Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered March, 11. The Metalic Grey paint job was first class, It looks like it has sealer applied. So maybe its worth the $750. over the std paint. I was a little worried when started reading the paint issue's.

IMG_1636.JPG
6E3A9683.JPG
6E3A9701.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG
6E3A9675.JPG
6E3A9678.JPG
IMG_1638.JPG

Last edited:
@KaJu74 - thanks for the update! One thing, the first computed column should not be to "production start" ... I think you meant "days from order to confirmation" or similar.

Also, some of the calculations look marginally incorrect... did/can you try the DAYS360 function and see if that works?

Another suggestion would be to PM all of the people who have so kindly volunteered their info, and ask them to provide the missing information (i.e. the gaps in their data). I'm normally not a fan of spamming people, but a one-time-shot does not seem like it would be a massive imposition here.

If there's anything I can do to help this along, let me know!

Successful delivery today in Fremont. Confusion at the gate - so please take note if you are arriving for a tour and pickup. The gate guard told us to go to Door 1. We parked, couldn't get in. The security guard at Door 1 told us to go to the building on the far side of the Customer Delivery Center. Arriving there, we were told no, we should go directly to the Delivery Center, which is what we'd planned originally. If you are taking delivery AND taking a tour, you go to the Delivery Center. If you are an investor, you go to the building to the left of the Delivery Center, and you will start your tour with a guide at Door 1. I'm guessing most of us reading this thread are like me, so go to the Delivery Center if you want your tour. They start directly out of the store there. Maybe everyone knows this already.. but it's worth repeating.

The car was well detailed - there was some headliner fuzz in the pano roof which we removed by hand. Looked like Bret Michaels circa 1988 had half of his mop caught in the thing. Otherwise, no issues I could recognize.

The tour was good and entertaining even for my young(ish) son. He was the minimum height so he was welcomed - and really enjoyed it. The factory was buzzing with activity, and watching them press the blanks with the mechanical and hydraulic presses was our favorite part. I definitely recommend it.

The car got home safely and well. I only used 346 wh/mi over the 66 miles home. Considering I was nailing it any chance I got (within speed limits), I was surprised I fared so well. It was raining from time to time with sunny patches so I was selective in my spirited driving, but we had fun regardless.

I have my Rial Luganos to mount - hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. Here's a photo of my son, very happy, with the car as delivered. I'll post a better/clearer photo once the wheels are mounted.

IMG_1234.JPG

User: Minker
Delivery City: Torrance
Model/Battery: 85
Order Date : 2/5/14
Confirmed: 2/7/14
Into Production: 3/18/14
Production complete: 3/21/14
Pref Deliv/earliest: Mar 2014/yes
Scheduled Deliv: 3/27/14
Actual Delivery: 3/25/14

My Precious is finally here!!! :biggrin:

Congrats to the latest batch of happy Tesla drivers. I'm out of town and definitely missing my baby while I drive a gutless rental vehicle. Looking at the app longingly. My wife asked me if I was going to miss her or the car more, to which I answered, don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to :smile: