by over $10K over the past year!

I pulled the trigger and got a 2023 LR at the end of June. Got $7500 off + $1K referral and 6yr unlimited SC (after getting rid of the lifetime SC on my old 2016 S). I am sure that they will have new promotions at the end of the next quarter. Tesla has a lot of competitors now. I believe Mercedes and BMW are beginning to offer significant discounts (via their leasing programs) on their top tier vehicles. What is scary is the dramatic collapse in used car pricing. I think my old 2016 S dropped by over $10K over the past year!
Be glad you didn't buy a plaid last spring like I did. Even discounted from 154K to 140K, its now worth 95K (~85K trade in) at best and its barely 18 months old. Today a new plaid can be had for 105K (with some options like 21s and something other thank black interior) before FSD which would bring it up to 120K which is a 34K price reduction alone. Insane. Tesla completely ruined the used market for anyone who bought last year doing what they are doing right now.