Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an update: I had confirmed an S85 earlier (after two test drives), but S85 vs P85 posts here (and the super-helpful qwk!) convinced me to take a third test drive. I drove the P85 and S85 back to back today, and decided on the P85. Tesla staff in Burlingame was patient and helpful throughout the process, and helped me change the order post-confirmation. Still looking at a mid to late June delivery, but we'll see what my DS has to say after the order is updated. No VIN yet.

Somewhat related: does anyone have a blue MS with the matte carbon fiber spoiler? Mind posting pics?

I just made the same change, adding P. I went blue also so would love to see the pics. Funny enough I was so-so on the spoiler but my wife loved it on the white one we looked at....

Nice Schrike! I believe that Golfski and I are hoping that with us all being Seattleites they will just throw ours into production way ahead of time and send them all up together! Wishful thinking? Sure! But hey, it could happen.

You bet that is what I am hoping for! I actually got an email from the DS today, stating the tentative pickup date of June 17. Seemed like a form email, still noted that my estimated delivery window was Late June, so I am hoping now that it says just "June" maybe I can get it earlier than June 17th....thats still 6 weeks away!!!

You bet that is what I am hoping for! I actually got an email from the DS today, stating the tentative pickup date of June 17. Seemed like a form email, still noted that my estimated delivery window was Late June, so I am hoping now that it says just "June" maybe I can get it earlier than June 17th....thats still 6 weeks away!!!
Whoa now! We both ordered and confirmed on the same days and we have the same expected delivery date (17 June) so if you get your date moved up I want my date moved up too! On a related note: guess it is possible that I could see you at the service center upon taking delivery depending on timing

The day has FINALLY COME! (and, technically, GONE)

Model S P85+ delivered at 9:25pm CDT May 2nd 2014!

Unfortunately, the already poor light of the day was well into disappearing by then so I didn't get to do a very thorough investigation of paint and wheel condition, or look for dents/scratches. What I could see looked damn good though!

Some initial shots of it in the garage for the night (a whole 6-inches to spare:scared:; need to do some spring cleaning ASAP). Better pics to follow.

20140502_230746.jpg
20140502_230821.jpg

Strangely, I received a pair of custom Tesla fob "cozies" with my car but did not receive a license plate frame. Anyone else receive the same?

20140502_234504.jpg

Delivery date confirmed for June 11th! Timeline:

Ordered: Apr 6
Confirmed: Apr 7
Change from S85 to P85: May 2 (was told that this change would not impact the delivery schedule)

Config: P85 / Blue / Tan / Pano / Obeche Matte & Floor / Tech / UHF / Air / Fogs / Sensors / 19"

VIN: 41635

Last edited:

Model S P85+ delivered at 9:25pm CDT May 2nd 2014!

Unfortunately, the already poor light of the day was well into disappearing by then so I didn't get to do a very thorough investigation of paint and wheel condition, or look for dents/scratches. What I could see looked damn good though!

Some initial shots of it in the garage for the night (a whole 6-inches to spare:scared:; need to do some spring cleaning ASAP). Better pics to follow.

Strangely, I received a pair of custom Tesla fob "cozies" with my car but did not receive a license plate frame. Anyone else receive the same?
Awesome! Congrats mayhemm I know the car will be worth your very long wait. I got the fob cosies too. Very handy as I find the fobs kind of slippery. I got the license frame as I had them put my plate on in Vancouver, not sure if they would have included it. Ironically I will have to get a new one as this one covers up my license sticker that tells "the heat" which year the plate is licensed for.

Awesome! Congrats mayhemm I know the car will be worth your very long wait. I got the fob cosies too. Very handy as I find the fobs kind of slippery. I got the license frame as I had them put my plate on in Vancouver, not sure if they would have included it. Ironically I will have to get a new one as this one covers up my license sticker that tells "the heat" which year the plate is licensed for.

Thanks!

Apparently, I was supposed to get a frame because Tesla is FedEx'ing one to me on Monday.

Don't have to worry about it covering stickers here in SK, we did away with them in the last year or so. Good thing, I guess, if I want to use the Tesla frame.

It snowed here the last two days (both days I've had the car) with temperatures around freezing. I had to do my delivery in my winter gear! On the plus side, it matched the car.

I'm waiting for a bit warmer weather before I take my first road trip.

Question: Do you find your cruise control to be a bit "herky-jerky"? When I'm using mine and I go around corners or up/down hills the car will jerk for a second; like the cruise lets off enough to allow regen to kick in before re-engaging. May prove to be annoying over time.

A) there are no curves in Saskatchewan. ( :) )
B) Yes I get the odd slight hiccup depending on the geography changes of the road, not always. It used to be worse in my last ICE, an Infiniti M35 -- sudden uphill would force the car into flooring the gas, downhill it would brake (wasting energy!!), and around corners it would slow itself down quite a bit, more than was needed IMO. With the Model S's torque, it's very good at keeping the speed even on a sudden uphill climb, and regen braking deals with downhill very well too. But if the climb is huge I have always taken over myself rather than force the cruise control to deal with it.
C) Congrats Mayhemm! It's been a long haul for you. The snow did you a favour so you can run a small test of the Model S's handling before next winter.

Congratulations Mayhemm. That's a nice looking car.

I got the front and rear Tesla plate holders but no key fob holder. They installed them with the plates when I picked up my car in Vancouver. If you contact the Vancouver store they will probably send them to you. How did you install the front plates?

You use cruise control when going around corners? I assume you mean gentle curves on a highway?

No, I mean corners. I never take any corner at less than 50kph. :tongue: Yes, I meant on the highway.

A) there are no curves in Saskatchewan. ( :) )

Don't mistake where I live for prairie. I'm up in the Canadian Shield. We have some pretty wicked corners (even hills!). And if you happen to go off the road, it's straight into solid rock. :scared: Still, good one. :biggrin:

Congratulations Mayhemm. That's a nice looking car.

I got the front and rear Tesla plate holders but no key fob holder. They installed them with the plates when I picked up my car in Vancouver. If you contact the Vancouver store they will probably send them to you. How did you install the front plates?

Thanks! They are indeed going to send me a frame on Monday. Not a big deal, but it's a nice touch.

We currently don't use front plates in SK (fortunately).