Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MidlifeCrisis ; excellent table, may be worth sorting entries by confirm date ; also maybe you can separate US / Canada / Europe as clearly they are on different timelines. And if really order date is linked to VIN number (and not confirm date) maybe we can register this one as well. Just sayin'

Thanks for the feedback @2virgule5! Agree with all your feedback, but for tonight I've just added a separate column for VIN number and moved the VINs I had from the VIN date column (and also kept the VIN date column, just because that data point may be desirable for some folks). I'm thinking of pulling all of this stuff into a google spreadsheet and posting a link so folks who want to filter and sort it can do as they please, and, hopefully, it will paste easily and in table format back into the main post so I can use the google sheet to resort, rather than having to manipulate the table inline. I'm back to work tomorrow after taking a week off, so won't have quite as much free time to check on this thread, but will try to post updates at least once nightly, including an update with improved sorting tomorrow night!

@midlifecrisis
-1.jpg

My Options. Metallic Grey, Fog Lights, 19" Michelin Tires. Down payment. 42,500.00 down payment

I had a Model X P reserved but changed it to Model S, when it would be next year getting it. Its hard enough waiting 9-10 weeks.
HeHaw

Last edited:
A suggestion (but it's your table, NOT mine!) -- move the table to a publicly readable google doc/spreadsheet? Probably easier to edit that way, and people can sort,search on it more easily?

You could also make it writeable by all, but that risks malicious or inadvertant errors...

Yep, that works. One must make a copy of it to play with sorting, options etc. Seems pretty clear that any order for US delivery at or after 12/5 is meant for late Feb...

@ AIMc, you seem to know more about manufacturing patterns, any more insights to share?

Yep, that works. One must make a copy of it to play with sorting, options etc. Seems pretty clear that any order for US delivery at or after 12/5 is meant for late Feb...

@ AIMc, you seem to know more about manufacturing patterns, any more insights to share
?

No insights. Just watching the behavior patterns as it relates to production, shipping and time within each fiscal quarter. TM wants to show the most sales per quarter (I would do the same) by making sure as much of the production in each quarter gets 'sold' in that quarter. So, produce for Europe or Asia early each quarter so they can be shipped and arrive before the end of the quarter. Then mid to late quarter produce for US/Canadian customers so that the shipments can reach these 'closer' destinations on time. Finally, sell out all loaners at the service centers the last two weeks of each quarter (IMO you will get the best price on these loaners if you buy one by waiting till the end of the quarter).

@ AIMc, you seem to know more about manufacturing patterns, any more insights to share?

2virgule5 , you have to be so frustrated. Just one day after Midlifecrisis orders, you order. But still no Vin, and you get a delivery one month later. Hard to make sense of it. The overseas delivery/manufacturing patterns could be part of it, but I think the holidays could be more of it. Good luck on getting a VIN assigned soon.

Great work KaJu74!!! I love the new format, and I've put your link at the top of the initial post for folks to easily find in the future.

Do you mind if we treat your document as the golden source, and I'll periodically paste a trimmed down version into the master thread for the more casual thread browsers to view.

I personally wouldn't mind just replacing the table with that google document so there was only one master document, but the inline table may get folks attention and motivate them to post their details to the thread more than pulling up a link would. Thoughts?

Hey all, I got in touch with my Tesla sales contact yesterday because I needed to remove an option from my order, and I asked him if manufacturing was on track for January deliveries, and he confirmed my car was still scheduled to be in the production line from 15-24 January, and that I should have it delivered no later than 25-Jan. Needless to say, I was stoked to hear that.

He did mention something about the end of quarter production/delivery craziness, which supports AIMc's recent comments on quarterly production planning!

UserCountryDelivery CityCurrent status:Confirmedoriginally planned delivery (from preMVPA)currently estimated delivery timeframeVIN (last five digits)Prod StartDelivered onBatteryPerformancePerformance +Paint colorRoofWeelsSeatsDecor AccentsTechParking SensorsWinterFog LightsSound StudioExtended Nappa Lether TrimAlcantara HeadlinerAir SuspRear Facing SeatsLight PackageSecurity PackageParcel ShelfChargerSuperchargingPaint Armor19" Primacy Tire UpgradeSpoiler carbonRed Brake CalipersComments
dhas, finalized 11/29, usa, Van Nuys, Parts being sourced, February, 85, not P, blue, blue roof, tan leather, piano black, tech, parking sensors, no winter, no fog, yes sound, yes air suspension, nothing else

dhas added to List.

Color Name changed.

Happy new Year!

Happy New Year @KaJu74 and everyone else eagerly awaiting their Model S delivery!

@Kaju74 - Thank you again for maintaining the master google spreadsheet! Since I'll be periodically pasting a subset of the table columns into the original post, to try to keep the inline table relatively current with the google doc, do you mind making the following minor adjustments to make my copy/paste life a little easier?

1. Go ahead and sort the table by confirm date or maybe target date then confirm date, ascending, since I will sort it that way before pasting a copy into the first post anyway, and I think a few people would prefer to see it sorted by one of those columns.

2. Please put the most relevant columns for the "abbreviated table" copy at the beginning. If you look at the latest copy I pasted on the first post, you'll see what I have in mind currently...I'm thinking of the following columns, in this order, for the abbreviated table for quick reference for folks who aren't interested in diving into the additional detail or sorting features and who just want to track who have received their cars and when the next person is due to take delivery: User, Country, Delivery City, Battery, Performance, Plus, Confirmed, Originally planned delivery, currently estimated delivery, VIN, Prod Start.

3. Do you mind also abbreviating the following column headers so the inline table snapshot looks compact and clean: Performance -> P; Performance Plus -> +, Originally Planned delivery (from preMVPA) -> Pref Deliv [maybe, as I'm assuming this is the original "preferred delivery" date we get assigned or choose at order time], currently estimated delivery timeframe -> Est Deliv; VIN (last five digits) -> VIN?

4. Please also convert the date format to the locale-neutral DD-MMM-YY format or just DD-MMM (e.g., 25-Jan instead of 25.01.2014). You may have to change your locale from German to US to do that, as I didn't see the DD-MMM format available under German locale. Not that I don't appreciate the more globally used format, they current date format could be confusing to some of our less worldly forum-mates, and the DD-MMM format is both unambiguous and Euro-centric, in my opinion.

If you want to do that on just one of the tabs instead of both, it is up to you (assuming you don't mind making some/all of those changes above), it would reduce my copy/paste/edit exercise from about 5 minutes to under 1 minute.

Thanks again...if I'm being too much of a pain here, my apologies...I'm definitely very grateful to have someone else manage the master spreadsheet, since I might be spending less time on this forum in 24 days (but whose counting?).

Changes done, only your confirm Date is missing.

:biggrin:

Perfect, looks great! Here's my additional info (which I accidentally sent to you twice via personal message, because it was my first time replying and it looked like it did not work the first time:

Confirm Date: 4-Dec
Order Date: 21-Nov
Preferred Delivery - January

I've also pasted an updated table, copied from your latest updates (without my missing data yet). Looks great!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all, for those of you who have gotten your VINs and haven't posted the last 5 digits yet, do you mind doing so, so @KaJu74 can roll those into the table, too? No need to reply if you haven't gotten yours yet, just wanted to try to get that column filled up as the VINs roll in to provide some additional helpful data for those of us looking for patterns and other hints to the production timing for our Model S'es! Will also serve as a helpful indication of what percentage of the recent orders are participating in this particular thread, based on size of the gaps between VINs.