Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S ownership distribution in some of wealthiest zip codes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the market share listed here the portion of new car registrations... Or all cars?
Living in one of the zips with 11 percent market share to Tesla... I'm guessing it is the first of these... On my street of 30 houses there are about 80 cars but just 2 teslas... However there are only a couple of new cars that are not teslas.

How did the Jeep Grand Cherokee make the list so many times? That should be the focus of the article!

The Grand Cherokee has been popular with that set for some time. Back in the '90s there was a high end car dealer in Toronto selling (among others) Maserati, and a number of his customers were interested in the Grand Cherokee. With the Chrysler/Maserati partnership going on at that time, he was able to sell Jeeps and Eagles (on a limited basis) through his dealership. Bill Brack, the owner and racecar driver at the time drove a performance version of the Eagle Vision. I bought a performance Vision TSi from him and it was kinda cool seeing my car in for servicing amongst all kinds of exotics.

I can honestly say I can guarantee that I have the only Tesla Model S in my city.

Someday, someday, someday ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The Grand Cherokee has been popular with that set for some time. Back in the '90s there was a high end car dealer in Toronto selling (among others) Maserati, and a number of his customers were interested in the Grand Cherokee. With the Chrysler/Maserati partnership going on at that time, he was able to sell Jeeps and Eagles (on a limited basis) through his dealership. Bill Brack, the owner and racecar driver at the time drove a performance version of the Eagle Vision. I bought a performance Vision TSi from him and it was kinda cool seeing my car in for servicing amongst all kinds of exotics.
why not a Land Rover?

They forgot to point out that all 8 of those zips where Model S is the most popular model are in California:

californiamarketshare.jpg

My blog post.

Model S is the vehicle of choice in many of America's wealthiest zip codes

Jessica Caldwell of Edmunds.com finds that the Model S is the top registered car for 2013 in 8 of the 25 wealthiest zip codes (including one tie). Even if you combine the Mercedes GL/E/C Class, they only manage two more 1st place finishes than Tesla.

Tesla Model S is the vehicle of choice in many of America's wealthiest zip codes - Yahoo Autos

I'd bet good money that Tesla will overtake Mercedes in this (admittedly unusual) metric in 2014.

I can honestly say I can guarantee that I have the only Tesla Model S in my city.

I've caught glimpses of either 3 Sig reds in the slow lane of the 5 north somewhere around Burbank or 1 three times (I commute at random times in the AM), from the #1 lane, saw/passed 1 white S on the 5 south somewhere around Glendale after dark (I gave her a "thumbs up" out of my sunroof as I passed), and just the other day, saw a black S turning onto Los Feliz from Griffith Park in the AM.

Which one is yours? :smile:

Last edited: