Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S existing inventory and pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interest rates have destroyed the market and slowed down buying, ergo the lower prices.
I’d expand on that. It’s way more than just interest rates halting consumer spending. It’s everything coupled together with inflation, the tax credit that destroys resale value on older model Teslas, and just simply because of market saturation with consumers dumping used models in lieu of upgrading to a ‘Y’ for example or anticipation of the new ‘Highland’ update. Really it’s a compounding of a lot of variants.

I bought my Plaid in June of 2021. And even though I paid the “big bucks” at the time I have been very happy with the car, it’s quality, speed and the fact that I’ve had over 2 years of a fun driving experience. Of course it would have been nice to pay less but I could have bought Tesla stock at $8 a share in 2013. 😁

Good point.

Or you can actually mine like thousands of bitcoin using any laptop from walmart back in 2011...and essentially be living the lifestyle of the top 0.1% right now...and a 150k price tag is a rounding error in your bank account.....sigh....

Last edited:
Reactions: Laddcruzer
Really getting close to good pricing
74,990 for MS LR
IMG_1959.png

Reactions: SO16
Oops X Plaid $89.990 as well didn't see the yoke added 😌 😌 😌
Wow...I pulled the trigger this past june because of "very good" pricing on inventory Model S LR....my configuration would be about $10K cheaper if ordered today. A couple other notes:

1) Base Model X trims qualify for the IRA tax credit (MSRP < $80K)...making them that much cheaper!
2) FSD price appears to be reduced from $15K to $12 K

I wonder how long it will take before a chorus of "My resale value!! Tesla should be sued! They owe me money!!" from semi-recent buyers will start. I will not be one of them. I would be jumping on these prices if I had not purchased already though!

Wow...I pulled the trigger this past june because of "very good" pricing on inventory Model S LR....my configuration would be about $10K cheaper if ordered today. A couple other notes:

1) Base Model X trims qualify for the IRA tax credit (MSRP < $80K)...making them that much cheaper!
2) FSD price appears to be reduced from $15K to $12 K

I wonder how long it will take before a chorus of "My resale value!! Tesla should be sued! They owe me money!!" from semi-recent buyers will start. I will not be one of them. I would be jumping on these prices if I had not purchased already though!
I’m with you @JoeyD, having taken delivery of my MSLR the last week of June. But I’m enjoying the free supercharging, although $10k would have been far better.
Now I’m watching the pricing on the M3 to help my daughter into the Tesla fold.
I saw a $1000 drop yesterday, but nothing significant today, the first day of September:

$37,830 for RWD before tax

$43,870 for AWD Black before tax

$47,920 M3P

Reactions: Deaf Paul
I’m with you @JoeyD, having taken delivery of my MSLR the last week of June. But I’m enjoying the free supercharging, although $10k would have been far better.
Now I’m watching the pricing on the M3 to help my daughter into the Tesla fold.
I saw a $1000 drop yesterday, but nothing significant today, the first day of September:
We are in similar positions...though my daughter won't really be ready for a new car for another 18-24 months. Unless things change, Model 3 will be near the top of the list of candidates.

Reactions: Mayer
We are in similar positions...though my daughter won't really be ready for a new car for another 18-24 months. Unless things change, Model 3 will be near the top of the list of candidates.
Right. I’m trying to move my 16 year old daughter into my 23 year old daughter’s 2018 Acura ILX, and my 23-year-old daughter into a M3.

So I’ve also been looking at the used prices through Tesla on the M3:

$27,700 2020 M3 RWD W/ 63k

$32,400 2020 M3 AWD w/ 37k