Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S gets $3K price drop then a $2570 drop to $69420!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

That's the competing price for a non-existing product Lucid Air base model that won't come out until 2022 ($69,900* after $7,500 tax credit or $77,400 before tax credit).

upload_2020-10-14_21-16-15.png

Last edited:
Yah, I just took delivery 4 weeks ago, and we've already seen 2 price drops. C'est la vie. OTOH, the car was worth it to me at the time, and I have no regrets. It's like buying a new computer.
Happened to me a more than one occasion. I too never understood people's whining and complaining. As long as Tesla delivers what they agreed to deliver, I owe them what I agreed to pay them. It was my choice to enter the contract, nobody put a gun to my head. The only issues I have with purchase of a Tesla is them not delivering what they advertised, but that's another story for another time. ;)

Last edited:
Still not interested, even in plaid. They can’t just keep adding more range and power and cutting the cost. Doesn’t make it any more appealing to me since I got most of what the Model S was meant to offer in 2014 with P85D (big power, good range, AP). I already had my fun with the S.

And $69k for a car with less build precision than a Corolla from a decade ago is sad. Just saying.

That's the competing price for a non-existing product Lucid Air base model that won't come out until 2022 ($69,900* after $7,500 tax credit or $77,400 before tax credit).

View attachment 598678
I like the Lucid specs, but for some reason every time I see pictures of it, I think of Saturn cars from late 90's. I really don't know why, perhaps similar design language or visual ques? :confused:

I paid 105k (minus tax credit) for my 2017 S90D. That was my choice and they delivered. Now can get a much better version of it for under 70k. Amazing for when I purchase one next time. But so far my car has been running great and no need to sell at this point. And my next vehicle will probably be the Cybertruck and keep my MS.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrGrPa and drklain
What is the logic of reducing the price $5500,- 1,5 years before (excluding delays) a competitor will deliver their product?
I would say the EQS would be a bigger threat to S sales than a Lucid though, but that is not available for purchase either.

That's the competing price for a non-existing product

Lucid Air base model that won't come out until 2022 ($69,900* after $7,500 tax credit or $77,400 before tax credit).
I wonder if the volvo XC40 EV and Polestar 2 will be considered be from two separate companies or will share the 200,000 tax credit quota?

Polestar 2 and Volvo XC40 Recharge: R&D chief on two EVs from the same braintrust

Just after the rollout in Los Angeles, Green Car Reports interviewed Henrik Green, the chief technology officer for the Volvo Car Group,
and its head of research and development operations, about what some of those similarities and differences might be.

“When it comes to battery technology, efficiency, current that we draw, power, etc.,
these are completely identical—the same team has tuned them both.”​

Why don't Tesla creates a separate brand call Cyber to get the 200,000 tax credit quota for the CyberTruck?

• Helpful
Reactions: croman and daktari