Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q1 Order time - by country and Performance vs Non-perf

I ran a pivot table from our google spreadsheet to get order stats for all delivered vehicles so far, broken down by perf vs. non-perf. That part was pretty easy, but copying from Excel to TMC in a readable format wasted 45 minutes of my life I will never get back.

So, for now, below is a png file that looks as pretty as it does in Excel, and that is followed by a crappy inline table which doesn't do justice to the native Excel formatting. This table shows individual times from order date (where recorded, otherwise used confirm date) to delivery date, and then shows average times at top of each section; the very bottom shows max, min and median delivery times for US only (since the rest of the countries have few enough data points so far you can figure those out just by looking at the data in those sections of the table.

Q1 Order Time Stats - 2014-03-20.png

Average of Days from Order to DeliveryPerformance?

Row LabelsNoYesGrand Total
CA105114107.25
Canuck90
gpetti
techMology223
Ugliest12
DE216
KaJu74216
FR216
nlc216
US81.362.772
a_kwok
Blaze87
Cole Avenue
delanman
flodrab
gnychis84
Great Dane
icantdrawanime66
Ironforge
JaredBanyard93
MattMDK
mbaj474
MidlifeCrisis80
muleferg83
pharmacydave
ScottieLV
SummerlinModelS92
thedaysbetween63
Tony DelCampo
Wildcat91
Grand Total10467.488.5

US Max938893
US Min634747
US Median83.560.571

Yeah, I'm thinking of charting over time, too. A long time member shared a very cool production chart from early Tesla days which we now have enough data points to produce...more to come as time allows...anyone else with fast spreadsheet charting skills is welcome to take a shot at it!

Looks like TMC is really scaling up quick. Based on that spreadsheet @midlifecrisis, times have come down pretty significantly. My delivery will be exactly 42 days from order date. 6 weeks for Non-P

I ran a pivot table from our google spreadsheet to get order stats for all delivered vehicles so far, broken down by perf vs. non-perf. That part was pretty easy, but copying from Excel to TMC in a readable format wasted 45 minutes of my life I will never get back.

So, for now, below is a png file that looks as pretty as it does in Excel, and that is followed by a crappy inline table which doesn't do justice to the native Excel formatting. This table shows individual times from order date (where recorded, otherwise used confirm date) to delivery date, and then shows average times at top of each section; the very bottom shows max, min and median delivery times for US only (since the rest of the countries have few enough data points so far you can figure those out just by looking at the data in those sections of the table.
Hi,
Thanks for doing this. My number of days says 113 but I think it should probably be 79 as December 11 was the actual date that I changed my order to get the earliest available date. Originally I hadn't chosen the earliest date. Not being pedantic just thought this number was probably more realistic. I believe Techmology had picked a date in the future, i.e. not the earliest available so for these examples it might be good to show a mark or asterisk so people trying to use the data know this isn't a typical delivery time. Not sure how Ugliest came up as 2 days - looks like the confirmation date might not be correct and or he got an inventory vehicle.

Hi,
Thanks for doing this. My number of days says 113 but I think it should probably be 79 as December 11 was the actual date that I changed my order to get the earliest available date. Originally I hadn't chosen the earliest date. Not being pedantic just thought this number was probably more realistic. I believe Techmology had picked a date in the future, i.e. not the earliest available so for these examples it might be good to show a mark or asterisk so people trying to use the data know this isn't a typical delivery time. Not sure how Ugliest came up as 2 days - looks like the confirmation date might not be correct and or he got an inventory vehicle.

Thanks for the feedback @gpetti; after publishing I realized I had made two errors in those stats (which I had avoided in an earlier version and then reintroduced in my failed attempts to get a pivot table to paste cleanly into a TMC comment):

1. I had meant to filter out any people who had "no" in the "was this the earliest delivery" column, since we should not include those people in stats which are meant to give an average wait time for ASAP orders. Your value for that column says "no" right now, so I would have excluded you from these stats which probably wasn't the answer you wanted either, but there was at least one poor soul on this thread who changed from a delayed delivery to an ASAP delivery and seemed to have fallen completely thru the cracks (I don't think it was you, but am too lazy to search for that person right now). Since you seemed to have been treated, for the most part, as someone who asked for an ASAP order right away, on the date you changed your preference, I can fudge your order date data, or add a column, so you stay in the next version of the stats summary, but get treated as an ASAP order with an effective order date of the date you made that change, as you suggest.

2. @Ulgiest1 got an inventory car, so he doesn't belong in this table at all! Will filter him out on future stats related to order times, which I'm sure he won't complain about, since the lucky guy got to get a car right away when he "ordered"!

I have some really cool ideas for some useful stats, as our Q1 brothers and sisters get more delivery dates filled in, but will be a little slow at generating them since my excel charting skills are intermediate at best...I suspect there's some gurus on this thread (perhaps even @KaJu74, the creator of the master google doc) who may have much better skills than me, so I'm all for an expert publishing some cool charts here if you have ideas!

Update. My P85 is arriving in Seattle on Sunday (original pick-up date was next Saturday 3/29). DS offered a Monday pick-up but unfortunately I can't make the logistics of that work (something about a daughter's birthday...;-) Looking at Wednesday morning...HPWC is being installed as I type this! It's getting real...

VIN35264

:crying: My DS contacted me: Because of problems my Tesla together with some other Tesla's weren't shipped to Europe, so my delivery has been postponed by two weeks :crying:

Especially tragic that it had to happen to you, because as an organizer of this thread, you're literally watching everyone else get their car.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the car. Andrew is awesome, he drove through a blizzard and stayed late for my delivery as well. I hope to see you on the road in the coming weeks. Have fun with the new car.

Thanks, JJR! Last week, I saw a silver 60 on northbound Randall Rd. Maybe that was you.

:crying: My DS contacted me: Because of problems my Tesla together with some other Tesla's weren't shipped to Europe, so my delivery has been postponed by two weeks :crying:

Sorry to hear (actually read) that. If it is postponed two weeks, does that mean that there is a container ship coming at two week intervals? That in itself is interesting information for us Europeans waiting for our cars.. We can start guessing on which ship our cars will be on. :smile:

Pate

Sorry to hear (actually read) that. If it is postponed two weeks, does that mean that there is a container ship coming at two week intervals? That in itself is interesting information for us Europeans waiting for our cars.. We can start guessing on which ship our cars will be on. :smile:

Pate

Yeah, it looks like a two week interval indeed. I already heard from someone who followed 'his' ship that it takes 12 days to ship from New York to Rotterdam, NL.